views

Mov_freak
post Apr 26 2010, 10:56 PM

aka. Nickelodein Weirdo
Group Icon
1,723 posts

Toy Story (1995) and Toy Story 2 (1999)

What a difference 4 years makes!!

The strides Pixar made between Toy Story and Toy Story 2 is staggering!

Pixar learned how NOT to animate people in Toy Story and did not repeat the mistake in Toy Story 2.

Also, the technology differences between 1995 (it is interesting how they had to animate Video and cassette tapes for the movie) and 2010 is also staggering, I remember watching Toy Story on LD and now, am waiting for the 3D version on Blu-Ray with much anticipation.

The 3D for Toy Story and Toy Story 2 is NOT as immersive as How To Train Your Dragon, and would like to add the depth is alot better then lets say my DVD copy.

I have yet to see a Pixar 3D that makes me excited like How To Train our Dragon, which is puzzling.

Then again Robert Zemecski have been trying hard but not achieve much with all the resource he and Disney had poured into ImageMovers to the point of Disney closing it down because it is NOT very profitable!

Not sure if Pixar is feeling the 3D movement, but they sure as hell make GREAT movie.

It was great watching Toy Story and Toy Story 2 in the cinema.

My Two Sen
Mov_freak
post Jun 17 2010, 11:10 PM

aka. Nickelodein Weirdo
Group Icon
1,723 posts

Okay. I admit it.

I was a skeptic.

When I first heard of this movie, boy was I skeptic!!

I went to watch it today and I was BLOWN away.

It is FRESH, NEW and is STILL very true to the first two.

They really, REALLY got the story right.

It really is.

Ever single person in the cinema with me young or aged understand everything about it.

We laughed, cried and was at the edge of our seats, when the story call for it.

Kudos Pixar.

I should NOT have doubted u!!

Please make sure you are NOT late for the movie, the shorts at the beginning of the movie (Day and Night) is PURE GENIUS. This is the first time I see Pixar using hand drawn animation and it is also CGI!! COnfused!!??!! Just go watch it!! laugh.gif

My Two Sen

This post has been edited by Mov_freak: Jun 18 2010, 10:24 AM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0260sec    0.13    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:32 AM