Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages  1 2 3 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> X-MEN: Movies/TV Series Discussion Thread, Next: Apocalypse (2018) | New TV Series! (Movies)

views

hairyLGS
post May 6 2010, 11:00 AM

Getting Started
209 posts

So Kick-Ass director will Kick-Ass the X-Men? I wonder will there be any profanity... laugh.gif
hairyLGS
post May 7 2010, 11:44 AM

Getting Started
209 posts

QUOTE(abbychan87 @ May 7 2010, 11:37 AM)
Is this a new coming movie or what?
Upcoming film yes.... icon_rolleyes.gif
hairyLGS
post Jun 18 2010, 01:51 PM

Getting Started
209 posts

Source:- http://www.beyondhollywood.com/michael-fas...en-first-class/

Michael Fassbender (of 300) to play Young Magneto in X-Men: First Class

user posted image

It’s almost official: barring any bumps in negotiations, Michael Fassbender (“Hey, that’s Michael Fassbender!”) is going to play Young Magneto in Matthew Vaughn’s upcoming “X-Men: First Class”. The film will tell the story of how Magneto, whose real name is Erik Lehnsherr, came to meet a young Charles Xavier (to be played by James McAvoy), the man who would go on to form the X-Men and become known as Professor X.

Fassbender has been in an obscene number of movies, though your average moviegoer probably will have no idea who he is because he’s never really taken center stage, and the man is something of a chameleon. For instance, he was in last year’s “Inglourious Basterds” and he’s one of the villains in the upcoming “Jonah Hex” (the tattooed guy), though most people will have no clue. A major role in “First Class” should change all that.

This post has been edited by hairyLGS: Jul 16 2010, 08:44 AM
hairyLGS
post Jul 16 2010, 08:45 AM

Getting Started
209 posts

Source:- http://www.beyondhollywood.com/jennifer-la...lasss-mystique/

user posted image

Jennifer Lawrence is X-Men First Class’s Mystique

Matthew Vaughn’s “X-Men: First Class” has cast  its young Mystique, and it’s actress Jennifer Lawrence. You probably have no idea who Lawrence it, and neither do I. IMDB says her most prominent role to date was on the short-lived “The Bill Engvall Show”, and she’s got “The Beaver” with crazy Mel Gibson coming up next, but playing Mystique in “First Class” will definitely be her biggest role to date.

Mystique was played by supermodel Rebecca Romijn in the previous three “X-Men” films
, and it was rumored Amber Heard was offered the part. Apparently that wasn’t true, or it didn’t work out, because Lawrence has been confirmed as Mystique.

Lawrence will join James McAvoy as young Professor X, Michael Fassbender as Magneto, Alice Eve as Emma Frost, and recently cast Nicholas Hoult as Hank McCoy aka Beast, and Caleb Landry Jones as Banshee.

Shooting on “First Class” is expected to start in London in the Summer.

hairyLGS
post Jul 17 2010, 10:10 AM

Getting Started
209 posts

Source:- http://www.beyondhollywood.com/is-kevin-ba...en-first-class/

Is Kevin Bacon Playing Sebastian Shaw in X-Men First Class?

Movie site Forces of Geek seems to think so, citing an unnamed source as saying that Bacon will play the mutant Sebastian Shaw, one of the leaders of the mutant secret society known as the Hellfire Club in the upcoming movie. Of course, FOG was pretty sure that Rosamund Pike was going to play Emma Frost, too, and that role went to Alice Eve. I’m not saying they’re wrong on this one, they could very well be right, but you should definitely add this to the rumor bin until the trades or the studio officially makes the announcement.

Of course, if Bacon was to be playing Sebastian Shaw, it would make a lot of sense, since Emma Frost aka The White Queen is already in the movie. In the comics, the White Queen and Shaw, the Black King, runs the Hellfire Club, who often butted heads with the X-Men. And we already know Bacon will be playing the film’s main villain. So yeah, all the pieces are there for Bacon to be playing Shaw.

With Comic Con scheduled to rev up next week, you can expect plenty of big announcements on big movies, and Kevin Bacon’s lead villain role in Matthew Vaughn’s “X-Men: First Class” would certainly qualify as a big announcement.

Vaughn will direct for FOX, with James McAvoy playing Professor X and Michael Fassbender as Magneto.

hairyLGS
post Aug 16 2010, 01:58 PM

Getting Started
209 posts

Source:- http://www.beyondhollywood.com/rose-byrne-...en-first-class/

Rose Byrne is Moira MacTaggert in X-Men: First Class

user posted image

So does this mean my fantasy of seeing Rosamund Pike in tight, form-fitting spandex fighting evil mutants has just gone out the window? Quite possibly, because the latest  word on Matthew Vaughn’s “X-Men: First Class” is that Rose Byrne is in negotiations to land the role of Moira MacTaggert, a scientist and expert on mutants and Professor X’s love interest in comic book canon.

Rose Byrne has been in everything from “Troy” to “Sunshine” to “Knowing”, and more recently has been splitting her time between the movies and cable TV on the FX Network’s critically acclaimed “Damages” TV show. In “First Class”, she’ll be acting mostly alongside James McAvoy, who is playing a younger version of Patrick Stewart’s Professor X. Olivia Williams last played the character in Brett Rather’s “X-Men: Last Stand”, a film that Vaughn nearly ended up directing.

Besides McAvoy and now Byrne, the cast of “First Class” includes Michael Fassbender as a young Magneto, Alice Eve as the White Queen, and Kevin Bacon as the film’s mysterious, as-yet unidentified heavy. Jason Flemyng was also recently cast as Nightcrawler’s dad.

Shooting on the big-budget Fox comic book movie is set to go before the cameras later this month in London.

hairyLGS
post Aug 18 2010, 02:30 PM

Getting Started
209 posts

Source:- http://www.beyondhollywood.com/x-men-first...y-jones-league/

X-Men First Class’ The White Queen is Not Out of January Jones’ League

user posted image

Despite reports that Alice Eve (“She’s Out of My League”) had all but been cast as Emma Frost aka The White Queen in Matthew Vaughn’s upcoming “X-Men: First Class”, that turned out to not be the case after all. Premature casting, perhaps.

In any case, Deadline reports that “Mad Men’s” January Jones (left) has snagged the role from Eve. Emma Frost (below, in all her minimal clothing glory) is a potentially pivotal role in the film, if rumors prove true and Kevin Bacon, long announced as the film’s main villain, turns out to be a member of the Hellfire Club, of which Frost is a main member.

Also added to the cast: Zoe Kravitz as Angel, Bill Milner as Magneto Jr., and Morgan Lily as young Raven.

Two notables here: casting Kravitz as “Angel” is interesting, because the only Angel I know from X-Men lore is the male, winged flying one. So does this mean they’ve switched up Angel’s gender? (Zoe Kravitz is the daughter of Lenny Kravitz FYI.) Also, “Young Raven” could be a younger version of Mystique, whose real name is Raven Darkhölme.

The new faces join James McAvoy as Professor X, Michael Fassbender as Magneto, Nicholas Hoult as Beast, Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique, Caleb Landry Jones as Banshee, Lucas Till as Havoc, and Edi Gathegi as Darwin.

Earlier this week, other castmembers were announced, including Rose Byrne as Moira MacTaggert, Jason Flemyng as Azazel, and Oliver Platt as an unidentified Man in Black.

Shooting on “First Class” begins next week in London.

hairyLGS
post Aug 19 2010, 09:16 AM

Getting Started
209 posts

Source:- http://www.beyondhollywood.com/alice-eve-o...-superhero-biz/

Alice Eve out of X-Men First Class, but Not the Marvel Superhero Biz

user posted image

So why did the very shapely Alice Eve get replaced on Matthew Vaughn’s “X-Men: First Class” by “Mad Men’s” equally shapely January Jones? As it turns out, it was Eve’s idea. Or at least, Eve’s and her management team’s, which is essentially the same as saying her management team convinced her she had to dump that zero and get with the hero, or something to that effect I’m sure.

CBM‘s sources within the bowels of Marvel Studios tells them that Eve asked to be released from her obligations to play Emma Frost aka the White Queen, whose character had apparently been re-written to Eve’s (aka her management team’s) dissatisfaction. And since it’s smarter to let go of an unhappy actor then to keep them around to taint the pool, Fox smartly obliged and swapped in January Jones, which, let’s face it, ain’t a bad replacement choice. Jones is quite gorgeous herself, and would easily slip into Emma Frost’s (non)costume.

But cry not for the gorgeous Alice Eve. According to CBM, the actress is being considered for Sue Storm aka The Invisible Woman in Fox’s “Fantastic Four” reboot, and has apparently already snagged a villainous role in Marvel’s epic team superhero movie “The Avengers”, where she’ll be playing a female villain “most notably featured in Thor comic story lines”. It’s apparently a minor role, but would tie in “The Avengers” with the “Thor” movie.

That last part sounds a lot like … The Enchantress?

hairyLGS
post Aug 21 2010, 12:11 PM

Getting Started
209 posts

Source:- http://www.beyondhollywood.com/bryan-singe...ub-as-villains/

Bryan Singer Confirms X-Men First Class is Silver Age, Hellfire Club as Villains

You would think a Hollywood player like Bryan Singer would have better things to do with his time on a Friday night than call up movie geeks. You know, like going to parties, having sex with supermodels, etc. Apparently not so much, and thank God, because the producer of “X-Men: First Class” put in a call to Harry Knowles over at AICN and spilled some beans about the upcoming movie.

The biggest news is that Singer confirms the villains of “First Class” will indeed be the Hellfire Club, and that Kevin Bacon will indeed be playing the Club’s leader, Sebastian Shaw, aka The Black King. I think most comic book geeks guessed this when Emma Frost aka the White Queen was added to the cast (to be played by January Jones). For whatever reason, the studio had been keeping Bacon’s role hush-hush. Well nuts to that, says Bryan Singer.

Singer also confirms that “First Class” will be a period film set in the ’60s, in the lighter, more hopeful time of JFK and MLK. It’s here that James McAvoy’s Charles Xavier will be plotting unity for humanity and mutant kind with his buddy Magneto (Michael Fassbender). As a sign of the optimism at the start of the movie, the costumes will be “comic bookish” to reflect it.

Of course, all that peace and love eventually goes out the window, eventually splitting Professor X and Magneto onto their separate ways and, one presumes, set up a darker sequel.

Essentially, “X-Men: First Class” will be a Silver Age telling of the “X-Men” universe, and will have a more global flavor. Shooting will take place in the UK and U.S., with stops in Russia and probably other countries as well.

hairyLGS
post Sep 9 2010, 08:36 AM

Getting Started
209 posts

Source:- http://www.beyondhollywood.com/january-jon...irst-class-set/

January Jones and her Fuzzy Hat on the X-Men First Class Set

The idea of January Jones as Emma Frost aka the White Queen should be something to see on the big screen. (And yes, I’m basing that almost entirely on the White Queen’s comic book outfit combined with January Jones’ natural, well, hotness.) January Jones as Emma Frost on the Buckinghamshire, England set of Matthew Vaughn’s “X-Men: First Class” is … well, it’s her on the set in ’60s era garb.

Jones co-stars with Michael Fassbender, James McAvoy, Nicholas Hoult, Kevin Bacon, Jason Flemyng, Rose Byrne, Jennifer Lawrence, Lucas Till, Zoë Kravitz, Oliver Platt, Morgan Lily, Edi Gathegi, and Caleb Landry Jones. Matthew Vaughn (“Kick Ass”) directs the film, a prequel to the “X-Men” movies.

Look for it in 2011.

user posted image

user posted image

hairyLGS
post Oct 3 2010, 12:42 AM

Getting Started
209 posts

Source:- http://www.beyondhollywood.com/x-men-first...ene-from-x-men/

X-Men: First Class Recreating The Opening Scene From X-Men

A lot of people have been wondering how Matthew Vaughn’s “X-Men: First Class” will fit in with the rest of the movies.  Bleeding Cool  reports that the opening scene of the entire series, the scene from the camp in Poland in 1944 that introduced audiences to Eric Lensherr (who of course grows up and becomes Magneto), is being recreated shot-for-shot.

Near the end of the sequence there will be a few dramatic twists, and there is also a different cast. Bill Milner, who was great in “Son of Rambow”, takes over the role of young Eric. This is a great scene, and yet one more reason to be excited for “X-Men: First Class” next year.

hairyLGS
post Oct 5 2010, 08:49 AM

Getting Started
209 posts

Source:- http://www.beyondhollywood.com/more-x-men-...ence-and-byrne/

More X-Men First Class Set Images Featuring McAvoy, Lawrence, and Byrne

user posted image

user posted image

The boys and girls of Matthew Vaughn’s “X-Men: First Class” are busy shooting the day and night away over at Oxford Universe, which is the setting for Professor X (James McAvoy) and Magneto’s (Michael Fassbender) friendship before everything went to hell in a handbasket. Also along for the ride were Rose Byrne (playing Moira McTaggert) and Jennifer Lawrence (Mystique in human form), though I’m not entirely sure what Mystique and Professor X are doing so chummy and hanging out arm-in-arms. They sure didn’t look THAT chummy in the “X-Men” movies…

“First Class” tracks the origins of a young Professor X and Magneto, and stars Michael Fassbender, January Jones, James McAvoy, Nicholas Hoult, Kevin Bacon, Jason Flemyng, Rose Byrne, Jennifer Lawrence, Lucas Till, Zoë Kravitz, Oliver Platt, Morgan Lily, Edi Gathegi, Caleb Landry Jones, and is directed by Matthew Vaughn.

The class begins June 3, 2011.

hairyLGS
post Nov 4 2010, 08:43 AM

Getting Started
209 posts

Source:- http://www.beyondhollywood.com/bryan-singe...lverine-rumors/

Bryan Singer on X-Men First Class, Wolverine Rumors

user posted image

Bryan Singer, the man who gave us “X-Men” and “X2″, and then later “Superman Returns” (a film that I seem to be the only one who liked), is now a producer on Matthew Vaughn’s “X-Men: First Class”. He was supposed to direct, but, well, it didn’t work out. But Singer is still producing, and from all appearances, it’s not just some glorified title (ala Sam Raimi’s “producing” credits).

Speaking to the Geek Files, Singer dismissed rumors of Wolverine showing up in “First Class” despite Internet rumors that had Hugh Jackman showing up on the film’s Georgia set earlier in the week:

He’s not in the movie, he’s in the Wolverine movies.

Fox themselves have confirmed that:

X-Men hasn’t started shooting in Georgia yet and if Hugh was in Georgia, it wasn’t for this movie.

Then again, studios have been known to lie. A lot. So who knows? It would be cool if he did show up, though, in a sort of surprise cameo. Then again, in this day and age of the Internet, surprises are rare.

Back to “First Class’s” storyline and Singer:

We’ve set First Class in a time when the X-Men were conceived in the early 60s, up against political events that were happening – the early civil rights movement – and we have these kinds of events at a time when the world didn’t know mutants existed.

Vaughn’s “First Class” shows up for school on June 3, 2011.

The film stars James McAvoy as Charles Xavier, Michael Fassbender as Erik Lehnsherr (Magneto), and Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique. January Jones as Emma Frost and Kevin Bacon as Sebastian Shaw are expected to make up the film’s Hellfire Club (below), also the movie’s main baddies.

hairyLGS
post May 18 2011, 04:18 PM

Getting Started
209 posts

Source:- http://www.beyondhollywood.com/x-men-first...lee-cameo-less/

X-Men First Class Will be Stan Lee Cameo-less

user posted image

Doing this movie news stuff, I usually end up knowing too much about a movie, and since movies have begun to drop little easter eggs and nuggets into their films, I usually end up reporting on them cause, well, that’s sort of my job, which means few surprises for me when I’m watching the actual movies. But I didn’t really know about Stan Lee’s cameo in “Thor”, and when I saw it, I howled. It was great. I think it was his best cameo, although I thought his appearance in “Spider-Man 2″ was pretty good, too.

All that is to say, fans of Stan Lee cameos in Marvel movies mourn, because the Man himself has confirmed that he will not be appearing in Matthew Vaughn’s upcoming “X-Men: First Class”.

Why? Stan Lee tweets that “X-Men: First Class” was “filmed too far away” for him to do his part. Which, uh, makes no sense. Um, green screen, anyone? Or, they couldn’t fly Lee over? WTF?

Anyways, at least Lee has confirmed that he’s already shot his “Captain America” and “Spider-Man” appearnaces. And just as an added bonus to myself, I’m not going to read about or report on any of his upcoming cameos so I’ll be surprised when I see them. I suggest you do the same. It’s much more fun that way, don’t you think?

Below, all of Stan Lee’s cameos in the Marvel movie universe so far:

Stan Lee's Cameo Appearances (not including Iron Man 2, Thor and upcoming Captain America: First Avenger)

This post has been edited by hairyLGS: May 18 2011, 04:20 PM
hairyLGS
post May 24 2011, 10:39 AM

Getting Started
209 posts

Source:- http://www.beyondhollywood.com/stan-lee-ta...en-first-class/

Stan Lee Talks Cameos, The Real Reason Why he Didn’t do One for X-Men First Class

user posted image

Apparently there was a Comic Con over at Dallas on the weekend and no one bothered to tell me about it. Anyways, Stan Lee took center stage at one of the panels (hosted by artist John Romita Jr.) and the subject of Lee’s cameos in the Marvel movies came up. In his usual entertaining way, Lee relates how he gets his cameos (begging and crying is apparently involved), and the real reason why he didn’t do a cameo for Matthew Vaughn’s “X-Men: First Class”.

As you’ll recall, when we reported that Lee wouldn’t have a “First Class” cameo, we got the news straight from Lee’s Twitter, and he was somewhat unclear about WHY he wasn’t doing one. As it turns out, it’s a pretty simple enough explanation: Vaughn and the guys shooting “First Class” never bothered to call up Lee to do one. Now that is just some lame ass shit on Vaughn’s part, and I’m frankly surprised.

But nevermind the limey. His American counterparts remember who Lee is, and did their part, and Lee will have cameos in “Captain America” and “The Amazing Spider-Man”, and as I recall, “The Avengers” as well. Lee actually SPOILS his “Spider-Man” cameo during the panel, but since I’ve made it my mission to avoid spoilers about Lee’s cameos from now on, I of course stopped watching just as he’s about to spoil it. I suggest you do the same to preserve the surprise.

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

hairyLGS
post Jun 3 2011, 12:32 AM

Getting Started
209 posts

Came back watching it.

Here's a reason why this Prequel works - Bryan Singer. Yes, he has a share in plotting the story and produced it even though he did not write the script, given to four other writers (includes director Matthew Vaughn). There is one thing that this movie can work and did not - either you disregard X-Men: The Last Stand (which will work for the Prequel) and if you do regard it, there is two plot holes that will not make sense that does not connect with the 3rd chapter.

Anyway - for me, in all of X-Men Trilogy and that X-Men Origins: Wolverine - I feel its the same as the rest of it all. Told pretty well and how the members were first form - the Hellfire Club, Emma Frost and everything else that goes with how Charles and Erik met. There is much energy coming from Michael Fassbender is good enough to play Magneto. I like how much he put his acting into the character and the reason that goes with it that makes him bend on revenge. James McAvoy - I was waiting for him to shave his head. laugh.gif Jennifer Lawrence playing as Mystique was pretty much there... but January Jones - I have the same feeling the way she act was how Rebecca Romijn played Mystique in the X-Men Trilogy. As for the rest of the young actors... well, they play it well.

There are two cameo appearance you will recognize:-

Other than that - I feel its another run of another X-Men films (which, I won't include X-Men: The Last Stand & X-Men Origins: Wolverine) which Bryan Singer did best in the first two trilogy. This is one movie you will definitely enjoy for sure.

On another note - no, there is no extra after credit scenes. So might as well just leave the cinema hall when the credits is rolling.

hairyLGS
post Jun 3 2011, 01:11 AM

Getting Started
209 posts

QUOTE(aiyish @ Jun 3 2011, 01:03 AM)
Sebastian Shaw is a badasss!!! BADASS i tell you!!!!!
Its Kevin Bacon... of course he's badasss biggrin.gif
hairyLGS
post Jun 3 2011, 01:52 AM

Getting Started
209 posts

QUOTE(aiyish @ Jun 3 2011, 01:33 AM)
Kevin Bacon > Sebastian Shaw > Tremors
user posted image

Classic thumbup.gif

hairyLGS
post Jun 3 2011, 11:03 AM

Getting Started
209 posts

QUOTE(skystrike @ Jun 3 2011, 10:24 AM)
now i know that magneto is jew...lulz...
In the first X-Men movie, they already shown that he is a Jew tongue.gif

Added on June 3, 2011, 11:05 am
QUOTE(Kyoyagami @ Jun 3 2011, 11:03 AM)

There is still the timeline for X-Men: The Last Stand (if you want to regard about this which I mention in my review for this post last page).

How both met Jean Grey? Charles was still... walking...

Added on June 3, 2011, 11:06 am
QUOTE(Eclipxe @ Jun 3 2011, 10:45 AM)
magneto before in red uniform=sexyyyyyyyy  drool.gif
magneto in red uniform= uncleeeeeeeeeeeee  vmad.gif
and young hairy xavier ish a playboyyyy~~ waaaaa wub.gif

nice movie  rclxms.gif  rclxms.gif

oh and it's funny when hugh jackman shoo them away.  laugh.gif
wub.gif wub.gif

Everybody laugh at the Wolverine scene laugh.gif

This post has been edited by hairyLGS: Jun 3 2011, 11:06 AM
hairyLGS
post Jun 3 2011, 11:13 AM

Getting Started
209 posts

QUOTE(Kyoyagami @ Jun 3 2011, 11:07 AM)

Which is what makes me wonder did they disregard X-Men: The Last Stand laugh.gif

Still, a good movie that stands on its own - like how we enjoy Bryan Singer's version (heck, he still is involve in First Class).

3 Pages  1 2 3 >Top

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0881sec    2.84    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 22nd February 2020 - 08:08 PM