Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Please provide proper description when you report a post. Report button abuse will earn you an automatic warn + suspension.
46 Pages « < 18 19 20 21 22 > »  
RSS feedBump TopicReply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> CCRIS, CTOS, Blacklisted by Bank, Whats The different.

jeebjeeb
post Oct 12 2011, 10:59 PM

Group: New Member

people i need some serious advice...similar to many stories/examples, i have outstanding CC debt with 3 banks..total abt 18k.....didnt realise it until recently when i return to msia....called up banks to check and was told no payment in the past 2 years...not even min payment....now i need to get a housing loan. My questions:
1) Im pretty sure my record will be charcoal black in citris....what abt ctos?

2) Did some research, was told i 'might' be able to get a loan frm mbsb. I'll be going to retrieve my cicris n ctos record.....my concern is....will 18k go into ctos? cos i was told mbsb will check ctos....but will they check cicris?

3) In the application form there's a column to declare outstanding debt with other banks.....should i declare or not? Since if they dont check cicris and if...IF im clean in ctos

4) Any other co-op/financial institution will approve my loan? Heard that bank islam is not so strict?

Im currently earning fix salary of 10k a mth with no other loan/financial committment other than the 18k outstanding.

Appreciate any advice. Thanks.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
teoanne
post Oct 12 2011, 11:08 PM

Casual
Group: Junior Member

based on what you are earning, you can pay off the credit card debt in no time. that should be your first priority

QUOTE(jeebjeeb @ Oct 12 2011, 10:59 PM)
people i need some serious advice...similar to many stories/examples, i have outstanding CC debt with 3 banks..total abt 18k.....didnt realise it until recently when i return to msia....called up banks to check and was told no payment in the past 2 years...not even min payment....now i need to get a housing loan. My questions:
1) Im pretty sure my record will be charcoal black in citris....what abt ctos?

2) Did some research, was told i 'might' be able to get a loan frm mbsb. I'll be going to retrieve my cicris n ctos record.....my concern is....will 18k go into ctos? cos i was told mbsb will check ctos....but will they check cicris?

3) In the application form there's a column to declare outstanding debt with other banks.....should i declare or not? Since if they dont check cicris and if...IF im clean in ctos

4) Any other co-op/financial institution will approve my loan? Heard that bank islam is not so strict?

Im currently earning fix salary of 10k a mth with no other loan/financial committment other than the 18k outstanding.

Appreciate any advice. Thanks.
+Quote Post
wh0cares
post Oct 12 2011, 11:32 PM

Casual

if late payment less than 1 month, the CCRIS record will still show 0 ?
+Quote Post
digitalz
post Oct 13 2011, 09:28 AM

Not Bad Lah~
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(oldpistol @ Oct 12 2011, 06:40 PM)
of coz i have...
Good, show them all the docs that they want to see and after they check everything, it'll be easier for you to get your CC.

FYI, the current min wage to apply a CC is RM2k per month. Some banks only give the the credit amount of the double of your salary as there are too many bankrupt cases because of CC. Those with a pay of 3k above will get a bigger credit limit. That's the latest info I got from my friend in the banking field.

Another alternative is if you have FD, you can try linking the CC with your FD is its a bigger amount.

This post has been edited by digitalz: Oct 13 2011, 09:31 AM
+Quote Post
oldpistol
post Oct 13 2011, 06:26 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(digitalz @ Oct 13 2011, 09:28 AM)
Good, show them all the docs that they want to see and after they check everything, it'll be easier for you to get your CC.

FYI, the current min wage to apply a CC is RM2k per month. Some banks only give the the credit amount of the double of your salary as there are too many bankrupt cases because of CC. Those with a pay of 3k above will get a bigger credit limit. That's the latest info I got from my friend in the banking field.

Another alternative is if you have FD, you can try linking the CC with your FD is its a bigger amount.
hmm.. any suggestion for 'friendly' bank to apply? tongue.gif
+Quote Post
jeebjeeb
post Oct 13 2011, 07:21 PM

Yes i shd be able to clear all within 6 mths, but found a house below value which i wanted to take up the offer immediately....of course the straight forward way is to clear all 1st b4 looking for a house...but then i would've missed out on a good deal.....sigh....anyway thanks for your reply
+Quote Post
digitalz
post Oct 13 2011, 07:44 PM

Not Bad Lah~

QUOTE(oldpistol @ Oct 13 2011, 06:26 PM)
hmm.. any suggestion for 'friendly' bank to apply?  tongue.gif
Lol. This 1 I cannot really help you. This you have to find for yourself as opinions would vary. Some say this bank good, some say this bank bad. Good luck!
+Quote Post
oldpistol
post Oct 14 2011, 10:10 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(digitalz @ Oct 13 2011, 07:44 PM)
Lol. This 1 I cannot really help you. This you have to find for yourself as opinions would vary. Some say this bank good, some say this bank bad. Good luck!
haha. Hong Leong Bank declined my application.. Maybe my name not 'clear' enuf to apply any CC. Nvm.. thanks for reply.
+Quote Post
kingkong999
post Oct 27 2011, 03:59 PM

Getting Started

lets say i already participate in etiqa taqaful program. paying monthly MYR 300 for it. but i already stop paying it. last year i guess. jus pay it for 3 month and stop it. so how now? can i make any personal loan? or do i need to clear the debt? is it even considered as debt for god sake? its a 300/month for 30 years. how?
+Quote Post
yong417
post Oct 27 2011, 08:38 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(kingkong999 @ Oct 27 2011, 03:59 PM)
lets say i already participate in etiqa taqaful program. paying monthly MYR 300 for it. but i already stop paying it. last year i guess. jus pay it for 3 month and stop it. so how now? can i make any personal loan? or do i need to clear the debt? is it even considered as debt for god sake? its a 300/month for 30 years. how?
1 ) taqaful (aka takaful) is insurance, to be precise, it's an islamic insurance...the rm300 u pay monthly is called 'contribution', i.e. more commonly known as insurance premium...if u stop paying, the worst case scenario, ur insurance coverage will not in force (i.e. terminated), that is, anything happens to u, u are not allow to claim...

2) stop paying insurance premium has nth to do with applying loans (any type of loans la...personal, housing, hp, cc, etc...), and insurance premium (or "contribution" in takaful term) is not a debt...

hope this helps.... smile.gif cool.gif

This post has been edited by yong417: Oct 27 2011, 08:38 PM
+Quote Post
finch!
post Oct 28 2011, 02:39 PM

Getting Started

If blacklisted in Telcos (I have 2, maxis and u mobile), and it reflected in CTOS records right? Does it affect future loan approval(s) that I might apply? Cause I’ve applied CC from 2 banks, both rejected (CIMB & MAYBANK).
+Quote Post
leongal
post Nov 5 2011, 08:08 PM

~I have a new mission in life~

if blacklisted by CCRIS and CTOS, still can apply supplementary credit card? anyone know?

also, can they have debit cards? thanks

This post has been edited by leongal: Nov 5 2011, 10:35 PM
+Quote Post
luvimp
post Nov 21 2011, 12:20 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(leongal @ Nov 5 2011, 08:08 PM)
if blacklisted by CCRIS and CTOS, still can apply supplementary credit card? anyone know?

also, can they have debit cards? thanks
Yes, u can apply for supp card and debit card.
Supp card basically dont need to pay anything and all liabilities on the principal cardholder.
Debit card is direct debit from your bank account so there is no risk involved.

Added on November 21, 2011, 12:24 pm
QUOTE(finch! @ Oct 28 2011, 02:39 PM)
If blacklisted in Telcos (I have 2, maxis and u mobile), and it reflected in CTOS records right? Does it affect future loan approval(s) that I might apply? Cause I’ve applied CC from 2 banks, both rejected (CIMB & MAYBANK).
Blacklisted by Telcos usually not shown in CCRIS (except u owe them for more than RM25k).
However, it might shown in CTOS.
If you are at border line (stuck can or cannot type of case) then most probably bank wont take the risk.
Especially if its your 1st CC then more difficult.

This post has been edited by luvimp: Nov 21 2011, 12:24 PM
+Quote Post
curious_furious
post Nov 21 2011, 04:10 PM

Hi,

I would just like to check. I defaulted on my credit card payment for HSBC as i was young and naive back then and took on too much over my head. I settled of my entire outstanding balance in one go over 2 yrs ago. Would this be captured in CTOS and CCRIS?

Also when i was attached to a certain telco company recently, my IC was misused and i found out that there have been several lines registered to unknown ppl with my IC details and i am being sent lawyer letters for this. Is this also captured in CCRIS and CTOS?

Can CCRIS be cleared out after a certain period of no loan / credit card etc?

I am rather worried and confused. I want to start on a clean slate as i have learnt my lesson but there is a nagging feeling in the back of my head that this will haunt my records forever. sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif
+Quote Post
luvimp
post Nov 22 2011, 02:28 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(curious_furious @ Nov 21 2011, 04:10 PM)
Hi,

I would just like to check. I defaulted on my credit card payment for HSBC as i was young and naive back then and took on too much over my head. I settled of my entire outstanding balance in one go over 2 yrs ago. Would this be captured in CTOS and CCRIS?

Also when i was attached to a certain telco company recently, my IC was misused and i found out that there have been several lines registered to unknown ppl with my IC details and i am being sent lawyer letters for this. Is this also captured in CCRIS and CTOS?

Can CCRIS be cleared out after a certain period of no loan / credit card etc?

I am rather worried and confused. I want to start on a clean slate as i have learnt my lesson but there is a nagging feeling in the back of my head that this will haunt my records forever.  sad.gif  sad.gif  sad.gif
Your records of default will be in the CCRIS and CTOS.
Even cases from year 1990s still shown in the record up until today.
However, if as u said that u hav settled all of it 2 years ago then it will also be shown in the system.
Therefore, it should be ok to apply for credits again.
However, u said that u hav issues with Telco default too.
Which i believe it will also be shown in the system.
May i know when was it happened and is it settled?
+Quote Post
b00n
post Nov 22 2011, 02:32 PM

delusional
Group Icon
Group: Staff

Missed payment from other institution other that then financial institution will not be captured in CCRIS.
+Quote Post
curious_furious
post Nov 22 2011, 06:05 PM

QUOTE(luvimp @ Nov 22 2011, 02:28 PM)
However, if as u said that u hav settled all of it 2 years ago then it will also be shown in the system.
The defaulted payment for telco is not my fault. My IC was misused and the lines never belonged to me. Up to date the telco has not cleared the case out which is frustrating esp when ur trying to avoid such issues to keep a clean slate. This happened about 3 yrs ago and still unsettled because i refuse to pay for something that is not mine.

Added on November 22, 2011, 6:08 pm
QUOTE(luvimp @ Nov 22 2011, 02:28 PM)
I actually dont want to apply for credit cards. I rather pay cash if i want to buy something. But my concern is if i need to get a housing loan or car loan..as of now i never bought a car or house due to this..worried that it will get rejected.. cry.gif

This post has been edited by curious_furious: Nov 22 2011, 06:08 PM
+Quote Post
luvimp
post Nov 23 2011, 05:06 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(curious_furious @ Nov 22 2011, 06:05 PM)
The defaulted payment for telco is not my fault. My IC was misused and the lines never belonged to me. Up to date the telco has not cleared the case out which is frustrating esp when ur trying to avoid such issues to keep a clean slate. This happened about 3 yrs ago and still unsettled because i refuse to pay for something that is not mine.

Added on November 22, 2011, 6:08 pm
I actually dont want to apply for credit cards. I rather pay cash if i want to buy something. But my concern is if i need to get a housing loan or car loan..as of now i never bought a car or house due to this..worried that it will get rejected.. cry.gif
Yes, i know it is not your fault but it wont be shown in the CTOS that way.
They will just know that u have defaulted Telco payment.
So it wont look good for your records.

Surely it is fine to use cash compare with credit card.
But i can tell u that someone without a credit card before taking loan for housing loan or car loan comparing with someone who has credit card.
There have a big different.
When a bank run CCRIS and your record of banking facilities granted is 0 and u applying for full loan of housing or car loan, it will be difficult.
Because u dont have a track record for them to analyse.
Most probably they will finance u lower margin.

+Quote Post
curious_furious
post Nov 23 2011, 05:19 PM

QUOTE(luvimp @ Nov 23 2011, 05:06 PM)
Yes, i know it is not your fault but it wont be shown in the CTOS that way.
They will just know that u have defaulted Telco payment.
So it wont look good for your records.

Surely it is fine to use cash compare with credit card.
But i can tell u that someone without a credit card before taking loan for housing loan or car loan comparing with someone who has credit card.
There have a big different.
When a bank run CCRIS and your record of banking facilities granted is 0 and u applying for full loan of housing or car loan, it will be difficult.
Because u dont have a track record for them to analyse.
Most probably they will finance u lower margin.
Then its rather unfair..because my IC was misused..any suggestion on how to clear it from CTOS? May i know how you know all this if you dont mind me asking?
+Quote Post
luvimp
post Nov 24 2011, 12:58 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(curious_furious @ Nov 23 2011, 05:19 PM)
Then its rather unfair..because my IC was misused..any suggestion on how to clear it from CTOS? May i know how you know all this if you dont mind me asking?
Yes, its unfair but banks trust the CCRIS and CTOS more than our talking.
The banks dont know u and only way to understand the customer is through the systems.
I think u should look into the telco fraud issue and get the telco either waive the amount or find a way to settle it.
Once u have the settlement letter then it will much better to apply for loans.

I work at credit risk assessment industry which involved everything mentioned here daily.
+Quote Post

46 Pages « < 18 19 20 21 22 > » 
Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0619sec    1.10    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 05:27 PM