Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Announcement

Please keep your account's email current. http://lowy.at/chgEmail

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> The Tomato/Victek's Tomato Firmware Club, Victek himself is here to help you !

views

-Teddy-
post Jun 20 2008, 09:32 PM

meh
1,938 posts

Is Tomato capable to increase signal strength? Seems like Tomato have more happy users than DD-WRT judging from comments I Googled.
-Teddy-
post Jun 27 2008, 03:22 PM

meh
1,938 posts

How strong do you guys set your transmit power to be? I'm on 70mW now, will it do any harm to the router or anything? The router is located at a place without fan and aircond, all by it's own.
-Teddy-
post Jun 27 2008, 03:58 PM

meh
1,938 posts

QUOTE(Intrigue @ Jun 27 2008, 03:47 PM)
prasys... i just got the wrt54gl 2 days ago so i'm good to go for this firmware? Is there anything else that i need to take note of? I scare later kill my own router. THen as for the password and username. Is it the same?
I flashed mine within 5 minutes. For the username and password, both are "admin" in my case, if it won't work try "root". The only thing that troubles me after flashing is that I cannot find the place to enter my Streamyx login details, it's like hidden.

Just in case you are as blur as me, it's at Basic > Network > Choose PPPoE on the drop down menu (Type) under WAN / Internet. It took me quite sometime to look for it as I was searching on every single tab looking for the form, who knows it is hidden—considering I know quite nothing about those things.

Any free wifi signal strength monitor that will display signal strength in %? The bars aren't that reliable IMO.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0300sec    0.62    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 30th November 2021 - 12:05 PM