Food Good food in Kepong, come help to list

views

SUSvkeong
post Jun 25 2008, 11:53 AM, updated 15y ago

47 yr old unker
2,614 posts

1. B Lui Seafood - Kam Heong Lala/Crabs - Wai Sik Kai
2. "Ah Hong" BBQ Chicken Wings - Wai Sik Kai
3. Tak Fok Seafood Restaurant, Desa Aman Puri - RM 18 crabs (cheese baked, kam heong, salted egg)
4. Nasi Lemak - Wai Sik Kai
5. Pasembor - Next to the crossroad opposite Caritas Church
6. Fish Head Curry - Desa Aman Puri Great Wall Food Court (Ho-HoBi stall)
7. Fish Head Curry - Happy City Food Court, next to Carrefour
8. Ka Ka Bak Kut Teh, opposite Carrefour
9. Seafood pasta - Happy City Food Court
10. Kei Tak Sek - used to be good.. but now like foreign workers do only.. quality drop (Wai Sik Kai)
11. Ho Yee Kee Prawn Noodles/Lam Mee - Desa Aman Puri/Wai Sik Kai
12. Stadt German Restaurant
13. Chao Tau Fu - Sunday Pasar malam
14. Eden Dim Sum - Bandar Manjalara
15. Ful Lai Dim Sum - Bandar Manjalara
16. Meng Kee Claypot Chicken Rice - Kepong Baru market, next to old Pavilion Cinema
17. Tak Kei dim sum - Jalan Burung Jentayu Tmn Bkt Maluri
18. Yip Kee Wantan Mee - Menjalara Business Square
19. Chee Cheong Fun in Restoran Highland,Taman Bukit Maluri (morning only, noon will sold out)
20. Ling Zhi~Vege restaurant, Metro Prima
21. Dim Sum Shop Next to Bata, Kepong Baru
22. Ah Joe Bah Kut Teh at MRR2
23. Cantonese Fried Noodle, near Kepong Baru Public Bank
24. Curry Noodle at restaurant Chu Yu. Taman Sri sinar same row with Toto, corner lot. (Not Oily)
25. MIZI Shabu Shabu steamboat at Kepong, behind HSBC, facing Carrefour. (good hygiene) private cooking bowl. set lunch $9.90 + (free drink)
26. Chee Cheong Fun at sri sinar. Only open at noon around 3pm just in front of the kopitiam (dunno name)
27. De Food Land - Crabs
28. Restoran Kok Heng at Taman Bukit Maluri
29. Mee Jawa from the stall opposite the Rainbow car accessories place/rama clinic.
30. Chinese nasi lemak, stall opposite the Michelin tyre shop in Maluri
31. Shiang Hee Restaurant @ Bandar Manjalara
32. Sai Gong Restaurant @ Kepong Baru/Manjalara
33. Porridge stall that sells all kinds of claypot porridge and their famous Kung po Tin kai (frog's legs), same row as the outdoor Tuck Kee.
34. Thai restaurant at the old De Foodland, near the Giamax factories. Best tomyam in KL, you can't get one that is better and more affordable than this place.

contribute others notworthy.gif

This post has been edited by vkeong: Aug 18 2009, 06:13 PM
SUSvkeong
post Jun 25 2008, 11:59 AM

47 yr old unker
2,614 posts

QUOTE(teckhooi @ Jun 25 2008, 11:56 AM)
10. Kei Tak Sek - used to be good.. but now like foreign workers do only.. quality drop (Wai Sik Kai)

Not Agreed? Why Said So?
i went there a while ago.. the food really not as nice as last time lah.. the mango lo.. wah lao.. not tasty dy
SUSvkeong
post Jun 25 2008, 12:05 PM

47 yr old unker
2,614 posts

yaloh that's why i said "Used to be good"

now all restaurants hire foreign workers to prepare the food liao... and when i saw the way they prepared i also no mood to eat.. so damn dirty.. use the hands to make the shaved ice into shape..
SUSvkeong
post Jun 25 2008, 04:37 PM

47 yr old unker
2,614 posts

so, so far you guys kinda agree with my early list right. sweat.gif

thanks to the others who have contributed.. i have appended your suggestions to the list
SUSvkeong
post Jun 25 2008, 04:44 PM

47 yr old unker
2,614 posts

It's quite good.. it's 24 hour dim sum restaurant.. went there one time at 11pm.. can try
SUSvkeong
post Jun 27 2008, 10:51 AM

47 yr old unker
2,614 posts

QUOTE(jackal400 @ Jun 26 2008, 10:13 PM)
Is this the RM2 vege restaurant??

Maybe u guys should go n try out the cantonese fried noodles at a stall nearby to Kepong Baru's Public Bank.  smile.gif
more details please...
SUSvkeong
post Jun 27 2008, 11:25 AM

47 yr old unker
2,614 posts

Ya i more interested with the cantonese fried noodles ler
SUSvkeong
post Jun 27 2008, 10:36 PM

47 yr old unker
2,614 posts

Where is Kow Kee? since the cook went to heaven, got people taking over??
SUSvkeong
post Jun 28 2008, 11:53 PM

47 yr old unker
2,614 posts

QUOTE(jackal400 @ Jun 28 2008, 07:59 PM)
Do u noe where poliklinik surjit is located at? His shop was used to be around there......but now it has been converted to a bakery shop. Nope....it was such a sad case....  cry.gif  cry.gif
oh my.. he should've trained his son or someone close to continue his legacy sad.gif
SUSvkeong
post Jun 29 2008, 08:52 PM

47 yr old unker
2,614 posts

QUOTE(december88 @ Jun 29 2008, 07:18 PM)
Restaurant Saigong, Medan Putra Business Center in Bandar Menjelara Kepong. Always FULL AT NIGHT especially at weekend.
been there countless time. good food at reasonable price. only complain is that u've to wait so long to get ur food serve, the more you order the more you wait, because they prepare all the food you order at 1 go. NON-HALAL btw.
Link down.
http://www.foodlah.com/2007/11/17/restaurant-sai-gong-2/

And also i think there's one crab shop, not sure abt the name, but i know it's so popular and always full also, until they take the road/parking space to set up tables for customers. will update when i'm back in Malaysia.

cheers guys.
for the crabs, i think it's DAK FOK?

and Sai Gong.. i know that restaurant.. always pass it when go 1U/The Curve.. at night a lot of people.. but heard it's quite expensive
SUSvkeong
post Jun 29 2008, 10:32 PM

47 yr old unker
2,614 posts

QUOTE(Darkcursed @ Jun 29 2008, 09:36 PM)
yeah,dak fok at aman puri,alot of people one everytime,tried go early.

i've been staying in kepong all this while and i only go there once.
personally,I dont recommend you to go sai gong la,is stupid to go there.
I donno what the hell so tasty bout it,until so many people go there makan 1.

the waiter kinda lc,ask for recommendation he tell you is based on you,i need a recommendation not a advice.
food damn expensive,they give you a small amount only,i go with my parent,3 person,the lauk is like 2 person or one only,food so so only.shit it la.

(the sai gong i go is near the railway there one,kepong bridge there 1,infront of it is some factory)

what the hell,i rather go other local restaurant makan.

hmm,as for good food,i tell you guys my personal favourite.

I like kepong market there,got 1 dim sum shop near bata there 1,that 1 nice,i've been eating for at least 10 year liao.
then at the same row,got 1 wantan mee,i like it,it taste abit like guan kee at damansara uptown 1.
opposite of it,there was 1 claypot chicken rice,tasty one.
behind of it,there was 1 bak kut teh,which is near the vegetarian restaurant,the bak kut teh taste good also.

as you go to wai sek kai,that stupid Kei tak Sek,aka KTZ,the same row,there was on roast duck rice named onn kee,alot of people preference,it really taste nice.
the same row too,got 1 fei lou restaurant you can order those lauk+rice or big fried,i got few friend say nice also.

then when you go to kepong main road,carrefour there,there got 1 bak kut teh also,the name is KA KA,damn crowded 1 everytime,they started at some wooden shop,then dbkl demolished it lately,the tauke manage to get a corner lot right opposite of his old wooden shop,every weekend i passby,his table and chair extended at least 3 shop long.
people park their car at road side just to makan their bak kut teh.

opposite of the KA KA bak kut teh,got 1 happy food court 1,nothing nice there for me except for curry fish head,everytime go makan waiting time surely 15-45 min 1,shit it la,but it is really nice.

still got plenty good food,that's all which i can remember,i dont hang out there or miss up some recommendation of it,anyone can help me add on or amend ah?  biggrin.gif

Added on June 29, 2008, 9:42 pm

yeah,food not ok,it taste expensive sumore,shit it.
they tauke very pandai one,he open 1 shop call one noodle at wai sek kai also.
in the same time,they tauke open one noodle at desa park city,memang pandai.
man, i tried the things you mentioned i bolded, agreed! good food! the curry fish head at Happy City rocks!!

This post has been edited by vkeong: Jun 29 2008, 10:33 PM
SUSvkeong
post Jun 30 2008, 03:08 PM

47 yr old unker
2,614 posts

QUOTE(mugenh22a @ Jun 30 2008, 02:59 PM)
Visited De food land last Sat....the creamy crabs is still ogood but the meehoon crab is so so only.

The crowds were not as many as it used to....maybe the 2.70 does have it impact.

6 person with 2 choices of crabs, one scallop vege, tofu and rices...
RM190
how many KG of crabs in total?
SUSvkeong
post Jun 30 2008, 04:08 PM

47 yr old unker
2,614 posts

wow.. that's pretty expensive don't you think? how big are the crabs? i ate at tak fok.. RM18 per kg.. got 3 medium sized crabs per dish
SUSvkeong
post Jun 30 2008, 04:39 PM

47 yr old unker
2,614 posts

QUOTE(mugenh22a @ Jun 30 2008, 04:31 PM)
Tak fook is cheap....but seriously speaking the crab is much bigger and meatier compare to tak fook...

Tak fook u need to wait like no tomorrow.....
I see.. then it's worth it then smile.gif I plan to try de food land too.. but from the reviews i've seen so far.. complaints more than compliments sweat.gif sweat.gif
SUSvkeong
post Jun 30 2008, 10:46 PM

47 yr old unker
2,614 posts

QUOTE(Darkcursed @ Jun 30 2008, 05:54 PM)
waa,you morning eat till night on my list ka?  drool.gif

yeah,the curry taste nice! i usually go with parent and order a big 1 with 3 rice.

other stall really normal la there.  tongue.gif
LOL, bro, the food you mentioned, I already tried before since last year.. now i go to Kepong/Manjalara almost every weekend.. so you say leh? tongue.gif tongue.gif
SUSvkeong
post Jul 5 2008, 03:49 PM

47 yr old unker
2,614 posts

QUOTE(smartstuff @ Jul 1 2008, 12:59 AM)
Curry Noodle at restaurant Chu Yu. Taman Sri sinar same row with Toto, corner lot. (Not Oily)
MIZI Shabu Shabu steamboat at Kepong, behind HSBC, facing Carrefour. (good hygiene) private cooking bowl. set lunch $9.90 + (free grink)
i think you meant free drink? tongue.gif

RM9.90 is quite affordable.. thanks mate.. will add this to the list
SUSvkeong
post Jul 14 2008, 02:29 AM

47 yr old unker
2,614 posts

QUOTE(am_eniey @ Jul 12 2008, 12:38 AM)
vkeong, i really admire your food blog, i really miss penang, the food paradise island where i used to live, later in life, i'll be settling my life back in penang !!!
Thank you am_eniey. I didn't know you used to stay in Penang. If you have any good recommendations for halal food, please let me know smile.gif I wish to expand my blog's food coverage
SUSvkeong
post Jul 16 2008, 10:54 AM

47 yr old unker
2,614 posts

QUOTE(Ezymeal.com @ Jul 15 2008, 08:56 PM)
How come never add Kaka Bak Kut Teh along Jalan Kepong? Now moved in to shops along RHB Bank, KFC/PIzza Hut

I like the Nasi Lemak at Kepong Wai Sek Kai, night time (Malay)

Err, Lei Cha at Wai Sek Kai also (afternoon), corner coffee shop also nice but hot in the afternoon.

Let me think think first. add on later  hmm.gif
check first post.. already included la

This post has been edited by vkeong: Jul 16 2008, 10:55 AM
SUSvkeong
post Jul 24 2008, 01:28 AM

47 yr old unker
2,614 posts

Tak Fok loh
SUSvkeong
post Aug 23 2008, 11:38 PM

47 yr old unker
2,614 posts

Ful Lai is good, but somehow I feel their dim sum all taste the same lol. good lah, but same taste?

3 Pages  1 2 3 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0177sec    0.85    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 05:39 PM