Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Im 29 and do not have SPM Cert ... Help!, How to get it ... where?

views

TSjacek
post Jul 10 2008, 10:10 AM, updated 16y ago

Getting Started
99 posts

Hi all, Im currently looking for a career change and my potential new company requested for my SPM certificate. Well, I did take the SPM exam in 95 but upon getting my results, I didnt bother to collect my SPM cert as I done very badly...and head straight to work for couple of years before went to college.

Im just wondering if I want to collect my SPM cert after 13yrs, what should I do?

Anyone experience this before or any idea how to go with it?

Thx all in advance.

Added on July 10, 2008, 10:11 amFYI, I do have degree but somehow, due to my potential new company policy, all interview candidates must provide SPM certificate.

This post has been edited by jacek: Jul 10 2008, 10:11 AM
n_n
post Jul 10 2008, 10:12 AM

Casual
385 posts

hmm....maybe you should check with your previous school? usually they will still keep it d
maelzx
post Jul 10 2008, 10:19 AM

isha.my
860 posts

i think last time ... i did ask the school, they will keep the spm cert for 5 years (or so) and after that they'll keep it at jabatan pelajaran negeri (state education department ?? lol ...). but first call and ask your school first! confirm with them!

and another thing is .. my friend face almost the same situation as you... but he failed his BM or something. so dont want to show it. he manage to make his employer to accept his diploma and degree without the spm cert. he still working there now smile.gif
TSjacek
post Jul 10 2008, 10:25 AM

Getting Started
99 posts

QUOTE(maelzx @ Jul 10 2008, 10:19 AM)
i think last time ... i did ask the school, they will keep the spm cert for 5 years (or so) and after that they'll keep it at jabatan pelajaran negeri (state education department ?? lol ...). but first call and ask your school first! confirm with them!

and another thing is .. my friend face almost the same situation as you... but he failed his BM or something. so dont want to show it. he manage to make his employer to accept his diploma and degree without  the spm cert. he still working there now smile.gif
thanks for the advise.
actually even my current company or past MNC companies, they didnt bother to look at my SPM. only this particular company look into it... Darn.

guess i have to go back to my old school ... hmm, JPN is 1 of the place which I try to avoid haha.

Monya Meow Meow
post Jul 10 2008, 10:41 AM

100% Tiffanyfied
2,222 posts

Wow 13 years !
That's a pretty long time man.
Hopefully they still keep a record of it, good luck biggrin.gif
moniqee
post Jul 10 2008, 02:41 PM

Look at all my stars!!
7,860 posts

but if u still have ur SPM result SLIP then i think u can use it instead of the SPM cert... since it's the same anyway
limchee
post Jul 10 2008, 03:05 PM

Sien
1,742 posts

lol i lost my PMR cert... screw
khairolnizam
post Jul 10 2008, 03:07 PM

ouh.. ok..
1,153 posts

@limcheePMR cert is of no value compared to SPM cert.. so.. ur not screwed..

Added on July 10, 2008, 3:08 pm@TS..

if the school didnt keep ur SPM cert.. u can always go to jabatan pendidikan n request for a new copy of ur cert.. they shud be able to do that..

This post has been edited by khairolnizam: Jul 10 2008, 03:09 PM
limchee
post Jul 10 2008, 03:18 PM

Sien
1,742 posts

QUOTE(khairolnizam @ Jul 10 2008, 03:07 PM)
@limcheePMR cert is of no value compared to SPM cert.. so.. ur not screwed..
ya i understand.... but i juz felt incomplete in my certificate file nia
but most important is my degree
xavi5567
post Jul 10 2008, 04:08 PM

\(●'Å'●)/
3,347 posts

can retrieve at menteri pelajaran but hav to pay 25-50 if i not mistaken
azarimy
post Jul 10 2008, 04:13 PM

mister architect: the arrogant pr*ck
Group Icon
Elite
10,668 posts

jabatan pendidikan negeri or kementerian pelajaran malaysia DO NOT hold ur SPM certificates. lets be clear on this one. but all is not lost biggrin.gif.

the certificate is kept by lembaga peperiksaan malaysia. u can request a new certificate from them easily. here's the direct link to the webpage on requesting ur SPM certificate.

This post has been edited by azarimy: Jul 10 2008, 04:15 PM
TSjacek
post Jul 10 2008, 04:52 PM

Getting Started
99 posts

QUOTE(azarimy @ Jul 10 2008, 04:13 PM)
jabatan pendidikan negeri or kementerian pelajaran malaysia DO NOT hold ur SPM certificates. lets be clear on this one. but all is not lost biggrin.gif.

the certificate is kept by lembaga peperiksaan malaysia. u can request a new certificate from them easily. here's the direct link to the webpage on requesting ur SPM certificate.
this is very useful link and appreciate your help.
TQ very much!! rclxms.gif drool.gif

wish me luck to retrieve back my SPM cert haha....remind me of my bad results...SAP was the result if u all are curious brows.gif

asusfreak
post Jul 10 2008, 04:55 PM

LiFeS a GaMbLe
862 posts

ucan go to pjbt pendidikan...ull have to pay...tts what i did when i lost mine...
azarimy
post Jul 10 2008, 05:19 PM

Group Icon
Elite
10,668 posts

QUOTE(jacek @ Jul 10 2008, 08:52 AM)
this is very useful link and appreciate your help.
TQ very much!!  rclxms.gif  drool.gif

wish me luck to retrieve back my SPM cert haha....remind me of my bad results...SAP was the result if u all are curious  brows.gif
do tell us when u got the certificates back. also from the same website, i found that u can request an english translated SPM certificate. might as well u just go and get it there. it's original, so easier to apply for MNCs or even foreign jobs biggrin.gif.
iluvena
post Jul 10 2008, 05:39 PM

Casual
425 posts

QUOTE(jacek @ Jul 10 2008, 10:25 AM)
thanks for the advise.
actually even my current company or past MNC companies, they didnt bother to look at my SPM. only this particular company look into it... Darn.

guess i have to go back to my old school ... hmm, JPN is 1 of the place which I try to avoid haha.
the only reason that they ask for SPM cert is because they don't want to be cheated by future employer.
i do have a friend who make@buy a fake@real degree from an institution.
he manage to get a job with the degree and end up being a manager..
of course he had a hard time. he even did not know anything when he start his first career.
lucky him coz he manage to learn before his boss began doubting on him.

This post has been edited by iluvena: Jul 10 2008, 05:40 PM
solstice818
post Jul 10 2008, 09:24 PM

You'll Never Walk Alone
4,396 posts

I thought u can directly take it in ur secondary sch?
No?
azarimy
post Jul 10 2008, 10:56 PM

Group Icon
Elite
10,668 posts

jacek, rereading the original post and the link to the LPM website, i stumbled upon an issue. at the bottom of the website, it states:

*  Calon yang tidak pernah mengambil sijil asal tidak dibenarkan membuat permohonan salinan keputusan peperiksaan.
* Lembaga Peperiksaan tidak menyimpan sijil asal calon.  Sijil asal boleh didapatkan daripada sekolah di mana calon menduduki peperiksaan atau di Unit Penilaian dan Peperiksaan Jabatan Pelajaran Negeri.
since u never picked up ur certificate, it might be in school or JPN.
nokia2003
post Jul 11 2008, 03:24 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,786 posts

did mine as well. drove to putrajaya to summit the application (if not, you can do it via post but requires a police report and an oath i think) and of course a postal order.

took them about 4 weeks to process and delivered to my doorstep. any questions? be sure to pm me! will try my best to help!

Added on July 11, 2008, 3:25 amand of course, the lady in the department told me that, it will be way easier and faster to process your application if you have your photocopied examination slip or actual certificate.

This post has been edited by nokia2003: Jul 11 2008, 03:25 AM
carloompunk
post Jul 11 2008, 03:42 AM

along
1,227 posts

u need to angkat sumpah n make police report if im not mistaken..
kuntaker
post Jul 11 2008, 08:28 AM

React!
1,008 posts

ur school should have it lo...
when i go take , i saw some 1990 also got le..^^
Demonic Wrath
post Jul 11 2008, 08:32 AM

My name so cool
1,666 posts

Retake your SPM biggrin.gif

Anyway, the school might have it. But the chance are slim though.
TSjacek
post Jul 11 2008, 08:33 AM

Getting Started
99 posts

tried to call them ytrday but no one pick up the call. guess have to try again. yes, i noticed that i might be able to get it from my school directly; as stated in the web, since i have not collected my original cert before, it might be still with my previous school or JPN.

actually im oredi started my career in MNC for 8yrs, and currently looking for better career advancement and better offer, somehow this particular company required SPM cert ... i wonder why. i have degree and strong working background.

anyway, will keep you all posted on the updates, hopefully this thread might the others, who face the similar problem.

thanks all for the advise and reply...really appreciate it.
nokia2003
post Jul 12 2008, 01:27 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,786 posts

QUOTE(jacek @ Jul 11 2008, 08:33 AM)
tried to call them ytrday but no one pick up the call. guess have to try again. yes, i noticed that i might be able to get it from my school directly; as stated in the web, since i have not collected my original cert before, it might be still with my previous school or JPN.

actually im oredi started my career in MNC for 8yrs, and currently looking for better career advancement and better offer, somehow this particular company required SPM cert ... i wonder why. i have degree and strong working background.

anyway, will keep you all posted on the updates, hopefully this thread might the others, who face the similar problem.

thanks all for the advise and reply...really appreciate it.
again, like i have said in my previous pm to you and to the rest of the crew here; it will be easier if you drive all the way to putrajaya (if its feasible for you) alongside with the necessary postal order.

saves a lot of hassle communicating over the phone or e-mails.

im sure that i have mentioned this before but the lady over there has already reiterated this to me; if you have a photocopied of certificate or examination results slip, your process will be less complicated and quicker.

This post has been edited by nokia2003: Jul 12 2008, 01:29 PM
jhong
post Jul 12 2008, 05:05 PM

On my way
685 posts

I guess u might sit as a private candidate through the Ministry of Education. Better go and check it out . Not to say the chance is slim , just that maybe they'll ask u to pay or what for that , maybe ... I am not sure about it. It should be free anyway , in general . However , i dont knw what is the outcome of ur case. i DONt know when will the Ministry close the registration of the SPM . U better go and check it out as soon as possible . Or else, u gotta wait until next year .

Besides , Where to get it ? Sounds rather weird when i read it ...I think u knw that u cannot just get it so easily in that direct way , right? First , u must get a tutor for the subjects which u r taking . It is only if u pass in ur BM paper , u will be able to get the SPM cert .

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0202sec    0.39    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:41 AM