Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

University Curtin University of Technology, Sarawak Campus

views

joybutterable
post Jul 7 2011, 01:54 PM

37 posts

QUOTE(prelude23 @ Jul 5 2011, 12:41 AM)
Just a rundown of Curtin University.

People often think that we are lousy U as we are located in Miri. A lot of you might not have even heard of Miri and this put off the idea of coming to Curtin. Rest assured, Miri is a peaceful place and best suited if you need a peaceful environment to study. People here are harmonious and far better than West Malaysian. Those who had been in Miri can vouch for this.

Curtin University Sarawak is famed for its School of Business and School of Engineering. Our best two courses, Civil & Construction Engineering and Chemical Engineering are world class programs. We are only behind Monash and Nottingham if you guys are comparing it among the IPTS in Malaysia. We offered a range of double major under our Commerce Degree.

As we are branch campus and also not twinning campus, we have the privilege to deliver courses in symmetry as our main campus in Perth, Australia. Lecture notes, assignments, presentations and final exam is exactly the same as what they have in Perth. Even the certificate is identical.

So if you have any question, please pm me for more details or visit our website at http://www.curtin.edu.my/index.htm

The second intake for 2011 is still open!!

ps. im doing this out of goodwill. no commission for me.  tongue.gif
hi prelude, i wanna ask about the living cost in miri, as i am from kuching, i sit much difference compared to here? and regarding the lakeside apartment, other than the room size are different, what makes the price for both are different?
thanl you!
joybutterable
post Jul 7 2011, 07:16 PM

37 posts

QUOTE(prelude23 @ Jul 7 2011, 05:55 PM)
Living cost in Miri is pretty cheap. Just standby around RM20 per day for meals which I think is more than enough. Excluding the accommodation, I saying you are looking at around Rm600 - Rm800 per month. Transport is free since we have college bus. Other expenses might be your entertainment.

Price different? What are you comparing against? Let's assume you are comparing against Curtin Villa and Vilage. Lakeside apartment is located inside the campus while the other 2 are located outside the campus. That is why it is more expensive as it is only 5 minutes away from the campus. Very convenient but food choices are limited.

You have to be fast if you wanna book accommodation oh.
thank you, i actually mean the lakeside 1 and lakeside 2. Most probably i will only join in the february intake as im only finishing my diploma this coming august. does the lakeside apartment comes with pantry?

joybutterable
post Jul 19 2011, 10:26 AM

37 posts

QUOTE(raymones89 @ Jul 7 2011, 07:43 PM)
Hi, I used to stay in lakeside 1. Yes, lakeside 1 comes with a pantry on every floor. Lakeside 2 has pantry connected to every few rooms. Hope that helps.  biggrin.gif
Im still undecided, dunno should i opt for villa, village or lakeside. villa is a bit far right?
joybutterable
post Sep 21 2011, 07:28 AM

37 posts

if i apply for villa if successful then do i move in one week before orientation or when?
joybutterable
post Dec 13 2011, 07:59 AM

37 posts

what atm machine is available in the campus?
joybutterable
post Dec 13 2011, 08:05 PM

37 posts

QUOTE(dvlzplayground @ Dec 13 2011, 07:23 PM)
RHB and Maybank
thank you so much for the info!
joybutterable
post Dec 19 2011, 05:45 PM

37 posts

I hope Curtin will give me offer letter ASAP! need confirmation.. =(
joybutterable
post Feb 4 2012, 09:10 AM

37 posts

which internet broadband should i choose if i'm gonna stay in curtain villa?
is digi coverage good in that area?

Appreciate your reply.
Thankss~
joybutterable
post Feb 18 2012, 04:09 PM

37 posts

yeap, so quiet.
joybutterable
post Mar 4 2012, 09:39 AM

37 posts

QUOTE(Curtin Student @ Mar 4 2012, 02:18 AM)
Curtin is quite boring so far since I'm here... huh... sad.gif
But i enjoy my student life here! rclxms.gif
joybutterable
post Mar 6 2012, 04:54 PM

37 posts

QUOTE(prophetjul @ Mar 6 2012, 09:45 AM)
Went to look at their foundation courses

http://www.curtin.edu.my/sch_dept/PreUnive...tion_Eng&Sc.htm
This type of reception leaves one with a very bad impression of the institution.    hmm.gif

Added on March 6, 2012, 10:03 amCurtin Admission requirements
Does this mean GCE A levels are not accepted? ........ while in the next breath
rclxub.gif
hi there, please refer to this link.
http://www.curtin.edu.my/sch_dept/pre_univ...tion_Eng&Sc.htm
joybutterable
post Jun 8 2012, 10:35 AM

37 posts

QUOTE(justarandomboy @ Jun 7 2012, 04:11 PM)
Hei everyone.

I just wanna ask....is there a badminton club in Curtin? Like a sports club, something like that. If there's one, what are the activities? You just gather there and play, or do you have a coach?

I can't find anything on Curtin website, hope someone can answer me.  smile.gif
ya, there's a badminton club.
But heard many feedback, it is not worthwhile joining. No offence.
There are plenty of sports club here, Curtin Ultimate (Frisbee), Soccer Club, Softball, Bowling, Basketball Club, etc. There's a multipurpose hall which is used to play futsal too.
joybutterable
post Jan 26 2013, 11:34 AM

37 posts

QUOTE(ooiwbng @ Jan 9 2013, 12:59 AM)
im planning to take my foundation and then do electrical and electronic engineering..can someone enlighten me on Curtin's facilities and environment since im from the peninsula..
Hi there, Curtin Sarawak is a nice place for you to focus on studies. The campus is about half an hour ride by car from Miri city, Curtin is situated at senadin area, which is further up from city. But there's public buses travel to and fro daily. The campus is big and totally something you will like if you are a nature loving person. biggrin.gif facilities wise we have gym room, multipurpose hall, basketball court, football field etc. And we have Curtin Ultimate too, which is so called Frisbee Club. The rest perhaps are just basic facilities that usually an uni has. biggrin.gif
joybutterable
post Jan 26 2013, 11:38 AM

37 posts

QUOTE(minto360 @ Dec 31 2012, 04:24 PM)
all bros here, what is d age range of the student at curtin miri?
i'm going to study there n i'm already 26 y.o.
a bit segan ahh
Ranging from 18-25 mostly. But there are also students who are in their 30s in my class. Age isn't a big deal for us in campus. :D welcome!
joybutterable
post Jan 26 2013, 11:43 AM

37 posts

QUOTE(Biral @ Jan 2 2013, 01:10 AM)
does most of the people even wanna go so far like sarawak and study there ? I mean far from KL. don't think many foreign student go there or ?
From what I have observed, half of the population of Curtin are from all over Sarawak, the rest largely from Sabah, then Penang, KL, Johore, Selangor, etc. We also have foreigners from middle east and China as well. Hmm. There's plenty of shell and personas and also bla scholars in Curtin. Our school fees are comparatively cheaper compare to monash, sunway, etc. and I believe that's the main reason those West Malaysians chose to study here. :D
joybutterable
post Feb 14 2013, 11:33 AM

37 posts

QUOTE(kaliku @ Feb 14 2013, 02:58 AM)
Hi Guys!

Will be attending Curtin this coming semester. Just a quick question tho. Is there a fully equipped gym on campus? And im planning to apply for curtin village. Is the internet provided by the uni or do we have to get our own wireless broadband?
I am not sure of the gym's condition but is under renovation now. It has weight room and cardio room with shower room as well. Curtin Village has big rooms and living environmental wise is more ideal but will be a bit further from mini market at Senadin. You have to walk about five minutes to reach the shoplots. You can get redtone WiFi there but there's monthly charges when you buy the pin code from admin office. It was rm60 monthly last yr and I'm not sure how much is it now. It will be advisable to get a broadband there and if your housemates have applied streamyx then you probably can share with them.
joybutterable
post Feb 20 2013, 04:59 PM

37 posts

QUOTE(kaliku @ Feb 16 2013, 10:15 PM)
@joybutterable

Thanks for the reply!! Any chance you would know which telco has the best coverage for wireless broadband around curtin village?
hi kaliku,

Afaik, maxis line isnt that great there. Heard Celcom is not bad but many users there, so the line is a bit congested there. LOL! i am currently in curtin villa and digi works fine for me in my common area but not inside my room.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0222sec    0.38    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:24 PM