Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Looking for an amp for my Rega ELA floorstander, Audiolab/Arcam/Creek/Sudgen ?

views

TSyehlai
post Jul 31 2008, 01:14 PM

tree lover
4,492 posts

Hi guy, found another speaker looks alike Rega ELA,
tweeter, woofer and speaker body very similar to Mk1.75 and Mk2

Naim IBL
http://hifi4sale.blogspot.com/2008/07/naim-ibl-speaker.html

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image But wht is this? so big chunk

This post has been edited by yehlai: Jul 31 2008, 01:58 PM
PcWork
post Aug 3 2008, 01:45 PM

Audio Phreak
6,477 posts

QUOTE(InF.anime @ Jul 23 2008, 12:01 AM)
My uncle have one set of Rega ELA floorstand too, they are very fast and have good soundstaging, and the bass is bass-right rather than really deep. With the right amp they sound so alive with all types of music, very realistic, agile and dynamic. He told me the old style Ela Mk 1 or Mk 2 (ie pre Ela 2000), are better sounding than any new speaker under £2000 he can think of. The recent models are rather different sounding. The originals are fast, have the most fabulous treble and mid-range (vocals are wonderful) and have realistic bass rather than the artificially 'impressive' boosted mid-bass of so many modern ported speakers. They are easy to drive with a small integrated. Dom's Nait/Ela combination is a classic and you have to spend about x3-5 more to get a really significant improvement.
They will wipe the floor with a set of budget speakers, because those early ELA's are the best speaker Rega have ever made!!
tested on the speaker. i think the bass it has is just nice. and needed high current to drive it although has high sensitivity. else it will has seriously bright sounding.
paring it with SCP also a big no no.
i tested it with cable talk 4 / QED XT350.and found that cable talk 4 sound much more nicer in this speaker.
bass is ok for me as i tested it in a room where i place the speaker quite near to back wall (estimated around 30-40cm away)

QUOTE(jazzy939 @ Jul 24 2008, 05:32 PM)
Congrats on the purchase! thumbup.gif
I think the bass driver is a 'lil bit too small.. how's the bass reproduction?
more than enough for the bass. nice vocal. tend to be slightly thin for my taste. but nice on detail, and the airy feeling. super wide sound stage, but congested when a lot of information were played, like some songs where a lot of instrument were playing at same time. it sounds slightly congested. then the depth of the sound stage is not truly superior. but much better than BR2 imho.

QUOTE(yehlai @ Jul 31 2008, 01:14 PM)
Hi guy, found another speaker looks alike Rega ELA,
tweeter, woofer and speaker body very similar to Mk1.75 and Mk2

Naim IBL
http://hifi4sale.blogspot.com/2008/07/naim-ibl-speaker.html

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image But wht is this? so big chunk
that;s cross over box.

TSyehlai
post Aug 20 2008, 01:51 PM

tree lover
4,492 posts

Looking for an amp for my speaker now.
Kindly advice. Thanks!

jazzy939
post Aug 20 2008, 02:17 PM

reel is real
8,183 posts

yehlai,
what is the efficiency of your speaker? In terms of dB/W/m?
TSyehlai
post Aug 20 2008, 02:21 PM

tree lover
4,492 posts

Its too old to find any info from internet. sweat.gif
89db/100W?/8ohms?
s6xs9x
post Aug 20 2008, 04:13 PM

My Stars Not Growing?
904 posts

So found your perfect match *amp* for your Speakers yet?? wanna go see call me too .. I wanna re shortlist my options.
likchan
post Oct 16 2008, 01:08 AM

6 posts

QUOTE(s6xs9x @ Aug 20 2008, 04:13 PM)
So found your perfect match *amp* for your Speakers yet?? wanna go see call me too .. I wanna re shortlist my options.
have anyone match the Ela 2000 with Cayin A50T int tube amp???

going for this set but wabt to have some advice rclxms.gif
TSyehlai
post Oct 17 2008, 02:55 AM

tree lover
4,492 posts

QUOTE(likchan @ Oct 16 2008, 01:08 AM)
have anyone match the Ela 2000 with Cayin A50T int tube amp???

going for this set but wabt to have some advice rclxms.gif
Hi likchan. You like the Ela 2000? but i think its easier to find it in Singapore rite? i was asking quotation from there before i found my Ela MK1.
Last time a seasoned audiophiles told me this Brit speaker can match with Rega's Brio (natural choice), Naim Nait 3 or Exposure amp. Coincidently he was looking for pre Ela 2000 that time.
As you might know that Rega speaker is rather natural then warm, so tube amp can be a good choice too. Wanna try your some old Ela? There are many old Ela's fans/owner in EU still claims that Ela Mk1 and Mk1.5 are still the best in Rega Ela series, just that its not easy to find in Malaysia.

user posted image

user posted image

This post has been edited by yehlai: Oct 17 2008, 03:40 AM
likchan
post Oct 20 2008, 04:39 PM

6 posts

QUOTE(yehlai @ Oct 17 2008, 02:55 AM)
Hi likchan. You like the Ela 2000? but i think its easier to find it in Singapore rite?  i was asking quotation from there before i found my Ela MK1.
Last time a seasoned audiophiles told me this Brit speaker can match with Rega's Brio (natural choice), Naim Nait 3 or Exposure amp. Coincidently he was looking for pre Ela 2000 that time.
As you might know that Rega speaker is rather natural then warm, so tube amp can be a good choice too. Wanna try your some old Ela? There are many old Ela's fans/owner in EU still claims that Ela Mk1 and Mk1.5 are still the best in Rega Ela series, just that its not easy to find in Malaysia.

user posted image

user posted image
hi,

does any 1 have the technical information for Rega Ela 2000?? actually i am just looking for some floor stander that can place near wall and happen to find out that the Ela is possible.

i need more information before i could decide.

would appreciate any1 with the information as the internet has hardly any info. rclxub.gif

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0142sec    0.46    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:18 PM