328 Pages « < 264 265 266 267 268 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> [Home Appliances] Washing Machine Household

views

halcyon27
post Jul 16 2018, 08:11 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,140 posts

QUOTE(Darth Luq @ Jul 16 2018, 07:19 AM)
I have tried using MaxKleen recently at one of those self service laundry outlet and was thinking of trying Persil too to determine which one is most suitable. Oh, and there's also one Top detergent with low suds, the packaging is green I believe.

Is every Kao Attack liquid & powder detergent suitable for FL  hmm.gif
Kao Attack work great even for FL. Can't go wrong with MK9. Persil I was told used to be good until it was bought over but I guess it's a case of Your-mileage-may-vary.
minseaman
post Jul 18 2018, 02:54 PM

Getting Started
66 posts

Hi, Im getting my first washing machine soon.

I went to a few shops & were quite satisfied with the LG WM with steam model. However my mom push Panasonic WM with net lint filter and strongly do not suggest any other modern or new type of WM (which at the market most of the latest model dont have net filters anymore).

She say Toshiba is the worst kind of WM in the market. I had read through the thread here and was wondering is there any good washing machine without lint problem? The Panasonic model she suggested, I dont really prefer because my black jacket has turned dark grey because the washing was too strong, the fabric lose its colour.

My budget is about RM3,000. I prefer TL but after reading about FL i think thats very appealing too.

Please help to advise.
Darth Luq
post Jul 19 2018, 07:28 AM

21 posts

QUOTE(minseaman @ Jul 18 2018, 02:54 PM)
Hi, Im getting my first washing machine soon.

I went to a few shops & were quite satisfied with the LG WM with steam model. However my mom push Panasonic WM with net lint filter and strongly do not suggest any other modern or new type of WM (which at the market most of the latest model dont have net filters anymore).

She say Toshiba is the worst kind of WM in the market. I had read through the thread here and was wondering is there any good washing machine without lint problem? The Panasonic model she suggested, I dont really prefer because my black jacket has turned dark grey because the washing was too strong, the fabric lose its colour.

My budget is about RM3,000. I prefer TL but after reading about FL i think thats very appealing too.
Please help to advise.
I did changed my LG TL that I've used since 2003 to also an LG FL yesterday after going through some research online.

I found that this Website rated LG WM3770HWA as one of the best FL there is out there. Even our own UTM guy confirmed it, even though I wondered if he wrote it on his own sweat.gif

To my dismay, LG WM3770HWA is not available in Malaysia. Even the LG salesperson asked me where did I got this model from. After looking around shops, I find that the FC1450S2E is not bad either, on paper at least. They also said that LG is much kinder to your clothes.

I bought my LG FC1450S2E for RM2699, so it does fit your budget. But alas it also depends on the capacity that you want. Mine is 10.5kg.

minseaman
post Jul 20 2018, 09:15 AM

Getting Started
66 posts

QUOTE(Darth Luq @ Jul 19 2018, 07:28 AM)
I did changed my LG TL that I've used since 2003 to also an LG FL yesterday after going through some research online.

I found that this Website rated LG WM3770HWA as one of the best FL there is out there. Even our own UTM guy confirmed it, even though I wondered if he wrote it on his own  sweat.gif

To my dismay, LG WM3770HWA is not available in Malaysia. Even the LG salesperson asked me where did I got this model from. After looking around shops, I find that the FC1450S2E is not bad either, on paper at least. They also said that LG is much kinder to your clothes.

I bought my LG FC1450S2E for RM2699, so it does fit your budget. But alas it also depends on the capacity that you want. Mine is 10.5kg.
Thanks! I will check this model & think about it. Need to head out & survey again.
silentz
post Jul 20 2018, 09:57 PM

Getting Started
292 posts

Hi All, I'm keen to get either 1 of this LG washer but not sure which one is better.
Hope can get any advise from u. Thx!

T2310VSAM or T2109VS2M or T2112SSAV

arju
post Jul 21 2018, 12:22 AM

Getting Started
239 posts

really toshiba worst WM in market?, i just bought one. Die d like tat haiz.
anyone with toshiba experience to share?
ju146
post Jul 27 2018, 04:17 PM

Regular
1,537 posts

QUOTE(zeefri @ May 16 2018, 03:48 PM)
You're welcome. Yes, the back of the door is still made of thick glass like any other FL. But the black tinted cover surrounding the exterior of the door is plastic. When I do hot wash especially, I can still feel how warm the plastic becomes tho.  laugh.gif

My LG FL model is FC1450S2E LG FL 10.5 KG Washing Machine
Hi, i am looking at this model too. Does the machine exhaust heat wave during drying? Planning to put this in dry kitchen
ju146
post Jul 27 2018, 05:06 PM

Regular
1,537 posts

QUOTE(Darth Luq @ Jul 19 2018, 07:28 AM)

I found that this Website rated LG WM3770HWA as one of the best FL there is out there. Even our own UTM guy confirmed it, even though I wondered if he wrote it on his own  sweat.gif

where do you get your LG FC1450S2E?
1tanmee
post Aug 1 2018, 10:12 AM

~noMNom~
970 posts

Possible to use regular detergent for front load, so long as I put lesser quantity?
Darth Luq
post Aug 2 2018, 10:08 AM

21 posts

QUOTE(ju146 @ Jul 27 2018, 05:06 PM)
where do you get your LG FC1450S2E?
In Kota Kinabalu
zeefri
post Aug 2 2018, 08:25 PM

45 posts

QUOTE(ju146 @ Jul 27 2018, 04:17 PM)
Hi, i am looking at this model too. Does the machine exhaust heat wave during drying? Planning to put this in dry kitchen
I don't really understand what you're asking. This model is a washer only. Not a washer dryer combo like FC1450H2E model. So, it doesn't dry your clothes or exhaust any heat wave whatsoever. Only the top cabinet becomes a bit warm if you're using steam function. Hope this helps.

This post has been edited by zeefri: Aug 2 2018, 08:53 PM
luthansa
post Aug 3 2018, 03:33 AM

47 posts

Hi,
Any thoughts on Hitachi FL 9KG WM BD-W90XAV
How about Hitachi after sales service?
Tq
halcyon27
post Aug 3 2018, 08:36 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,140 posts

QUOTE(luthansa @ Aug 3 2018, 03:33 AM)
Hi,
Any thoughts on Hitachi FL 9KG WM BD-W90XAV
How about Hitachi after sales service?
Tq
They're ok. Generous 2 year general warranty period and if register online, they add 6months extra. They have dedicated technicians and my experience was a door lock replaced free due to users unfamiliar with it abusing the mechanism until it can't open on the second year.

I'm using the 8kg 1600rpm myself since 2013.

This one has self clean/drum clean feature which is important for front loads as it helps reduce mould build up. Also it has active vibration control through 4 ply race ways filled with liquid that constantly counter unsafe moments that will make a washing machine walk or shake esp common when washing just floor mats or towels alone. These are not eliminated but markedly reduced but the rest no issue. Machines not equip with it will either stop with a spin error meaning washed items have to be removed before spinning again or spin with lots of rattle.

They are "quiet" in that spinning is a low pitch humming drone in contrasts to older FL that spins like a jet plane that could never take off. The WM is in front of my bedroom in a toilet plus laundry room and we leverage the finish-by delay timer such that washes are done by the time we wake up. Can hardly hear it at all when the toilet door is closed even when the bedroom door is ajar. The top can be removed if it's too be placed next to the kitchen sink.

You can filter this thread as other users have bought the Hitachi Big Drum.

This post has been edited by halcyon27: Aug 3 2018, 10:46 AM
luthansa
post Aug 3 2018, 10:53 AM

47 posts

QUOTE(halcyon27 @ Aug 3 2018, 08:36 AM)
They're ok. Generous 2 year general warranty period and if register online, they add 6months extra. They have dedicated technicians and my experience was a door lock replaced free due to users unfamiliar with it abusing the mechanism until it can't open on the second year.

I'm using the 8kg 1600rpm myself since 2013.

This one has self clean/drum clean feature which is important for front loads as it helps reduce mould build up. Also it has active vibration control through 4 ply race ways filled with liquid that constantly counter unsafe moments that will make a washing machine walk or shake esp common when washing just floor mats or towels alone. These are not eliminated but markedly reduced but the rest no issue. Machines not equip with it will either stop with a spin error meaning washed items have to be removed before spinning again or spin with lots of rattle. 

They are "quiet" in that spinning is a low pitch humming drone in contrasts to older FL that spins like a jet plane that could never take off. The WM is in front of my bedroom in a toilet plus laundry room and we leverage the finish-by delay timer such that washes are done by the time we wake up. Can hardly hear it at all when the toilet door is closed even when the bedroom door is ajar. The top can be removed if it's too be placed next to the kitchen sink.

You can filter this thread as other users have bought the Hitachi Big Drum.
Tq
Much appreciated feedback.
Already narrow down my choice to LG 10.5 FL and Hitachi Big Drum
WaSzupDupe
post Aug 3 2018, 11:55 PM

11 posts

QUOTE(zeefri @ Jul 15 2018, 01:56 PM)
Hi, yes I've been using the WM for more than 4 months like almost everyday. I would recommend the machine but I still don't like the fact that it doesn't have a clear door like European-made WM (Electrolux, Bosch etc.). It also lacks built-in lamp to help see the drum more clearly. I've few episodes of leaving small items like hand towel behind because the large drum was dark at the back. You have to rotate the drum to check. Washing and spinning performance is very good but coming from TL machine I'm still adapting to the fact that FL machine use too little water. My clothes still are drenching in water but you can't really see the water puddle in the drum unless your clothes are very little like when using speed 14 or delicate cycle which only allows few items only. My clothes are easier to dry now because the 1400rpm speed remove the majority of the moisture. One thing to note with this LG model is that if you stuff heavy items with large load in cotton cycle, the machine will automatically increase the wash cycle from the standard 1hr24min to more than 3hrs during weighing process! If you choose turbo option, the standard 59 min cycle will lengthen to around 1hr30min. I find this very annoying and to circumvent this, you must avoid stuffing the drum with too many heavy item. I'm not sure other FL models also encounter issue like this. Other gripe is that I can't really find matching LG dryer for this machine. So if you're planning to buy a matching pair you better find other brands like Electrolux.

Extra note, my current detergent now is Persil but I started with MaxKleen before and I found out MaxKleen dissolved better than Persil because MaxKleen never leave residue inside my detergent drawer like Persil. Nonetheless, both have no nice scent if you're not using any softener so I use Downy. In terms of cleaning performance, I can't really see any major differences between the two.
Thanks for your in depth review of your FL. Just wondering, do this have tub clean function. I cant find the button on the panel
zeefri
post Aug 4 2018, 07:25 AM

45 posts

QUOTE(WaSzupDupe @ Aug 3 2018, 11:55 PM)
Thanks for your in depth review of your FL. Just wondering, do this have tub clean function. I cant find the button on the panel
Yes, this machine does come with drum clean function that LG branded it as 'Tub Clean". The function is not grouped together with the wash cycle knob option like other brands but rather accessed by pressing Rinse+ and Delay End touch button simultaneously. You can check how many cycles to go before the machine needs to be cleaned using the smart ThinQ app or the machine itself will show 'TcL' code when you turn it on after the 30 cycles of wash.
zeefri
post Aug 4 2018, 07:25 AM

45 posts

On picture...

This post has been edited by zeefri: Aug 4 2018, 07:34 AM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
halcyon27
post Aug 4 2018, 08:24 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,140 posts

QUOTE(zeefri @ Aug 4 2018, 07:25 AM)
Yes, this machine does come with drum clean function that LG branded it as 'Tub Clean". The function is not grouped together with the wash cycle knob option like other brands but rather accessed by pressing Rinse+ and Delay End touch button simultaneously. You can check how many cycles to go before the machine needs to be cleaned using the smart ThinQ app or the machine itself will show 'TcL' code when you turn it on after the 30 cycles of wash.
On picture...
Wow, thanks for that revelation.
heyamazingpeople
post Aug 4 2018, 11:50 AM

Casual
319 posts

Hi guys,

Any comment on
HITACHI SF 160 washing machine?

Reliable? Cleaning good enough?
After sales service and availability of spare parts?
WaSzupDupe
post Aug 4 2018, 10:25 PM

11 posts

Thanks for your effort in explaining to me.

Went to check out this model just now, the sales told me TL can wash the cloth cleaner compare to FL. what is your opinion on this?? what make you choose FL?

328 Pages « < 264 265 266 267 268 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0220sec    0.20    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:17 PM