Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> [Home Appliances] Washing Machine (Household)

halcyon27
post Jan 3 2018, 10:31 PM

Regular
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(chaostan @ Jan 3 2018, 06:11 PM)
Thanks..Just curious on this toshiba function of the circular air intake..
It's just an inlet to draw in air for their dry function.

Just a tip before buying when considering, download the manual and to glean what it entails to operate and maintain. I include the links below. From here you can more or less see how easy it is to operate.

The ES-U106H is a holesless tub which lessens chance of mould growth and saves up to 40% water compared to their conventional top loader and prevents damage to laundry esp where in a hole tub it would snag the laundry's load fabric.

Another thing is how Sharp simplified the holesless washer since they introduced it in 1992. Many iteration are developed according to markets from the common 4 washing course to the high end 7-9 wash programs/course (with voice navigation).

Certain functions are an optional process sub-step within a wash program / course where allowed rather than a separate wash program itself:
(pre-)soak, reserve, fragrance and auto-clean.

After a washing program/course is chosen, pressing the soak function and choose how long to pre-soak (between 5min - 24 hours) the laundry items before the main wash course starts. Very major step in user convenience. Ditto with fragrance and reserve (wash completion delay). Tub auto clean can be toggled on or off which when activated washes the inner tub before the last spin/dry cycle.

Both can customise wash level with different modifiable parameters according to their features. However, the warranty on the Toshiba is quite generous.

This post has been edited by halcyon27: Jan 3 2018, 10:56 PM
michealelsie
post Jan 5 2018, 07:42 AM

Casual
Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(halcyon27 @ Jan 3 2018, 10:30 PM)
This one is a steal.
Hi, may I know why you recommend this? I’m actually looking for a FL washer within that budget, this one that you mentioned is the best in that range?

I noticed recently a promotion on LG 7000WM with direct drive tech, which claims that it is less vibration and quiet, anyone has any comment on this?

Any comment or suggestion would be greatly appreciate smile.gif
halcyon27
post Jan 5 2018, 08:05 AM

Regular

QUOTE(michealelsie @ Jan 5 2018, 07:42 AM)
Hi, may I know why you recommend this? I’m actually looking for a FL washer within that budget, this one that you mentioned is the best in that range?

I noticed recently a promotion on LG 7000WM with direct drive tech, which claims that it is less vibration and quiet, anyone has any comment on this?

Any comment or suggestion would be greatly appreciate smile.gif
8kg for 6-7kg price. It was RM1499 when I posted. Has it gone up? Apologies. More info here.

This post has been edited by halcyon27: Jan 5 2018, 08:17 AM
michealelsie
post Jan 5 2018, 10:09 AM

Casual

QUOTE(halcyon27 @ Jan 5 2018, 08:05 AM)
8kg for 6-7kg price. It was RM1499 when I posted. Has it gone up? Apologies. More info here.
oh, any other point that make you recommend this model compare to others? smile.gif
halcyon27
post Jan 5 2018, 10:19 AM

Regular

QUOTE(michealelsie @ Jan 5 2018, 10:09 AM)
oh, any other point that make you recommend this model compare to others? smile.gif
Mainly on the price point you mentioned. Elba washing machines generally is a reliable work horse. Local brand but machine Europe designed. Part supplies locally available. 15 wash programs. You can download manual and read what it has vs the one that you're looking at. If you are married and going to have or already have children, you'd wished a bigger load washer was had when you'd the chance.

This post has been edited by halcyon27: Jan 5 2018, 10:20 AM
michealelsie
post Jan 5 2018, 02:19 PM

Casual

QUOTE(halcyon27 @ Jan 5 2018, 10:19 AM)
Mainly on the price point you mentioned. Elba washing machines generally is a reliable work horse. Local brand but machine Europe designed. Part supplies locally available. 15 wash programs. You can download manual and read what it has vs the one that you're looking at. If you are married and going to have or already have children, you'd wished a bigger load washer was had when you'd the chance.
Actually the LG direct drive motor is catching my eyes. Just the problem is I don’t know if it is as reliable as how they promote since the tech still not reaching a 10 years mark yet.

8kg is nice for me 👍🏻 hope to get a FL washer that is reliable.
Oh ya, I saw Panasonic NA-128VG5 demo unit RM2.1K, this ok?
halcyon27
post Jan 5 2018, 02:36 PM

Regular

QUOTE(michealelsie @ Jan 5 2018, 02:19 PM)
Actually the LG direct drive motor is catching my eyes. Just the problem is I don’t know if it is as reliable as how they promote since the tech still not reaching a 10 years mark yet.

8kg is nice for me 👍🏻 hope to get a FL washer that is reliable.
Oh ya, I saw Panasonic NA-128VG5 demo unit RM2.1K, this ok?
Search the topic first using the keyword like Panasonic. The front load has a passive load imbalance sensorc at least for the 10kg. If it detected imbalance load, it will stop spinning and laundy items may need to be removed. This is based on dayalan86's experience on his 10kg. Not sure if the 8kg is similarly equipped. Otherwise it would be a fine machine.
chaostan
post Jan 8 2018, 12:51 AM

On my way

LG 7kg and Samsung 7kg front load..which one is better?
8sg9ft
post Jan 8 2018, 11:18 AM

blablabla

In general, which type of washing machines are more known to be more gentle on clothes? As in not prone to snagging. Front loaders or top loaders?
ozak
post Jan 8 2018, 11:27 AM

10k Club

QUOTE(8sg9ft @ Jan 8 2018, 11:18 AM)
In general, which type of washing machines are more known to be more gentle on clothes? As in not prone to snagging. Front loaders or top loaders?
Just press that "Gentle Wash" button.
sairay
post Jan 8 2018, 12:18 PM

Getting Started

I just want to share my experience of using Panasonic top loading NA-F90X4LRT model to everyone here. Bought this unit mid last year.

Previously was also using Panasonic top loading for more than 15yrs until it finally broke down. Suspected control board spoilt as I had replaced many parts throughout the 15yrs ex:typically belt and some minor stuff.

This new model I had is not very good compare to the previous old model. Below are just some of the problem I noticed which are different.

1. With heavier load, the washing machine become unstable and the tub/program cannot stable it back.
2. The auto detection aka ECONAVI is pointless. It cannot detect the loading properly and the amount of water dispense is not accurate.

Therefore, I was very disappointed with this model. I was a loyal Panasonic customer and I called up their service personnel to take a look. However, all they did was just raise the default water level detection to higher 38l for the ECONAVI mode. This only slightly improve the condition and hence water level can cover the top cloths while washing. Previously the top of the cloth didn't get wash at all as water couldn't reach it.

Worst part is when I put in slightly more cloth (not overloading), every time the tub goes into spinning mode the whole tub goes unstable and hitting the side of the WM. Therefore I can only wash 1-4kg of cloths only every time or when ever tub spinning become unstable, I have to manually stop it and even out the cloths myself and then continue the washing process.

If anyone else is having this WM model, please do help share your experience. I have given up on it and now only waiting for it to died so that I can get another one. This time probably non Panasonic.
chester999
post Jan 10 2018, 02:05 PM

Hi, any feedback on Hitachi top load wm after sales service or spare parts availability? Thanks
Career26
post Jan 14 2018, 05:27 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(halcyon27 @ Jan 2 2018, 09:21 AM)
Happy New Year career26! Wow, on the face of it, I can understand why it's a tough choice between the two. The Beko is cheaper and has blanket wash. The Sharp model is cheaper because it's a 7.5kg whereas the one in my initial recommendation was 8.2kg with a blanket wash program.

I don't know much about the Beko but from the manual, which is downloadable by keying in WTL 70019 G here, it looks impressive even stating the expected time in which the course would finish at the given load. The spin 760RPM is the similar to the Sharp's 730RPM.

The Sharp's manual is simple enough. The plus point about the Sharp is the auto clean feature which can be toggled on or off by holding down the [Water Level] button for 3 seconds. This will invoke a tub clean on the final rinse/ spin. This in addition to the Tub clean function which is greatly aided by coating the washing part with silver ions.

Washing programs is about the same except for the heavy, eco and esp blanket wash that the Beko has. Not to say the Sharp can't do it as its just a one piece cloth which you have to tweak the soaking, washing and dry cycle which the Beko neatly packaged in a button. The 7.5 and 8.2kg are the same LxW dimension but the latter is taller by 30cm and has a blanket wash program.

Researching further on the holeless tub, I would say that this is a compelling deal breaker in my opinion. It's not a new feature as it was introduced at least 12 years or more, [update:1992] going by this user's sharing here (find the specific posting by searching/finding using the keyword "holeless"). She was using the ES-S800. I find the advice of her aunt quite compelling.

Going by that, the ES-U is probably at least the fifth iteration of this product line. Previous iterations or generation model are: ES-A - 2011 higher end
ES-N (2012 4 wash programs for 7/8kg)
ES-P (Thailand also 4 wash programs)
ES-Q
ES-R
ES-S

By the looks of it, the ES-U has slimmer outer shell for the 7-8kg as well as improved the water usage per kg of laundry. If going by the gentler fabric care whilst washing, perhaps this is the one to go by having read what the user in the other forum had shared. In SG, there is an equivalent model ES-S equipped with a tempered glass top for 7.5kg/8.5kg model.
When in doubt, ask halcyon27 biggrin.gif biggrin.gif .... Thanks so much for the detailed research. After tossing up for weeks, I finally decided to go for Sharp 7.5 kg! The main factor that got me inclined more towards Sharp was its features especially the holeless tub which facilitates better fabric care. Just placed my order with Shopee 2 hours ago - RM 689.00 (inclusive of shipping) - my first WM!
halcyon27
post Jan 14 2018, 06:40 PM

Regular

QUOTE(Career26 @ Jan 14 2018, 05:27 PM)
When in doubt, ask halcyon27  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif .... Thanks so much for the detailed research. After tossing up for weeks, I finally decided to go for Sharp 7.5 kg! The main factor that got me inclined more towards Sharp was its features especially the holeless tub which facilitates better fabric care. Just placed my order with Shopee 2 hours ago - RM 689.00 (inclusive of shipping) - my first WM!
Hope it works out. Do take care to read the precautionary pages first through and through..it will save a lot of heartache later. The main TLC pointer for top loaders is strictly ensure there's no overloading in accordance to the washing course used. Plus the convenience of auxiliary functions accessible under each course except tub clean as highlighted here.

If your place is prone to sediments, silt, mud, sand, or rust then I recommend this to prolong the service life span of the washing machine.

Looking forward to your feedback about what's good or can be improved in this model.

This post has been edited by halcyon27: Jan 14 2018, 07:04 PM
faridr
post Jan 14 2018, 10:45 PM

Getting Started

Hey guys, currently looking at 7-8kg FL washing machine. Prefer beko / electrolux due to 2 years general warranty, but most shop seems to be pushing lg and samsung with all the nice function and reliability story. Didnt have good experience with korean brand appliance last time, other than samsung tv. Not sure now.

And is it worth it to pay extra 150+- for extended warranty (additional 3 years) from major retailer? Worry that they will give crappy excuses when claiming during extended warranty period.

This post has been edited by faridr: Jan 14 2018, 10:46 PM
bizprat
post Jan 15 2018, 10:43 PM

Group: Newbie

Here I found an informative article, read this line by line. Although list here contains the link of amazon India but guide is awesome. Must read once:

Best Washing Machine in India

This post has been edited by bizprat: Jan 15 2018, 10:51 PM
locozz03
post Today, 04:14 PM

Getting Started

I used to have LG FL and Samsung TL previously, both were good at the beginning of purchase, but produced a lot of noise by time and I had to service the LG FL after a year of usage (water clogged). Thus i assumed both are not as heavy duty as they claimed to be.

If you are really looking for something that is super reliable, super heavy duty and if budget is not a constraint, I highly suggest for a commercial grade washer, which is Speed Queen, and mine is AFNE9B model. Super clean, super fast, quiet, super energy and water saving and fool proof. It is made in the USA and claimed to withstand heavy load for at least 25yrs. Check it out.
halcyon27
post Today, 05:33 PM

Regular

QUOTE(locozz03 @ Jan 22 2018, 04:14 PM)
I used to have LG FL and Samsung TL previously, both were good at the beginning of purchase, but produced a lot of noise by time and I had to service the LG FL after a year of usage (water clogged). Thus i assumed both are not as heavy duty as they claimed to be.

If you are really looking for something that is super reliable, super heavy duty and if budget is not a constraint, I highly suggest for a commercial grade washer, which is Speed Queen, and mine is AFNE9B model. Super clean, super fast, quiet, super energy and water saving and fool proof. It is made in the USA and claimed to withstand heavy load for at least 25yrs. Check it out.
Is it within consumer reach budget wise?
ozak
post Today, 07:53 PM

10k Club

QUOTE(locozz03 @ Jan 22 2018, 04:14 PM)

How heavy duty in a household you are talking about ? How many cycle perday and the kg load?

How many person in a house ?

This post has been edited by ozak: Today, 07:54 PM
cenkudu
post Today, 09:33 PM

Enthusiast

my 10 years old front load electrolux is now reach its retirement age. broken spider arm and need to replace the bearing kit. Get quotation of RM 700. Not sure whether should buy new electrolux or should try other brands

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0886sec    4.45    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 22nd January 2018 - 10:32 PM