Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

University Curtin University of Technology, Sarawak Campus

views

meem
post Nov 26 2011, 08:58 PM

4 posts

Hai, can someone who studying in Curtin tell me about Applied Geology course there?? How the lecturer, class n etc.. smile.gif
meem
post Nov 27 2011, 12:12 AM

4 posts

QUOTE(dvlzplayground @ Nov 26 2011, 11:34 PM)
^ all the applied geology lecturers are PhD holders. exam-wise a lot of memorizing. also lots of field trips and lab work. very little math involved tongue.gif

the course in miri is without honours, u need to go to perth for that.
Thanks for the info rclxms.gif .. I just looked at the propectus 2011.. Need to go Curtin Bentley to do Honours.. so surprisingly.. Huh.. sweat.gif I thought only need to do it in Miri.. What if no honours? what the different?
meem
post Nov 27 2011, 03:06 PM

4 posts

QUOTE(dvlzplayground @ Nov 27 2011, 08:20 AM)
Yeap. i dont really know about the geology career but it should be fine without honours, since u dun need to register under professional bodies (engineers need BEM).

so diff is u get a B.Sc but not a B.Sc(Hons) tongue.gif n since u'll be in miri u need to make use of ur time to know people from oil & gas companies here. not easy to find a job as a geologist in other places
I see.. Thanks again thumbup.gif .. How about the classes? how often the class in one week? Im local so I dont think I want to stay in the hostel there.. biggrin.gif What course u taking at curtin?
meem
post Dec 19 2011, 03:57 PM

4 posts

QUOTE(justarandomboy @ Dec 19 2011, 09:21 AM)
Umm....I have a question. Is MUET recognised by Curtin? I cannot find MUET as a test to fulfill english language requirement on their official website. Can anyone help me?
This is the answer i received from the officer there via email..
''If you have SPM / 1119 english in grade C6 or better, then it is meeting the English requirement. MUET is not acceptable to Curtin, otherwise CUTE band C or better.''

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0178sec    0.22    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:34 PM