Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Blog Management how to make my blog popular?, start here

views

wildcat90
post Sep 18 2010, 03:10 PM

Getting Started
273 posts

Hi my fellow bloggers!

I'm about to tell you a tip that so far as I've searched online, NO ONE has shared it publicly BUT it's fu*king effective!
And it's not a spam and it'll drive thousands of non-bots, HIGH quality readers to your blog!

Read on!

The secret is the power of expectation. Let's say that you're a football blogger and the finals of the World Cup is 3 weeks away. It is VERY safe to say that on the day of the finals itself and the day after, there'll be a HUMUNGOUS surge of people Googling "World Cup 2010 Winner". Now, at this time, there will be very few pages that contain those keywords. Why? Because the winner results are not out yet!!

You can take advantage of this fact and get your blog up on the 1st page of Google Search BEFORE the high pagerank sites start writing about it!

So now, 3 weeks from the finals, start a post and name it "World Cup 2010 Winner". Yes, you can't predict the future BUT you can write a buffer message. Here's an example of one. http://www.fabodylous.com/2000/09/mr-olymp...10-results.html

Then now, what you have to do is to get as many backlinks as possible for THAT SPECIFIC PAGE. Remember, Google ranks each page and subpage by itself. So make the links go directly to that POST PAGE, not your blog's main page. The more backlinks and traffic that page gets, the higher it'll rank in Google Search.

And if you can't figure it out yet, I'm writing a bodybuilding and fitness blog and I'm using this tactic right now for the coming Mr Olympia 2010 (which is like, the FIFA world cup of bodybuilding).

If you think this tip is helpful, please help me too! Click on this link, KEEP THE TAB OPEN FOR SEVERAL MINUTES, then close it. Oh, bumping this thread is helpful too. smile.gif - http://www.fabodylous.com/2000/09/mr-olymp...10-results.html

Here's an insight of my success in optimizing that page so far.

This is a very recent update because I found out that Google just crawled the web yesterday (17th Sep).

Here's for the keyword

Mr Olympia 2010 - I'm in the 2nd page
user posted image

Mr Olympia 2010 predictions - 1st page
user posted image

Mr Olympia 2010 results - 2nd page (help me bring it to first page!) smile.gif
user posted image
wildcat90
post Nov 13 2018, 02:49 PM

Getting Started
273 posts

Do people still read blogs nowadays?