Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Iphone 2.0 Jailbreak & Unlock is OUT !

views

frozzbyte
post Jul 20 2008, 01:13 PM

Feeling butthurt lately? Like I care
3,657 posts

Mmmm .... gonna wait for Apple to release the fix first with FW2.0.1 before upgrading. If not have to restore again after the release. One more thing that made me wait is the availability of essential apps from Installer/Cydia. Apps from AppStore are tempting but living without some of the apps from Installer/Cydia (i.e iSMS, iLog, MXTube, Docs, Summerboard, Customize etc etc) would be a bit ... errr ... boring (maybe not the best choice of word). With the new firmware (and maybe file structure or framework), i need to re-learn the system inner working so can mod and mod and mod the phone summore. biggrin.gif
frozzbyte
post Jul 20 2008, 04:11 PM

3,657 posts

iPhone1,1_2.0_5A347_Restore.ipsw

Yup ... this one for the 1st gen iPhone.

3G iPhone file would be iPhone1,2_2.0_5A347_Restore.ipsw
frozzbyte
post Jul 20 2008, 04:30 PM

3,657 posts

Yup ... its not going anywhere. But good luck to those who can't wait to upgrade. Later they can be sifu and teach us. Hehehehehehe.
frozzbyte
post Jul 20 2008, 04:52 PM

3,657 posts

@stringfellow
Aik ... u have the latest pwnage tool with u and don't dare to take the plunge? biggrin.gif

BTW ... thinking about it again, why do u need to jailbreak now since its already activated and unlocked. Not that there's lots of app in cydia to begin with.
frozzbyte
post Jul 20 2008, 05:08 PM

3,657 posts

QUOTE(stringfellow @ Jul 20 2008, 05:01 PM)
The pwnage tool is for Sevn, I'm just here as a spectator in a surgical theater. Too bad the surgery cancelled, kena beli the Firmware 2.0, since his is an iPod Touch.

I'm keeping the 3G pristine and untouched. The EDGE however, is trembling under her skirt, to see if I'm gonna update her to her 2.0 outfit, or let her keep her 1.1.4 dress. tongue.gif
Better keep the lady in her 1.1.4 outfit for now if u have apps in there that are useful. Upgrading to 2.0 now would be a waste since u already have a FW2.0 (3G sumore) iPhone. Betul tak?
frozzbyte
post Jul 20 2008, 05:25 PM

3,657 posts

Hahahaha ... isn't dat sylar from heroes?
frozzbyte
post Jul 23 2008, 08:17 PM

3,657 posts

QUOTE(hackdplanet @ Jul 23 2008, 01:02 PM)
App Store applications seem to go in /var/mobile/Applications, also the Apple Official and 3rd party community Apps are installed in  /private/var/stash/Applications.xxxxxx/on the user data partition (the large one that also holds media).

They are not stored in the root partition (500MB). So what is the point to make a larger partition for the root?
I have not upgraded to 2.0 yet but this is just a speculation. Why they make the system partition larger from 300 mb to 500 mb? Well .. just look at the 2.0 FW, its bigger than usual (250mb compare to 160mb). So to accomodate the larger FW file, they have to expand the System partition. Remember that the IPSW files are in a compress form so it needed space to decompress the system files. That is just my speculation base on my observation. I did not have the chance yet to explore the new system. And why the IPSW of FW2.0 is bigger then the previous ones? Because now it have to cater to 2 device, 1st gen iPhone and now the 3G iPhone plus all the new add-ons (push mail, exchange support, cisco vpn, remote wipe etc etc etc).

As for the applications from AppStore, it seems like they are using the media partition. /var/mobile are in the media partition. Then the Apps from Cydia are moved or place in /var/stash/Applications.xxxx(random number and letters). This is because of Cydia move script. If u have the chance, take a look in the cydia package (in zip format) and look for move.sh and one more script (i forgot the name), it will move Applications, Ringtones and Fonts to /vat/stash. This what happens when we install Cydia with 1.1.4. At first i was curious why it was like dat so i got in contact with the developer (saurik) and he said it was meant to be like dat. Now i know why, they are gearing up for FW2.0.

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0203sec    0.46    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:52 PM