views

youngkies
post Jul 4 2008, 03:01 PM

Monday <--> Friday
Group Icon
VIP
9,511 posts

go to all the landmarks.

get an 24 hours open top bus ticket and let them bring you around to most of the landmarks in london, with guided tour. you can then hop on and off wherever you like.
rotigal
post Jul 16 2008, 05:28 PM

9 posts

Go to the theatres and plays! Really worth it like Phantom of the Opera if you can get the tickets in advanced...
ADVAN
post Jul 16 2008, 06:43 PM

Live Learn Work Play
2,479 posts

Go to the famous places... Tower bridge, Buckingham palace, Trafalgar Square, London Eye, Big Ben, Westminster, Piccadilly circus, Chinatown, lecester square...etc...

Its actually all nearby.. u can travel by public bus...
Just back from london last 2 weeks...
sleepchild
post Aug 1 2008, 03:45 AM

Getting Started
70 posts

anyone know which hotel or hostel is nice and cheap to stay at London as im paying a visit to there tis weekend..thank you..
Samurai
post Aug 1 2008, 07:35 AM

Getting Started
70 posts

Why not you go to Queensway...near Malaysia Embassy

30-34 Queensborough Terrace
Queensway
London W2 3ST

Nearest tube stations: Queensway, Bayswater

The operating hours are:

Breakfast 7.30am - 10.00am
Lunch 12.00pm - 4.00pm
Dinner/Supper 5.00pm - 9.45pm

Call +44 (0) 7770 220 608 for more information. There are of course some rules. The restaurant would only be opened for Malaysians (please bring passport or IC). Non Malaysians are welcomed if accompanied by another Malaysian. This is because part of the costs are subsidised by the Malaysian goverment using Malaysian tax payers money.

http://www.masduke.net/v3/maklumatsewaan.php

Good luck mate!!

mr_ashraf
post Aug 1 2008, 11:25 AM

Getting Started
259 posts

malaysia hall got curfew...
try to book via www.hostelworld.com
can get cheaper price...

youngkies
post Aug 1 2008, 07:27 PM

Monday <--> Friday
Group Icon
VIP
9,511 posts

or google staytravel.com

there are plenty of cheap backpacker hostel. but if you are looking for clean and nice room with a decent price tag, you can try London School of Econmic accommodation. they open their student accommodation for rent to backpacker in the summer.

lovely room and places to stay in london with affordable price range. you can get cheap room for about £20 per night at other cheap hostel, but if you might have to share with probably 10 other people with poor facilities (lack of hot water etc).
sleepchild
post Aug 1 2008, 08:17 PM

Getting Started
70 posts

thanks matess...appreciate lots..cheers!
clausman
post Oct 9 2008, 01:05 AM

Enthusiast
708 posts

hey everybody...

need to ask... will be in london for abt 2 month due to work commitment...
am wondering, which club or bar that i can go and meet lotsa asian? icon_idea.gif hmm.gif

afraid if i simply go, i will be overwhelmed by big size angmoh crowds... rclxub.gif rclxub.gif rclxub.gif
blank172
post Oct 18 2008, 01:56 AM

30 posts

Anyone travel to London this Dec-Jan?
I'm a student (on budget) and I'm thinking of traveling there for family business. I would like to ask anyone who, have been travel during Dec-Jan, bout your preferred budget airline. I dont mind and love to have a lot of 'stops' (transit) smile.gif a lot more merrier isnt? hehe

Since it's during peak period and cold (Dec-Jan), is there any interesting place that might worth some to look at especially during that time.

@pernguin: I'm thinking of looking at the gulf air. Mind to share your experience?
@phat: Did you manage to get ur reasonable price?
phat
post Nov 8 2008, 12:05 AM

Casual
328 posts

Sorry havent posted here for quite sometime..I got my ticket during Matta fair..rm3400 for return air ticket to London. But i requested a one day transit at dubai bfore my flight to UK..I think it is da best offer at that time coz i looked online n da ticket price can go up to rm4500++..damn expensive as dat time is considered super peak season..oh forgot to tell,im going there by fly emirates.. tongue.gif
ken_zie
post Nov 8 2008, 02:11 AM

Enthusiast
826 posts

i checked out the airasia website... they are going to fly from kl - london soon... but i'm not sure when it is... but for sure it'll be cheaper than mas
liew_jls
post Nov 8 2008, 05:52 AM

On my way
557 posts

yeah, i read the news before.. if i didn't remember wrongly.. they said will start the service on end of next year.. they still deciding which airport; either heathrow or manchester..
phat
post Nov 8 2008, 01:44 PM

Casual
328 posts

QUOTE(liew_jls @ Nov 8 2008, 05:52 AM)
yeah, i read the news before.. if i didn't remember wrongly.. they said will start the service on end of next year.. they still deciding which airport; either heathrow or manchester..
wow..great news..now i can go honeymoon there..if i got married..haha
joeylny
post Nov 9 2008, 06:42 AM

On my way
554 posts

QUOTE(liew_jls @ Nov 8 2008, 05:52 AM)
they always postpone the dates..ive been waiting forever for Airasia to launch flights to london..the last time i read in newspaper they say will launch latest by march next year....maybe launch march for booking n start flying maybe end of the year perhaps?

chizzu
post Nov 9 2008, 09:32 AM

ブラック★ロックチューター BEAST
1,357 posts

just booked my flight back to msia from london. flights are quite expensive now. Cheapest i could find is either Etihad, Emirates or (crappy) KLM. not sure how much it will cost in msia tho. Best time to travel is tues to thurs since most businessman will travel on fri - mon period.
liew_jls
post Nov 11 2008, 06:55 AM

On my way
557 posts

QUOTE(chizzu @ Nov 9 2008, 01:32 AM)
just booked my flight back to msia from london. flights are quite expensive now. Cheapest i could find is either Etihad, Emirates or (crappy) KLM. not sure how much it will cost in msia tho. Best time to travel is tues to thurs since most businessman will travel on fri - mon period.
yeah, it's very expensive right now.. but you can try SIA, it has promotion, which travel in Nov. i think it cost around £650++.. as least it's cheaper than mas.. or you can try qatar it should be around £530++...

by the way, MAS in malaysia is having promotion for 2 days 'Gobal Online Sale'.. so for those who coming from KL to london, these 2 days is the best time to get cheap ticket...

This post has been edited by liew_jls: Nov 11 2008, 07:01 AM
chizzu
post Nov 11 2008, 10:45 PM

ブラック★ロックチューター BEAST
1,357 posts

i think MAS global online sales is global. so for anyone who wants to book flights through MAS (from London to Malaysia) please book now! but there are blackout periods where the promo doesnt apply which clashes with the dates i wanted to go back next year sad.gif
state of abyssmal
post Nov 12 2008, 04:51 AM

addicted to you
4,440 posts

i've booked my flight for 2 person for only rm8400 [return ticket] yesterday laugh.gif
thank you to MAS
joeylny
post Nov 12 2008, 05:22 AM

On my way
554 posts

Even with MAs promo its 4.1k each now..
i helped my frens book during MAS fair in march 2008 n its only RM3.3k .must be the fuel surcharge increase

i am waiting for airasia sigh

72 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0204sec    0.31    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:34 PM