Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom
Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Vector Armada Service Card, Worth or not...

loon83
post Jul 17 2008, 04:24 PM, updated 10y ago

Group: Junior Member

Just now i got one phone call from Vector Armada company, promoting their service card, so call privileged card. They claimed come with free insurrance cover up to rm100,000, discount for dining place bla bla. Then ask for my details, credit card number...

Finally, said will auto debit via credit card for RM488 to enjoy the service for whole life.... Hmmm... I said: Hold on!! Hold on!! blush.gif Then he pass him phone to his manager n explain to me again.... blink.gif

Someone get the call like this?? hmm.gif

Here the website they claimed to refer to: http://www.srivacations.com.my/index.php

This post has been edited by loon83: Jul 17 2008, 04:25 PM
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
obefiend
post Jul 17 2008, 04:33 PM

Selamat Hari Raya Aidilluminati
Group: Senior Member

if it sounds too good to be true then it probably is

+Quote Post
loon83
post Jul 17 2008, 04:41 PM

Yeah, sound like too good until feel like scam... sweat.gif

This post has been edited by loon83: Jul 17 2008, 04:41 PM
+Quote Post
dokidoki
post Jul 17 2008, 04:59 PM

I am not War machine~

i got a call from them before..then 1st i say not interested..then she keep on explaining this and that.....that time i actually driving...so i just pura pura my line no reception and then cut the call tongue.gif
+Quote Post
sharkteef
post Jul 17 2008, 05:15 PM

Not Godlike

i juz them them i dont have credit card
+Quote Post
iluvena
post Jul 17 2008, 05:23 PM

Casual

i've been cheated by them.
first they claim its free.
then later i have to pay rm400++
then i agreed.
never use their service.
just got PA insurance for 1 year
car insurans for 1 year
got voucher which u can claim
either selected resort for 3 D 2 N (accomodation only)
or 2 D 1 N at selected hotels (accomodation only)
the card got mbf countdown. but i seldom dining out. so no points collected so far.
card already expired. so dunno have to renew or not.
they claim its for lifetime membership. but when i go through their website must pay to extend membership.
dunno which one is true.

+Quote Post
loon83
post Jul 17 2008, 05:31 PM

QUOTE(iluvena @ Jul 17 2008, 05:23 PM)
i've been cheated by them.
first they claim its free.
then later i have to pay rm400++
then i agreed.
never use their service.
just got PA insurance for 1 year
car insurans for 1 year
got voucher which u can claim
either selected resort for 3 D 2 N (accomodation only)
or 2 D 1 N at selected hotels (accomodation only)
the card got mbf countdown. but i seldom dining out. so no points collected so far.
card already expired. so dunno have to renew or not.
they claim its for lifetime membership. but when i go through their website must pay to extend membership.
dunno which one is true.
I see, nice review. Thanks notworthy.gif
+Quote Post
Rusty Nail
post Jul 23 2008, 01:24 PM

Why am I still here?

holy shi-

I just got a called form them. and i'm lucky that they got a lady which heavy indonesian accent to call me. which sent alarm bells ringing.

what's even more alarming is that she even asked for my credit card expiry date for so called verification. to verify what, i'm not sure.

after exhausting her time explaining the benefits (which doesn't benefit me at all, since i don't shop at those places), i politely declined.

==added==
btw, the call is from a 016-210 XXXX
I thought that call centers would have fix line or "unknown number" shown.

-typo-

This post has been edited by Rusty Nail: Jul 23 2008, 01:36 PM
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
aeridest
post Aug 6 2008, 12:35 PM

hahahaha just got call from them.

actually few time in a year. For sure all of you have maybank credit card. Coincidence?
+Quote Post
hope2see
post Aug 8 2008, 01:44 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(aeridest @ Aug 6 2008, 12:35 PM)
hahahaha just got call from them.

actually few time in a year. For sure all of you have maybank credit card. Coincidence?
they called me twice this year. and nope, not maybank, mine is Cina India Melayu Bangladesh bank....

This post has been edited by hope2see: Aug 8 2008, 01:45 PM
+Quote Post
smeagol8007
post Aug 9 2008, 02:37 PM

Group: Newbie

QUOTE(loon83 @ Jul 17 2008, 04:24 PM)
Just now i got one phone call from Vector Armada company, promoting their service card, so call privileged card. They claimed come with free insurrance cover up to rm100,000, discount for dining place bla bla. Then ask for my details, credit card number...

Finally, said will auto debit via credit card for RM488 to enjoy the service  for whole life.... Hmmm... I said: Hold on!! Hold on!!  blush.gif  Then he pass him phone to his manager n explain to me again.... blink.gif

Someone get the call like this??  hmm.gif

Here the website they claimed to refer to: http://www.srivacations.com.my/index.php
Dude,

I received that call even before I received my credit card. A malay lady claiming that she's calling from Vector Armada company, without even introducing what is the nature of her company's business. I was hell of a shock (but not panic) of how did this lady get my phone number, my name and know that I applied a credit card.

The first time she called, I said my credit card haven't arrived. Okay, fine and she hanged up. I thought that's over. Heck, she called the second time and asked whether my card has arrived. I said yes, and she asked for my card's validity date for verification. I said I can't remember as I've just received the card and pay no attention to memorise the expired date of my card (safe once again). icon_rolleyes.gif

Oh, btw this is the number she used to call me: 019-223xxxx.

Be aware. You never know that the information you sent out to an unknown person may finance a terrorist group. Hoo-raa!

Play it safe! biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
unknown warrior
post Aug 9 2008, 02:41 PM

12 Years Member /k/ ELDER

ppl giving free money? LoL Where got such thing?
+Quote Post
smeagol8007
post Aug 9 2008, 11:09 PM

QUOTE(unknown warrior @ Aug 9 2008, 02:41 PM)
ppl giving free money? LoL Where got such thing?
Free money? hmm.gif

Osama got free money around the world. heeee... brows.gif

You got free money when u win a jackpot/lottery.

You got free money when someone bribes you with money.

You got free money when you're a head of state/country.

blek... tongue.gif
+Quote Post
mashiro
post Aug 12 2008, 01:35 PM

hello me too...

i got a call from this number 019-2268xxx promoting their service card too...
he told me he's offering this service card for visa and mastercard holder only...

ok fine.. then he asked me which bank is my credit card registered to... Ouucchh!!~ i remembered juz now he said this offer is for visa and mastercard.. so of coz he knew which bank i applied to b4 rite... now suddenly ask me which bank. somemore he know my full name.. how come!!~

then i pura2 said.... i got maybank card but not yet take it from the bank... then he said.. he will call maybank and get back to me on friday...huh!!~
+Quote Post
calvinkli
post Aug 12 2008, 01:42 PM

Getting Started

lol... i think i make the people mad ady..
1st ... get call , that time i not yet go take my credit card, so they call me few time, and i no time to take credit card, so they keep call and call.

after i receive the card, then i told them and they start explain.
then i ask where got discount place etc la.. then after i view the website, and they prove got 8000outlet got discount.

and also i ask them why i get choose,they explain , i been recommended by someone when using their card or credit card.
this is really like kena cheated cause no people know im got credit card.

and also they show that like ur car is breakdown , they say will have people come and tower ur car and got discount like rm300, but in my heart i think what if it cost u rm500 to tower.

but the most place that i not feel good is they ask my information 1st then only started to explain the benefit. then i feel not bad if i get all the benefit .

at last for confirmation, they tell me that will cost u rm488 for whole life, different with other need rm3000/ and renew rm500 per year. and the girl ask the "pengurus" to confirm with me and i keep ask some question and the pengurus start to keep explain...

i ask the pengurus issit got the website ornot , he say yes, but then he dont want to tell me that website .. then i go google myself , and i ask him why only got few shop cause just now ur girl tell me that got 8000outlet.

and then pass to another guy again..and then slowly he get mad..
the last question he ask me , "now u want sign or not?".....lolx

they talk really make me in defensive and like kena scam.
finally i decided to not sign. because they told me if not confirm today will need rm3000 for the next confirm. this is what the guy told me..

HOLD ON, the story not yet end. After 10min.. the girl call back and ask back weather i want to package or not. i told her that i already reject from that guy. she told me that what can she help me and explain to me... and i told her i need time to confirm. and the girl give me time to confirm cause i tell her i need to ask myfriend about this card worth ornot.

so i would to ask any svc member here would like to let me know more about this....?? issit really got 8000outlet.. maybe is marrybrown=100,kennyroger=300, klinik=100, we know that 8000outlet is huge.!!!

or maybe.. its a scam...

@iluvena would u like to tell us about the BUKU PANDUAN??

registered company : 604081p

HOLD on again... Omg.. now is a guy call me again .. and ask what i tak faham..
hehe.. i told him i busy right now zzz

p/s :sorry for bad english , correct me if wrong.

This post has been edited by calvinkli: Aug 12 2008, 03:52 PM
+Quote Post
smeagol8007
post Aug 12 2008, 10:07 PM

QUOTE(mashiro @ Aug 12 2008, 01:35 PM)
hello me too...

i got a call from this number 019-2268xxx promoting their service card too... 
he told me he's offering this service card for visa and mastercard holder only...

ok fine.. then he asked me which bank is my credit card registered to... Ouucchh!!~ i remembered juz now he said this offer is for visa and mastercard.. so of coz he knew which bank i applied to b4 rite... now suddenly ask me which bank. somemore he know my full name.. how come!!~

then i pura2 said.... i got maybank card but not yet take it from the bank... then he said.. he will call maybank and get back to me on friday...huh!!~
You know what... today I receive the call again, but I didn't want to answer.

Keep on bugging people, as if Vector Armada is so dire in need of money. Of course I'm not against their business, but the fact that they keep on calling is so annoying.

I'm not comfortable with their conversation of asking my card's information first. What if anyone of us tell them everything and later they hanged up, how? Aren't we being duped?

I think someone inside Maybank branch (the branch where you applied your credit card) or their credit card processing center sold our information to Vector Armada. I think this is violation against customer's privacy policy. If wasn't the people inside Maybank, who else then? hmm.gif
+Quote Post
smeagol8007
post Aug 12 2008, 10:22 PM

QUOTE(calvinkli @ Aug 12 2008, 01:42 PM)
lol... i think i make the people mad ady..
1st ... get call , that time i not yet go take my credit card, so they call me few time, and i no time to take credit card, so they keep call and call.

after i receive the card, then i told them and they start explain.
then i ask where got discount place etc la.. then after i view the website, and they prove got 8000outlet got discount.

and also i ask them why i get choose,they explain , i been recommended by someone when using their card or credit card.
this is really like kena cheated cause no people know im got credit card.

and also they show that like ur car is breakdown , they say will have people come and tower ur car and got discount like rm300, but in my heart i think what if it cost u rm500 to tower.

but the most place that i not feel good is they ask my information 1st then only started to explain the benefit. then i feel not bad if i get all the benefit .

at last for confirmation, they tell me that will cost u rm488 for whole life, different with other need rm3000/ and renew rm500 per year. and the girl ask the "pengurus" to confirm with me and i keep ask some question and the pengurus start to keep explain...

i ask the pengurus issit got the website ornot , he say yes, but then he dont want to tell me that website .. then i go google myself , and i ask him why only got few shop cause just now ur girl tell me that got 8000outlet.

and then pass to another guy again..and then slowly he get mad..
the last question he ask me , "now u want sign or not?".....lolx

they talk really make me in defensive and like kena scam.
finally i decided to not sign. because they told me if not confirm today will need rm3000 for the next confirm. this is what the guy told me..
HOLD ON, the story not yet end. After 10min.. the girl call back and ask back weather i want to package or not. i told her that i already reject from that guy. she told me that what can she help me and explain to me... and i told her i need time to confirm. and the girl give me time to confirm cause i tell her i need to ask myfriend about this card worth ornot.
so i would to ask any svc member here would like to let me know more about this....?? issit really got 8000outlet.. maybe is marrybrown=100,kennyroger=300, klinik=100, we know that 8000outlet is huge.!!!

or maybe.. its a scam...

@iluvena would u like to tell us about the BUKU PANDUAN??

registered company : 604081p

HOLD on again... Omg.. now is a guy call me again .. and ask what i tak faham..
hehe.. i told him i busy right now zzz

p/s :sorry for bad english , correct me if wrong.
Ehehehe... you really pissed that guy off ya...

8000 outlets? Wow... or 80, or 800... hihihih.. they can give any number they like, just for the sake of promoting their services & products and cheat our money.

See, first they say free (free what?). Then after telling them all your credit card information, they said RM488 for whole life. Heck!

Towing? Hmm.. better call your vehicle insurance or AAM to tow. hihihiihih...

Legally registered companies doesn't mean that they're doing their business legally. Clever businessman will legally registered their business to disguise their black side of their business from public. We never know.
+Quote Post
Rusty Nail
post Aug 12 2008, 11:06 PM

Why am I still here?

I have no qualms about telemarketing. it's their dirty tactic of asking for expiry date for so called verification purpose. that's just one step away form getting full credit card info (the 3 digit number at teh back of the card). can't blame them, the so called discount card sux anyway. whatever offered doesn't interest me at all.

i was lucky that there's no other follow up calls XD
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
smeagol8007
post Aug 14 2008, 09:34 AM

QUOTE(Rusty Nail @ Aug 12 2008, 11:06 PM)
I have no qualms about telemarketing. it's their dirty tactic of asking for expiry date for so called verification purpose. that's just one step away form getting full credit card info (the 3 digit number at teh back of the card). can't blame them, the so called discount card sux anyway. whatever offered doesn't interest me at all.

i was lucky that there's no other follow up calls XD
Well, I'm not saying that telemarketing is bad, and I recognize that it is one of the many strategies and methods in the marketing line, especially in the promotion of certain products and services.

However, I believe that most consumers feel uncomfortable when a telemarketer call-up and straight away 'digging' for their credit card or other financial information (consider this as phone phishing?). I mean, who wants to tell their personal information to a stranger, right? They (the telemarketers) should introduce their company, nature of business, and products/services that they want to promote/offer and other relevant information (fees, etc) nicely and politely at the first place. Only then they could ask the prospective customer whether they're are interested to join or not. At least the prospective customers does not feel threatened or fear as they are concern sensitive about their financial security.

Telemarketers should realize that they're talking on the phone, whereby prospective consumers cannot see their face, body language, attitude and behavior and so on of whom they are, contrasting those promoters in shops or exhibition booths. Well, I think many of us had came across news about people being cheated through the phone by all kinds of nice offers and promotions (a.k.a scam).

Anyway, it is good that consumers do a proper and intensive research beforehand about the company and their products and services before accepting any offer and giving out their financial information. Sometimes the offers are too good to be true, and luring them into traps that can have devastating impacts on their entire life.

For me, if I really want a product or services which I feel it is necessary and beneficial, I will call or approach that company or agency to know more. If I felt unsatisfied with their explanations, I can 'window shopping' for other company that offers similar products/services and worth of spending. Or else, I don't want to be duped and made unnecessary payments.

Adios! brows.gif
+Quote Post
egmano
post Aug 15 2008, 11:10 AM

I just got a called from them on 15/08/2008 and there i girl named badrisyah said am the luckiest person who has been chosen the get ths benefit

but when i asked what card its that and why its sio simple to get it, she said service card, discount card and i can get up to RM100,000.00 insurnace cover, discount up to 30% for servicing car and free whole life to use this card and so on.

again i asked her what card and your company dealing with what and u called from where, suddenly she so rude with me and tell to me not to be sombong

and she immediate hang up

normally i will asked so many ques from any service or insurance company calls which i reveiced, so that they cannot simply cheated us

btw i got the call from 016-210xx23

I thought that call centers would have fix line or "unknown number" shown.

i think we all got the calls from same person.
+Quote Post

4 Pages  1 2 3 > » 
Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0728sec    6.51    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 21st August 2017 - 04:21 PM