Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

71 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> X-MEN: Movies/TV Series Discussion Thread, Next: Apocalypse (2018) | New TV Series! (Movies)

views

TSfiredauz
post Jul 29 2008, 08:54 AM, updated 5y ago

Kopitiam Official Astronaut
Group: Senior Member

Sauce: http://x-menfirstclass.com/
Fox Opening Registration for X-Men: First Class?

An interesting listing at Production Weekly caught our eye - "X-Men: First Class." Could 20th Century Fox be developing a movie based on the series written by Jeff Parker and pencilled by Roger Cruz? Or are they using the title of that comic for their proposed Young X-Men spin-off?

What makes it even more interesting is that X-MenFirstClass.com redirects to FoxMovies.com.

The "X-Men: First Class" was an eight-issue mini-series published from September of 2006 through April of 2007. As Special was also released in May of 2007 followed by a monthly series that started in 2007 with the same creative team. The comic is described as follows:

For millions of years, mankind's place on Earth was unchallenged – until five young people paved the way for a new kind of human. While students at the Xavier School for Gifted Youngsters, Cyclops, Marvel Girl, Angel, Beast and Iceman taught the world what it meant to be X-Men. These are the hidden stories of the team that laid the foundation of a mutant dynasty!

user posted image

This post has been edited by firedauz: Oct 7 2014, 09:30 AM
mukhlisz
post Jul 29 2008, 09:37 AM

Casual
Group: Junior Member

i want an X-Men by Marvel Studios! not Fox! Fox always have this amazing ability to make someone gay in the series... doh.gif
echoz
post Jul 29 2008, 12:51 PM

Getting Started

you cant help it when the previous xmen was directed by a gay director
mukhlisz
post Jul 29 2008, 02:09 PM

Casual

QUOTE(echoz @ Jul 29 2008, 12:51 PM)
you cant help it when the previous xmen was directed by a gay director

i was expecting Cyclops the leader of the X-Men to have at least a memorable presence in the series.

Superman was gay too. yeah i guess you're right.. laugh.gif
engseng
post Jul 29 2008, 05:44 PM

Silent PC enthuasist

The First Class series of comics is actually very nice... I like the light-hearted way of looking at the early days of the X-Men. I hope they can make it work.
daniel_lyw
post Jul 30 2008, 01:53 PM

Casual

i think all depends on the directors and the story line...
would not mind if actors are not popular...
hope to see some shots coming out then...

the last x-man movie sucks...coz totally not same as the comics
TSfiredauz
post Nov 19 2008, 11:52 AM

Sauce: http://www.variety.com/VR1117996099.html

Fox, Josh Schwartz mutate 'X-Men'
'Gossip Girl' creator writing 'First Class' for studio

Twentieth Century Fox is gearing up to continue its "X-Men" franchise with a younger set of mutants.

Studio has tapped "Gossip Girl" creator Josh Schwartz to write "X-Men: First Class."

Schwartz, the creator and exec producer of CW's teen sudser hit as well as Fox's youth-centric "The OC" and NBC's "Chuck," is expected to inject a next-gen sensibility into the superhero series, which has earned $1.2 billion worldwide.

Writing assignment has also included the possibility of directing the pic, but so far Schwartz has opted not to take the helm.

Lauren Shuler Donner, who produced all three "X-Men" pics, as well as next summer's "X-Men Origins: Wolverine," is producing "First Class" alongside "Mr. and Mrs. Smith" scribe Simon Kinberg.

Fox is keeping quiet on plans and declined to confirm details of the project. The studio has been considering ways to continue its successful series of "X-Men" movies after the third installment, the Brett Ratner-helmed "X-Men: The Last Stand," collected $459 million in 2006.

Fox has been leaning toward using the younger characters introduced in the previous pics in future installments -- teenagers with powers taught at the Xavier Institute for Higher Learning.

Resulting film would likely draw from elements of the Marvel comic of the same name, launched in 2006, and enlist such characters as Iceman, Rogue, Angel, Colossus, Jubilee and Shadowcat, who have appeared prominently or made cameos in prior pics.

Given Hollywood's penchant for reboots with new actors playing familiar roles, pic could also reintroduce characters. Comicbook revolves around the Cyclops, Marvel Girl, Beast, Iceman, Angel and Professor X.

Naturally, "First Class" could also result in its own series of sequels.

Pic joins other "X-Men"-related projects already in the works at the studio. Fox is actively developing a standalone "Magneto" pic, as well as considering a "Deadpool" spinoff, based on a character played by Ryan Reynolds in "Wolverine." Shuler Donner is producing "Magneto."

Regular slate of "X-Men" pics would provide Fox with a reliable series of movies that perform at the B.O. and not repeat a dismal summer sesh like the studio experienced this year.

Although Schwartz has enjoyed smallscreen success, he has yet to crack the world of film with a significant project. He wrote and is attached to direct the coming-of-age comedy "Looking for Alaska" for Paramount.

Tackling a new "X-Men" installment will likely give Schwartz instant credibility within the studio world.

TSfiredauz
post Dec 5 2008, 08:15 PM

Sauce: http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Wolverine-2...lass-11125.html

Hugh Jackman In X-Men: First Class!

Two weeks ago Fox announced they’d be launching a new X-Men related movie franchise based on Mutant students and Professor Xavier’s school. They’re calling it X-Men: First Class and it will push a fresh group of young mutant characters. To get them off on the right foot, our source says Fox plans to have Hugh Jackman show up in the film with some sort of Wolverine cameo. Makes sense. Hugh seems willing to play Wolverine wherever and whenever anyone wants him, and if you’re Fox what better way to launch a new mutant franchise then with the help of your most popular mutant X-Men character.

TSfiredauz
post Apr 23 2009, 11:01 AM

Sauce: http://scifiwire.com/2009/04/magneto-prequel-still-pos.php
What interests you about First Class as a potential franchise?

Shuler Donner: I like kids. I did produce Pretty in Pink and St. Elmo's Fire. I do like those kind of teenage movies; I really do. Part of it takes me to my roots. It's action. There seems, to me, to be more humor, or more potential for humor. I really like that idea. The relationship ... I don't want to get into what the script is about, but it provides a bit of a lighter touch to the franchise.

demio121
post Dec 17 2009, 03:44 PM

Look at all my stars!!

i have a hard time looking for this thread.

Read today that Singer will be back for First Class.

i juz don't get Signer movie. His Usual Suspect (though i have not seen it and never will) have won praise everywhere. I kinda dish X1 being a drag movie and Cyclop is too in touch with his feminine side. X2 is fine but Cyclop is still too feminine. then Singer go on to proclaim Superman Return to totally wreck the boat. Worst, Brandon Ruth look like a wuss as Clarke and Superman turn a voyuer stalking Lois Lane. Then came the little "super" boy thing....!!!

i am not hoping for anything with First Class. I even gave Wolverine Origin a miss. I have not seen the entire Wolverine movie yet, just pieces here and there.

I do hope Singer don't screw up again but i am not hoping too much.

pop quiz:
1. Cruise look like a "confused" in Valkyrie with that hair.
2. Cyclop is too feminine in X1 and X2.
3. Brandon look "confused" as Clarke and Superman turn voyuer.

question: what do they have in common?

i just hope i don't see a bunch of mutant "going" at each other.
nkw
post Dec 17 2009, 04:28 PM

I want Apocalypse to be in action, not some young mutants story "learning to control their powers, accepting themselves, live among normal peoples" shit...

TSfiredauz
post Dec 17 2009, 10:03 PM

QUOTE(demio121 @ Dec 17 2009, 03:44 PM)
pop quiz:

feminine and confused males laugh.gif

a.k.a faggot laugh.gif

QUOTE(nkw @ Dec 17 2009, 04:28 PM)
I want Apocalypse to be in action

^ FFFFUUUUUUU--

+1 notworthy.gif
trinityz
post Dec 18 2009, 11:20 AM

Casual

QUOTE(demio121 @ Dec 17 2009, 03:44 PM)
i have a hard time looking for this thread.

Read today that Singer will be back for First Class.

i juz don't get Signer movie.  His Usual Suspect (though i have not seen it and never will) have won praise everywhere.  I kinda dish X1 being a drag movie and Cyclop is too in touch with his feminine side.  X2 is fine but Cyclop is still too feminine.  then Singer go on to proclaim Superman Return to totally wreck the boat.  Worst, Brandon Ruth look like a wuss as Clarke and Superman turn a voyuer stalking Lois Lane.  Then came the little "super" boy thing....!!!

i am not hoping for anything with First Class.  I even gave Wolverine Origin a miss.  I have not seen the entire Wolverine movie yet, just pieces here and there.

I do hope Singer don't screw up again but i am not hoping too much.

pop quiz:

i just hope i don't see a bunch of mutant "going" at each other.
I hate Singer. For starters, he screwed up Superman. He didn't care about the characters at all. Superman being a deadbeat dad and a stalker and always obsessing over Lois while being extremely weakened to the point that he is helpless without his powers. Lois looking like and acting like a prepubescent teen and acting stiff. Kate Bosworth's poor acting didn't help the portrayal of Lois either. Singer didn't care about the characters at all and his vision just brought down and insulted what was already greatly established by Richard Donner in his movies. Did Superman actually throw a punch in Superman Returns?

X1 and X2 was ok but what's with the black leather SM costume? According to him ,yellow spandex won't work in big screen but look at Spider-Man, Fantastic Four or maybe even Iron Man. Colorful costume works in big screen if you know how to do it right.
Magick Cauldron
post Dec 18 2009, 11:37 AM

QUOTE(trinityz @ Dec 18 2009, 11:20 AM)
I hate Singer. For starters, he screwed up Superman. He didn't care about the characters at all. Superman being a deadbeat dad and a stalker and always obsessing over Lois while being extremely weakened to the point that he is helpless without his powers. Lois looking like and acting like a prepubescent teen and acting stiff. Kate Bosworth's poor acting didn't help the portrayal of Lois either. Singer didn't care about the characters at all and his vision just brought down and insulted what was already greatly established by Richard Donner in his movies. Did Superman actually throw a punch in Superman Returns?

X1 and X2 was ok but what's with the black leather SM costume? According to him ,yellow spandex won't work in big screen but look at Spider-Man, Fantastic Four or maybe even Iron Man. Colorful costume works in big screen if you know how to do it right.
Sounds more like Edward (Twilight) to me..
I hate superheroes in spandex, if they're male of course.
eric.tangps
post Dec 18 2009, 04:28 PM

On my way

If you really watch X1 & X2, you will notice the whole show is bruhahah over nothing much.

And Superman Return is way too boring. Should pick and choose some other Director.
paktua
post Dec 18 2009, 04:34 PM

I want Apocalypse to be in action, not some young mutants story "learning to control their powers, accepting themselves, live among normal peoples" shit...
agreed!!
Magick Cauldron
post Dec 18 2009, 05:21 PM

I sure hope they do it that way! I don't want it to look like Heroes.
Also, I'd like to see Kitty Pride's (Shadowcat) romance with Colossus.

This post has been edited by Magick Cauldron: Dec 18 2009, 05:21 PM
demio121
post Dec 19 2009, 11:48 AM

Look at all my stars!!

well, since Singer is doing First Class... yea... u better be prepared for sum puppy love.
sshahar9
post Dec 19 2009, 06:06 PM

singer sucks... big time.. very sorry to his fans and supporters but his list of latest films all sucks.

but nevertheless will reserve judgement on the movie until it comes out.
trinityz
post Dec 22 2009, 01:13 PM

Casual

QUOTE(demio121 @ Dec 19 2009, 11:48 AM)
well, since Singer is doing First Class... yea... u better be prepared for sum puppy love.
I have a feeling we're going to get a Twilight- style X-men movie.

71 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.1075sec    2.87    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 20th July 2019 - 09:45 PM