Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

66 Pages « < 62 63 64 65 66 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Serious Talk Inspirational Stories, Pictures, Quotes...

views

anzvampire
post Dec 10 2013, 02:35 PM

Getting Started
259 posts

1. Knowledge is SCARY,Stupidity is REALLY frightening.

2. We tried, We Failed, We Tried, We Failed, the only true Failure is when we stop trying.
winstonst
post Jul 22 2014, 12:19 PM

Getting Started
174 posts

QUOTE(GarubaSwey @ Aug 20 2013, 03:32 PM)
Benefit of Failure
user posted image
well said! thumbup.gif
ngaisteve1
post Aug 7 2014, 01:44 PM

Software Engineer
6,779 posts

"Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out." Robert Collier
ngaisteve1
post Aug 9 2014, 10:19 AM

Software Engineer
6,779 posts

While I am not talented (natural ability), I can improve in my technique (through learning) until I become skillful (a developed ability).
SUSfingercrackg
post Sep 26 2014, 03:27 AM

Getting Started
93 posts

"I fear the Greeks even when they brings gifts"...
SUSDeadlocks
post Sep 26 2014, 09:36 PM

n00b
943 posts

The secret to life is to be schizophrenic with only two separate personalities, one that pursues perfection, and the other that stops you whenever you reach your limit.

The trick is to be both different people at the same time.

~ My own quote ~

This post has been edited by Deadlocks: Sep 26 2014, 09:37 PM
simpletraveler
post Sep 28 2014, 12:20 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,872 posts

QUOTE(N's @ Aug 2 2008, 05:15 PM)
I have a Inspirational News. Read on.. smile.gif
This is not inspirational even if it is true and nothing tricky.
Being Toto, I don't believe it at all. It could be planned to cheat and advertise.
simpletraveler
post Sep 28 2014, 01:22 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,872 posts

QUOTE(~Mew~ @ Feb 7 2012, 01:33 AM)
Following is a letter by a Father to his son from a renowned Hong Kong
TV broadcaster/Child Psychologist. The words are actually applicable
to all of us, young or old, Children or parents.! This applies to
daughters too. All parents can use this in their teachings to their
children.

Dear son ,

I am writing this to you because of 3 reasons

1.Life, fortune and mishaps are unpredictable; nobody knows how long he lives. Some words are better said early.

2. I am your father, and if I don't tell you these, no one else will.

3. What is written is my own personal bitter experiences that perhaps could save you a lot of unnecessary heartaches.
Remember the following as you go through life:

1. Do not bear grudge towards those who are not good to you. No one has the responsibility of treating you well, except your mother and I.
To those who are good to you, you have to treasure it and be thankful, and ALSO you have to be cautious, because, everyone has a motive for every move. When a person is good to you, it does not mean he really likes you. You have to be careful, don't hastily regard him as a real friend.
2. No one is indispensable, nothing in the world that you must
possess. Once you understand this idea, it would be easier for you to go through life when people around you don't want you anymore, or when you lose what/who you love most.

3.Life is short. When you waste your life today, tomorrow you would find that life is leaving you. The earlier you treasure your life, the better you enjoy life.

4.Love is but a transient feeling, and this feeling would fade with time and with one's mood. If your so called loved one leaves you, be patient, time will wash away your aches and sadness. Don't over exaggerate the beauty and sweetness of love, and don't over exaggerate the sadness of falling out of love.

5.A lot of successful people did not receive a good education, that does not mean that you can be successful by not studying hard! Whatever knowledge you gain is your weapon in life. One can go from rags to riches, but one has to start from some rags!

6.I do not expect you to financially support me when I am old, neither would I financially support your whole life. My responsibility as a supporter ends when you are grown up. After that, you decide whether you want to travel in a public transport or in your limousine, whether rich or poor.

7.You honor your words, but don't expect others to be so. You can be good to people, but don't expect people to be good to you. If you don't understand this, you would end up with unnecessary troubles.

8. I have bought lotteries for umpteen years, but I never strike any prize. That shows if you want to be rich, you have to work hard! There is no free lunch!

9. No matter how much time I have with you, let's treasure the time we have together. We do not know if we would meet again in our next life.
With Love,

Your Dad...
After reading several pages from the beginning and some at the end, I find this is the best and totally no elements of the slightest motive but sincerely to help.
I like especially point no. 1 after the word ALSO.......
It is so true and most people don't tell you so. When anyone try to do something nice, be CAREFUL too beside feeling THANKFUL. I have seen some that actually promote religion pretentiously.

This post has been edited by simpletraveler: Sep 28 2014, 01:25 PM
SUSDeadlocks
post Dec 27 2014, 06:46 PM

n00b
943 posts

QUOTE(simpletraveler @ Sep 28 2014, 01:22 PM)
After reading several pages from the beginning and some at the end, I find this is the best and totally no elements of the slightest motive but sincerely to help.
I like especially point no. 1 after the word ALSO.......
It is so true and most people don't tell you so. When anyone try to do something nice, be CAREFUL too beside feeling THANKFUL. I have seen some that actually promote religion pretentiously.
We do not see the things they are. We see the things we are.

Both happiness and suffering that you see is a product of your own experiences, hence, if you wish to find someone or something to blame, you only need to look at a mirror.

This post has been edited by Deadlocks: Dec 27 2014, 06:47 PM
SUSDeadlocks
post Jan 28 2015, 01:30 PM

n00b
943 posts

http://zenpencils.com/comic/65-marianne-wi...r-deepest-fear/

user posted image

This post has been edited by Deadlocks: Jan 28 2015, 01:30 PM
hdd-corrupted
post Jan 28 2015, 02:58 PM

Getting Started
278 posts

edited

This post has been edited by hdd-corrupted: Jan 28 2015, 02:58 PM
Dozen
post Jan 28 2015, 05:30 PM

22 posts

Park here smile.gif
aliesterfiend
post Feb 12 2015, 09:56 AM

Red Dragon
1,193 posts

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. - Marcus Aurelius

We often refuse to accept an idea merely because the tone of voice in which it has been expressed is unsympathetic to us. - Nietzsche

People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs. - Alexei Sayle

We take for granted we know the whole story. We judge a book by its cover and read what we want between selected lines. - W. Axl Rose

user posted image
GarubaSwey
post Mar 27 2015, 09:12 AM

Getting Started
104 posts

What Teachers make?

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Transport4U
post Apr 4 2015, 03:01 PM

0 posts

user posted image

Two Things Are Infinite The Universe And Human Stupidity Only I'm Not Sure About The Universe - Albert Einstein
SUSDeadlocks
post May 2 2015, 04:26 PM

n00b
943 posts

https://youtu.be/pxN1YnVUfjM

THE DICTIONARY OF OBSCURE SORROWS

http://www.dictionaryofobscuresorrows.com

ETYMOLOGY

From German klecksography, the art of making images from inkblots, famously used in Rorschach psychoanalytic tests. Interpreting their ambiguity is thought to illuminate the subconscious of the patient.

TRANSCRIPT

Your life is written in indelible ink. There's no going back to erase the past, tweak your mistakes, or fill in missed opportunities. When the moment's over, your fate is sealed.
But if look closer, you notice the ink never really dries on any our experiences. They can change their meaning the longer you look at them.

Klexos.

There are ways of thinking about the past that aren't just nostalgia or regret. A kind of questioning that enriches an experience after the fact. To dwell on the past is to allow fresh context to trickle in over the years, and fill out the picture; to keep the memory alive, and not just as a caricature of itself. So you can look fairly at a painful experience, and call it by its name.

Time is the most powerful force in the universe. It can turn a giant into someone utterly human, just trying to make their way through. Or tell you how you really felt about someone, even if you couldn't at the time. It can put your childhood dreams in context with adult burdens or turn a universal consensus into an embarrassing fad. It can expose cracks in a relationship that once seemed perfect. Or keep a friendship going by thoughts alone, even if you'll never see them again. It can flip your greatest shame into the source of your greatest power, or turn a jolt of pride into something petty, done for the wrong reasons, or make what felt like the end of the world look like a natural part of life.

The past is still mostly a blank page, so we may be doomed to repeat it. But it's still worth looking into if it brings you closer to the truth.

Maybe it's not so bad to dwell in the past, and muddle in the memories, to stem the simplification of time, and put some craft back into it. Maybe we should think of memory itself as an art form, in which the real work begins as soon as the paint hits the canvas. And remember that a work of art is never finished, only abandoned.

kitongti
post May 2 2015, 07:02 PM

25 posts

Nice tered..
Mrs Moey Park Moon
post May 3 2015, 10:37 PM

1 posts

xxxxxxxxx

This post has been edited by Mrs Moey Park Moon: Jun 3 2015, 02:33 AM
Right time right person
post May 13 2015, 09:27 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(SilenTz_1993 @ Aug 9 2008, 11:31 PM)
A Story on Friendship

A story is told about a soldier who was finally coming home after having fought in Vietnam. He called his parents from San Francisco.

"Mom and Dad, I'm coming home, but I've a favor to ask. I have a friend I'd like to bring home with me.

"Sure," they replied, "we'd love to meet him."

"There's something you should know," the son continued, "he was hurt pretty badly in the fighting. He stepped on a land mind and lost an arm and a leg. He has nowhere else to go, and I want him to come live with us."

"I'm sorry to hear that, son. Maybe we can help him find somewhere to live."

"No, Mom and Dad, I want him to live with us."

"Son," said the father, "you don't know what you're asking. Someone with such a handicap would be a terrible burden on us. We have our own lives to live, and we can't let something like this interfere with our lives. I think you should just come home and forget about this guy. He'll find a way to live on his own."

At that point, the son hung up the phone. The parents heard nothing more from him. A few days later, however, they received a call from the San Francisco police. Their son had died after falling from a building, they were told. The police believed it was suicide.

The grief-stricken parents flew to San Francisco and were taken to the city morgue to identify the body of their son. They recognized him, but to their horror they also discovered something they didn't know, their son had only one arm and one leg.

The parents in this story are like many of us. We find it easy to love those who are good-looking or fun to have around, but we don't like people who inconvenience us or make us feel uncomfortable. We would rather stay away from people who aren't as healthy, beautiful, or smart as we are.

Thankfully, there's someone who won't treat us that way. Someone who loves us with an unconditional love that welcomes us into the forever family, regardless of how messed up we are.

Tonight, before you tuck yourself in for the night, say a little prayer that God will give you the strength you need to accept people as they are, and to help us all be more understanding of those who are different from us!!! There's a miracle called Friendship That dwells in the heart You don't know how it happens Or when it gets started But you know the special lift It always brings. And you realize that Friendship Is God's most precious gift!

blush.gif
piguupiguu
post May 15 2015, 04:24 PM

0 posts

Attached ImageDon't change yourself to win someone's heart.
Stay true and you'll find someone who likes you for being you.

66 Pages « < 62 63 64 65 66 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0252sec    0.53    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:24 AM