Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

71 Pages « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » Bottom

[ Standard ] · Linear+

> X-MEN: Movies/TV Series Discussion Thread, Next: Apocalypse (2018) | New TV Series! (Movies)

views

azarimy
post Jun 2 2011, 01:33 AM

mister architect: the arrogant pr*ck
Group Icon
Elite
10,608 posts

well, it's all i ever wanted in an X-men movie.

i know very few film successfully pull off and ensemble cast. even harder when they were given quite an extensive material to work on and produce something digestible in under 2 hours. but this? this film is just THAT good.
jamesme135
post Jun 2 2011, 01:53 AM

Getting Started
51 posts

It's definitely a great, great movie..........
everything you wanted to know about Prof, Magneto, Mystique and etc..., is explained here....
Love the young cast..........
Emma Frost & Mystique... hot!!
love the brief cameos as well....

Lynixx
post Jun 2 2011, 02:47 AM

Gooner
1,695 posts

does it have extra scene after the credits?
hyperx
post Jun 2 2011, 03:05 AM

||Lunatica||
1,178 posts

i think my taste about movie totally different from u guys doh.gif
masterelr
post Jun 2 2011, 06:41 AM

Enthusiast
907 posts

QUOTE(expl0it @ Jun 2 2011, 12:43 AM)
Thought it was only out on Thursday. Where did you guys watch it? smile.gif
Sneak previews for the movie are available.

I heard that Wolverine appears for like ... 10 seconds?
Klesk
post Jun 2 2011, 11:04 AM

3,435 posts

i think the mov was just... meh! with the exception of michael fassbender and james mccavoy, the rest of the cast was god awful, to call them B-grade film actors would b an insult to B-grade films... gosh i hope that there was only prof X and Magneto in this film, that would b helluva awesome show...
Kyoyagami
post Jun 2 2011, 05:14 PM

KyoYagami-myed
Group Icon
Elite
1,838 posts

Instead of Kung Fu Chicken, this is my movie TONIGHT! YAY!
Mickey C
post Jun 2 2011, 05:17 PM

On my way
616 posts

I watched last Tuesday, 2 days before nationwide opening... X-Men First Class is awesome. First film of the new trilogy.....so must watch...

Added on June 2, 2011, 5:19 pm
QUOTE(masterelr @ Jun 2 2011, 06:41 AM)
Sneak previews for the movie are available.

I heard that Wolverine appears for like ... 10 seconds?
yes, roughly 10 sec...... and he said the F word......

This post has been edited by Mickey C: Jun 2 2011, 05:19 PM
ROCKEY
post Jun 2 2011, 05:43 PM

Getting Started
189 posts

Any special ending scene at the end of all credit again? damn Marvel love to add short scene at the end.
koolspyda
post Jun 2 2011, 06:03 PM

Getting Started
222 posts

i havent watch it yet, but my instincts tells me it's good. (haven't failed me)

soul2soul
post Jun 2 2011, 06:06 PM

To the end of suffering!
5,640 posts

6.5/10 so so only for me
stargazer_7
post Jun 2 2011, 06:08 PM

Getting Started
89 posts

Its definitely the best blockbuster movie this year so far...nice balance between action scenes/CGI and good storytelling without either overshadowing another. That makes it much better than Thor and Pirates 4. The movie deserves the merit for choosing to focus on telling a good story instead of simply creating dazzling 3D effects to rake in more money..

And I always like it when fiction is mixed with real history. I find the added touch of reality connects audiences more into the fantasy realm of the movie.\

And the references to the original X-Men movies, as well as the Wolverine cameo is just pure awesome~

FYI no post-credit scenes for this movie.. biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by stargazer_7: Jun 2 2011, 06:33 PM
jolipoli81
post Jun 2 2011, 06:10 PM

Danny
1,228 posts

QUOTE(Lynixx @ Jun 2 2011, 02:47 AM)
does it have extra scene after the credits?
no
i've waited for it anxiously but sadly, nothing
sshahar9
post Jun 2 2011, 06:15 PM

38 posts

personally, the best x-men movie so far.
storyline terrific. backdrop of real world events used to great effect.
character development superb. plot and script quite good.

the visual style was not that flashy but actually fits well with an almost period piece of the 60's?

might give a more extensive review later on. gonna watch it again.
the way this movie works is, you have to be invested in the characters. we already know who they will be in the future, so from this we can see their character arcs which preludes or are precursors to their future actions, some are triggers in themselves which pushes them whichever side they eventually turn to.

i can forgive the visual style for the great storytelling and character developments. i was expecting a slightlier dumb movie whatnot with mutant 'kids', but to go with real world events and focusing more on charles francis xavier and erik magnus lensherr was the right angle to tell the story. if you dont care for the characters to begin with, it might not be so impressive.

-----
sorry didnt double check my post, silap with the name tongue.gif

the movie is not perfect, but im pleasantly surprised... happens when you underpromise and overdeliver.
but what it lacks in style it more than makes up for with substance

This post has been edited by sshahar9: Jun 2 2011, 07:37 PM
Mickey C
post Jun 2 2011, 07:14 PM

On my way
616 posts

QUOTE(sshahar9 @ Jun 2 2011, 06:15 PM)
personally, the best x-men movie so far.

i can forgive the visual style for the great storytelling and character developments. i was expecting a slightlier dumb movie whatnot with mutant 'kids', but to go with real world events and focusing more on charles and xavier was the right angle to tell the story. if you dont care for the characters to begin with, it might not be so impressive.
Charles F. Xavier is one person... Not Charles and Xavier....
nina86
post Jun 2 2011, 09:04 PM

4 posts

bullshit. Watchmen is 10x better than this crap.
defaultname365
post Jun 2 2011, 09:05 PM

Windows® 8.1 | Xbox 360™ | PlayStation® 4
1,042 posts

Whoa... the reception is very, very positive. drool.gif Once again, did not expect this.

With a strong script, stylish direction, and powerful performances from its well-rounded cast, X-Men: First Class is a welcome return to form for the franchise.

So how is it I didn't like the "ensemble" cast... sweat.gif Anyways, critics claim it is the best X-Men film ever made. Nice way to kick Summer movies.
zergg
post Jun 2 2011, 09:07 PM

Casual
383 posts

this movie rocks..just watched few moments ago and this is the best movie for Xmen IMHO...
been an addict for an xmen series since 9 years old and this totally kills me..indepth of the character, good story line, 2hours movie doesnt feel like it.
I LOVE magneto now more than ever.. smile.gif
Shanashi
post Jun 2 2011, 10:58 PM

Getting Started
55 posts

Shit man used to rush back from school in standard 2 just to watch xmen n only now I know how prof x landed up on a wheel chair lulz
hairyLGS
post Jun 3 2011, 12:32 AM

Getting Started
209 posts

Came back watching it.

Here's a reason why this Prequel works - Bryan Singer. Yes, he has a share in plotting the story and produced it even though he did not write the script, given to four other writers (includes director Matthew Vaughn). There is one thing that this movie can work and did not - either you disregard X-Men: The Last Stand (which will work for the Prequel) and if you do regard it, there is two plot holes that will not make sense that does not connect with the 3rd chapter.

Anyway - for me, in all of X-Men Trilogy and that X-Men Origins: Wolverine - I feel its the same as the rest of it all. Told pretty well and how the members were first form - the Hellfire Club, Emma Frost and everything else that goes with how Charles and Erik met. There is much energy coming from Michael Fassbender is good enough to play Magneto. I like how much he put his acting into the character and the reason that goes with it that makes him bend on revenge. James McAvoy - I was waiting for him to shave his head. laugh.gif Jennifer Lawrence playing as Mystique was pretty much there... but January Jones - I have the same feeling the way she act was how Rebecca Romijn played Mystique in the X-Men Trilogy. As for the rest of the young actors... well, they play it well.

There are two cameo appearance you will recognize:-

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Other than that - I feel its another run of another X-Men films (which, I won't include X-Men: The Last Stand & X-Men Origins: Wolverine) which Bryan Singer did best in the first two trilogy. This is one movie you will definitely enjoy for sure.

On another note - no, there is no extra after credit scenes. So might as well just leave the cinema hall when the credits is rolling.

71 Pages « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0384sec    0.67    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 3rd July 2020 - 11:38 PM