Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

CCRIS, CTOS, Blacklisted by Bank, Whats The different.

views

wcs2798
post Dec 30 2008, 09:41 PM

On my way
673 posts

QUOTE(b00n @ Jul 15 2008, 10:29 AM)
Your information is misleading.

CCRIS is a system created by BNM.
Every financial institution is required to submit their customer's credit conduct to this centralised system. Telco is excluded but they are plans to include all those government loans, korperasi, IPTA loans etc...but all these while just talks and rumours.
What is meant by credit conduct is mainly split into 3 major categories:
Applications:
- How many applications is being applied for the past 1 year.
- How much "line" is being applied.
Thus banks or underwriters would know how "desperate" this person is seeking for credit facilities. And out of these apps, how many is approved and rejected.

Outstanding Status
- It would show how many credit facilities one had i.e. housing loans, credit cards, OD, hire purchase etc...
- Each line would show each facilities with it's outstanding, limits and payment behavior, legal status if any.
- Under the payment behavior string, 1 would meant miss 1 payment, 2 would meant miss 2 payment.
- If it's a card with outstanding close to limit granted might not give a good impression.
- If it's like Hybz mentioned, he's always late by 2 days...the payment string might shows all 1. But since it's a consistent pattern, there's nothing to worry about. But word of advise, phone the bank up and change the billing cycle.
- Legal status would shows what legal action had been taken.
This portion is mainly for officers to judge how good is your repayment, how much "burden" once has, etc...the main evaluation criteria lies in reviewing this section.

Special Attention Status
- This would show mainly accounts that had been written off.
- Or under AKPK management.
Meaning to say if one appears under this section, sorry to say that it really leaves a bad impression.

So it's advisable to visit BNM twice or at least once a year to view your own CCRIS report.
This is to detect whether someone had misused your identity to fraud for apps also.
http://creditbureau.bnm.gov.my/index.php?ch=7&pg=10&ac=12
CTOS is an independent company which collects all legal notices published.
So happy4ever is right that they are collecting from newspaper.
Note the word "published". So they either took it from newspaper or notice board outside the court.
They never approach "first hand" to credit companies like you mentioned!
CTOS is different from CCRIS as it only reports what was published. Even inclusive of normal civil suits which doesn't really involve financial institution.
That is why CTOS is still widely used besides CCRIS as CCRIS like I mentioned above only store reports from "financial institution". Whereas if one company or one person decided to sue you for defamation, or other legal matters and are being brought up to court, it would be captured under CTOS after the legal preceding is done and legal notice is issued. CCRIS would never capture those instances.
There's another company out there quite similar to CTOS, which is known as BRIS. Just that it's more focused on corporate side.
http://www.ctos.com.my/CTOSHOME/home.htm
http://bris.com.my/html/about.html
BTW, there's no such thing as black list.
Banks or financial institution based on all the above reports to make their judgment.
One can be listed in CTOS but if it's not related or the severity is not major, there would still be no problem.
CCRIS, however everyone with credit facilities would be listed. As long as the payment behavior is consistently good than there's no problem!
just to add in,the application for credit columns only show application which is pending or approved,it wont show application that is rejected
wcs2798
post Dec 31 2008, 11:07 AM

On my way
673 posts

QUOTE(wenjie86 @ Dec 31 2008, 09:01 AM)
boon, how about the retail for 12 months free installment?

because it does not even show in credit limit, but every month will debited into the statement.

in the same time, how about the Hire Purchase Loan?

i mean, let say the Due Date is on 17th , what is the grace period to pay? 1 week? or?
u have to pay on or b4 the due date,thats for sure,no grace period unless the due date has been extended by agreement between u and the financial institution

for safety,do pay your outstanding or minimum payment(agree by both party) on or b4 due date.then it should be show up 0 on your credit report.

above statement may be vary depend on the financial institution on their own credit rating,do check with the respective financial institution

This post has been edited by wcs2798: Dec 31 2008, 11:14 AM
wcs2798
post Jan 3 2009, 12:40 PM

On my way
673 posts

QUOTE(wenjie86 @ Jan 3 2009, 12:17 PM)
oic.. 1 make 2 payment every month..

let say de due is on 17.. i make payment on 11 and 28

how does the credit rating show?
as long the amount u pay on 11 is at least the minimum payment then should be fine

if u dint pay at least minimum payment on 11,even u pay the balance on 28,it will still consider late payment and is bad for your rating
wcs2798
post Jan 3 2009, 05:25 PM

On my way
673 posts

QUOTE(wenjie86 @ Jan 3 2009, 05:17 PM)
what u all mention is about Credit card, right?

but i pay CC no problem.. only car loan, the hire purchase..

because i pay before due date and after due date.. 1 months i pay 2 times..

i wonder how my credit rating show?
then i would suggest u to pay a visit to bank negara and get your ccris report and get assistant from the officer at there

QUOTE(ed0gawa @ Jan 3 2009, 04:48 PM)
Let's say you just got the facilities today.
Next month 27th is the first time for you to serve the payment, but your salary are only credited on 28th.
Thus u only pay on 28th and repeat the same thing every month.

Your CCRIS will show that you are late for every month, but this is actually fine. Although you are late, but you are actually constantly serving the payment.
if in this situation,your credit report will be in big trouble.

another thing u all have to pay attention,even your current balance only rm0.01,u still have to pay it b4 due date

can some1 clarify it?

This post has been edited by wcs2798: Jan 3 2009, 05:37 PM
wcs2798
post Jan 4 2009, 09:05 PM

On my way
673 posts

QUOTE(SeLrAhC @ Jan 4 2009, 09:01 PM)
any1 knows how i can check my credit status? in the states, we can check by using those agencies' website.. but how about msia?
just visit to bank negara and pass the ic to the officer,scan your thumb print,done.
after that if u dint understand the report,just ask from officer which is free there
wcs2798
post Oct 28 2009, 12:34 PM

On my way
673 posts

QUOTE(Eng_Tat @ Oct 28 2009, 10:40 AM)
boon do i need to pay $$ to extract ccris? also for the pass 3 month i miss by fewdays my payment (i think so), so it will show 111, i only owe cc about 22% of limit and house loan, but the house loan got no due date one since its od facilities.
FOC,just show your ic and scan your thumb print

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0603sec    0.79    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:57 PM