I have read a lot of topic on this issues but there were virtually no information on how to cure this problem; ERRATIC IDLING on Proton fuel injection cars.
I own a Wira 1.6XLI Auto and Waja 1.6 Auto.
The Wira have been giving me problems since 2004 when the original Throttle Body fails.
So I have the servo kit changed (2 times in fact); but no good at all.
Proton sell the Throttle Body unit for RM 1200+, so I get a re-cond unit at RM580; but still no good.
Same result as changing the servo kit.
I am an ex-mechanic myself, so I went on a learning spree about fuel injection cars.
Tried reset ECU by taking off battery for 30 minutes, went to workshop for diagnostic reset error code and troubleshoot; every thing is fine; but idling still erratic, especially when air-con kicks in or turning the steering while parking or making a turn.
I've eventually solved the problem... literally!
Here is what you need;
1) flat or Phillips screw driver
2) or no. 8 spanner
3) digital volt meter (must be digital)
Firstly, check the followings;
1) timing set to 12° BTDC (variable range is 8° - 18°) you can set to proper value after adjustment depending on the fuel U use
2) make sure TB Servo is working properly (hot start engine should rev above 1000RPM then drop below that after a couple of seconds)
a) set to proper timing of 12° BTDC if not done
b) if TB Servo not working, have it changed
Without meeting a) & b) requirements, this adjustment procedure won't work.
After that, here is the easy part;
1) Start your engine or turn car key to ON position
- measure TPS (Throttle Position Sensor) the 2 green terminals
- variable range must be between 0.5 - 0.95 volts, U try which value is suitable for your car, mind is 0.5 - 0.6 (nice & stable)
2) Turn OFF engine, make sure car key is in OFF position
- turn the air bleed screw all the way clockwise until it locks, not tight - just lock
3) Start the engine & let it run for a minute or so
- engine should open the idle servo to compensate for the lack of air
- engine should automatically rev to >1000RPM then steadily drop to 600/700RPM
4) Engine still running after 1 minute (take your time, let the engine figure out what to do)
- turn air bleed screw 1 full turn anti-clockwise
- engine should again rev >1000RPM then drop to 700RPM or so
5) Let it run a minute or so again
- now ON air-con
- engine should react immediately to the extra load
- ON & OFF air-con a couple of times between intervals of 30 second or so
6) You may turn the air bleed anti-clockwise more, if air-con idle too low
- range is usually 1 - 2.5 turns anti-clockwise
* You are done
My Wira now accelerates better, more immediate and less smoke due to rich idle, engine runs cooler too.
Previously it chokes & accelerate like a diesel vehicle, vibrates during idle; now no more that.
You guys enjoy. Proton car is such a fuzz.
Proton fuel injection Idle Control, Engine idling adjustment procedure