Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Best Secondary School in Klang Valley

views

pllx
post Oct 3 2009, 06:06 PM

Getting Started
251 posts

Haha in wms there are ppl who can speak english quite proficiently and those who can speak enough english to talk to just about anyone. The latter is likely to excel at chinese. I have to say the teachers are very dedicated in wms, particularly the upper sec add maths, phys, chem, bio, accs etc. Old mr chin waits in his office every lunch every day of the year should any student require help.
One good thing is that for a private school, our fees are relatively cheap. You get a good education (with the exception of 1 or 2 lazy ones should you be so unfortunate to have them, but they tend to teach the simple subjects like eng or mod maths. You can rest assured about the rest). But with the lower fees, you get worse facilities. Comp labs and science labs are fine, but don't expect a swimming pool, tennis court, football field etc. Even so, the sports teams are there and train outside of school smile.gif

The best? I don't know about that lol, but i have to admit that wms produces admirable results for the major examinations every year. That said, i still can't wait to leave. 2 months 1 week till SPM's OVER!! biggrin.gif

EDIT: Everything said, if i could i'd like to send my kid/s to MKIS or a similar international school (Not gis tho haha) for exposure. Compared to government schools and even my own school, wms, the exposure is very good, such as class trips to amsterdam, seasonal sports like rugby, direct exposure to the international law system should you be interested etc. I hear this from a friend who's there so if anyone could provide greater detail, please do smile.gif

This post has been edited by pllx: Oct 3 2009, 06:13 PM
pllx
post Oct 5 2009, 11:16 PM

Getting Started
251 posts

QUOTE(gnsumas @ Oct 3 2009, 09:45 PM)
True and not true.

The chinese speaking students normally fail Chinese too tongue.gif

Also, the facilities are decent, given the fees. But I don't see why the 'beloved' principal has to spend more money on things like the ICAS examinations. Honestly speaking, half the class slept without touching their papers sad.gif

IMO, international school is much better as there is more exposure.

Granted, you don't learn as much about bolehland in an international school, but if a student were to study overseas in the near future, let's just say that they can longer put 'Western influence' as a cause for everything evil in their essays tongue.gif
Do you speak chinese? I don't see how your class can sleep without touching their papers. It's not included in the fees meaning you pay for it yourselves (or with your parents' cash) and you have the heart to waste it? sweat.gif I only dislike how certain teachers here don't promote free thought in essays. Certain english teachers here have less than decent qualities as a human being. Is it me or does this seem to be a trend all over the world? It's as if they see themselves as more refined as an individual. Ironic considering how... whistling.gif Oh right, good wesleyans don't btch tongue.gif

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0184sec    0.42    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:19 PM