176 Pages « < 22 23 24 25 26 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> [Home Appliances] Air-con Household

views

spikey2506
post Aug 29 2010, 08:35 AM

Professional Bum
1,819 posts

I just bought an LG unit yesterday before I read this thread. Oh man, I didn't know an LG model is problematic. It was quite cheap for a 1.5HP model, so I took it. Hopefully not much problems. *sigh*
Stevectt
post Aug 29 2010, 09:31 AM

20 posts

Mit Heavy Industries vs Mit Electric air cond
any comment?
been quoted MHI 1hp RM750 / 2.5hp RM2250 (w/o installation)
or any good price shop recommend?
bob
post Aug 29 2010, 11:05 AM

* hari2mau *
1,707 posts

QUOTE(spikey2506 @ Aug 29 2010, 08:35 AM)
I just bought an LG unit yesterday before I read this thread. Oh man, I didn't know an LG model is problematic. It was quite cheap for a 1.5HP model, so I took it. Hopefully not much problems. *sigh*
i'm also use LG .. so far so good.
if all LG aircon is problematic ... then, LG can close shop already la.
sometimes, its just ur luck ..

my fren panasonic aircon also got problem ... not cool enough
Greenfingers
post Aug 29 2010, 05:49 PM

Getting Started
56 posts

Hi
I plan to install air-conditioners for the 2 backrooms (upstairs) of a double storey house which are the size of approx 10ftx 10ft and 8ftx7ft. Both room do not have airconditioner points. These are the aircon specifications that I obtained from the Senheng website:

PSN-CSC9KKH 1.0HP
Advanced + Plus
e-ion
Air purifying system
super quiet
blue fin condenser
RM 1199

PSN-CSS10KKH 1.0 HP
Inverter Technology
Advanced + Plus e-ion
Air purifyer system
super quiet
RM 1329

YORK 1.0 HP
Build in starter
super fast cooling
high energy saving

SHARP- AHA9KVC 1.0 HP
turbo cool function
LED front panel display
Roo temperature display
24 hr on/off timer
blow dry function
dry the evaporation for 10mins after the aircod is switched off.
RM 999

Hitachi - RASS10CX 1.0 HP
nano titanium filter
stainless filter
UV fresh
RM 1599

Hitachi- RASE 10CY 1.0 HP
cooling capacity
9200 BTU/h
sleep mode
reliable fuzzy logic control
DC power system
auto restart
green fin condenser
high energy efficiency

1. May I ask your opinion whether the air conditioners above are suitable and which is/are most suitable in terms of durability and efficiency? Any other recommendations? Any knowledge of whether any other shops are giving a better price? My house is in Puchong.
2. Normally, no transportation is provided and the shop will recommend the installer so that the installer will transport the air conditioner to the house. May I ask what are the necessary technical procedures on the installation that I need to check and confirm with the installer before I appoint the installer?
3. Please advise on the proper wiring and electricity connection as there is no ready air conditioner point ( I understand that there would be serious complications if the wiring is not done properly). Thank you.
omels
post Aug 29 2010, 06:29 PM

Getting Started
86 posts

QUOTE(bob @ Aug 29 2010, 11:05 AM)
i'm also use LG .. so far so good.
if all LG aircon is problematic ... then, LG can close shop already la.
sometimes, its just ur luck ..

my fren panasonic aircon also got problem ... not cool enough
yeah...i also plan wanna buy LG aircon.....price quite cheap.... rclxms.gif rclxms.gif
Kiding
post Sep 1 2010, 05:42 PM

Regular
1,063 posts

QUOTE(Greenfingers @ Aug 29 2010, 05:49 PM)
Hi
1. May I ask your opinion whether the air conditioners above are suitable and which is/are most suitable in terms of durability and efficiency? Any other recommendations? Any knowledge of whether any other shops are giving a better price? My house is in Puchong.
2. Normally, no transportation is provided and the shop will recommend the installer so that the installer will transport the air conditioner to the house. May I ask what are the necessary technical proceduresĀ  on the installation that I need to check and confirm with the installer before I appoint the installer?
3. Please advise on the proper wiring and electricity connection as there is no ready air conditioner point ( I understand that there would be serious complications if the wiring is not done properly). Thank you.
1. Your rooms are not big, so 1HP is good enough. if you intend to turn on the air con for more than 8 hours every day, and not setting temperature below 25 degree, then you should go for inverter air cond, it can save a lot in the long run. currently the hitachi inverter air cond is the most efficient one, but also is the most costly. I'm using the Hitachi air cond to cool down my master room (250 square feet), set the temperature at 26 and turn on 8-9 hours every day, it used around 2.5KWh per day, which is around 80 cents only.

2. Get the air cond from the air cond shop, they will do everything for you, and the price is cheaper than sengheng. normal installation costs RM150 to RM250, depending on inverter type or normal type.

3. The air cond shop standard installation including hacking your wall, install air cond pipes, but do a little bit conceal, if you want to have nice conceal and paint, you will need to pay extra. inverter air cond pipe is different than normal air cond, it's thicker and bigger, and also you need to check whether your existing wires can be used for high current appliance, you may need to lay another wire from the DB box for aircond.

This post has been edited by Kiding: Sep 2 2010, 02:00 PM
maxguy
post Sep 1 2010, 08:57 PM

Enthusiast
821 posts

QUOTE(Greenfingers @ Aug 29 2010, 05:49 PM)
Hi
I plan to install air-conditioners for the 2 backrooms (upstairs) of a double storey house which are the size of approx 10ftx 10ft and 8ftx7ft. Both room do not have airconditioner points. These are the aircon specifications that I obtained from the Senheng website:

2. Normally, no transportation is provided and the shop will recommend the installer so that the installer will transport the air conditioner to the house. May I ask what are the necessary technical procedures  on the installation that I need to check and confirm with the installer before I appoint the installer?
please check your message, happy shopping!
sonerin
post Sep 1 2010, 09:34 PM

Look at all my stars!!
8,690 posts

My personal opinion is inverter or not doesn't really matter if your aircond is only 1HP. Doesn't make that much different. With aircond in your house the electric cost will be average at 70 a month. Is really not that much.
Drian
post Sep 2 2010, 12:03 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,968 posts

To use inverter or not you must fulfill these three conditions or else the savings cannot cover the extra cost of an inverter aircond.

1)Use more than 8 hours a day.
2)Temperature set to 25c or higher.
3)Room sized type.

cam40729
post Sep 2 2010, 12:07 PM

Getting Started
97 posts

agreed.
dasoulz
post Sep 2 2010, 06:46 PM

Getting Started
155 posts

hi guys,

Just wondering. Will it help if i am to turn on my fan as well while the aircon is working? it should help better cooling right?
cam40729
post Sep 3 2010, 12:45 AM

Getting Started
97 posts

it will tremendously shorten the cooling period in the room, which in turn saves power and $
sonerin
post Sep 3 2010, 08:54 AM

Look at all my stars!!
8,690 posts

I really think is a bit ridiculous to keep aircond temp at 25. Why want to have aircond then.
cherroy
post Sep 3 2010, 10:14 AM

20k VIP Club
Group Icon
Staff
25,759 posts

QUOTE(sonerin @ Sep 3 2010, 08:54 AM)
I really think is a bit ridiculous to keep aircond temp at 25. Why want to have aircond then.
Actually 25C is nice, not too cool, not too hot.

You don't want to set at 20-22, then need to wear jacket in the office or room.
Drian
post Sep 3 2010, 10:50 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,968 posts

Because that is the optimum temperature.
icez
post Sep 3 2010, 11:38 AM

The Icezman Gone Cold
1,053 posts

I've got my 1.5 HP aircond powering 220sqft room with an opening and I set it at 25-26. After 1-2 hours I would already feel cold.
theoutdoorzone
post Sep 3 2010, 12:35 PM

Getting Started
73 posts

QUOTE(cherroy @ Sep 3 2010, 10:14 AM)
Actually 25C is nice, not too cool, not too hot.

You don't want to set at 20-22, then need to wear jacket in the office or room.
My aircond guy advise me to set to the lowest temp to quickly cool the room and then set to the desired temp. He says less wear and tear. Dunno whether true or not? tongue.gif
ozak
post Sep 3 2010, 12:46 PM

10k Club
All Stars
16,545 posts

Than are you setting the lowest and cover with blanket when sleep? hmm.gif
PJusa
post Sep 3 2010, 12:48 PM

Regular
1,969 posts

personally i use dry-mode with 29-28Ā° degree and fan. if you use a ceiling fan you feel cooler than it actually is and dry air has the same effect. i find that very comfy, no need to wear warm stuff and furthermore you wont get a heat-shock when you leave the house. i can recommend that smile.gif

theoutdoorzone,
this makes no sense. convential aircon is either off or full load. it will work until desired temp has been reached and then manage off/on by itself. so you gain nothing with your setup. if you have inverter, the inverter will work until temp has been reached at computer decided load and then manage temp. i dont see how setting temp to max and then stopping when desired temp has been reached makes a difference.
cherroy
post Sep 3 2010, 04:29 PM

20k VIP Club
Group Icon
Staff
25,759 posts

QUOTE(theoutdoorzone @ Sep 3 2010, 12:35 PM)
My aircond guy advise me to set to the lowest temp to quickly cool the room and then set to the desired temp. He says less wear and tear. Dunno whether true or not? tongue.gif
You set at 18 or 25, make no difference on the initial stage.
The air-cond will be running at 100% at start.
The temperature set won't affect the motor running for conventional type one. Either they are on of off only.
The temp set is for the motor or compressor to stop working.

176 Pages « < 22 23 24 25 26 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0145sec    0.25    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:40 PM