Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Labtec pulse 424 mod, a simple guide...

views

TSMonkey King
post Aug 5 2004, 05:03 AM, updated 20y ago

Autoparts Trader
1,093 posts

hmmm i have 2 units of speaker labtec pulse 424 paired with edifier S2.1D.... hmm the reason i using both is i need the labtec sattelite 2' midrange to 'compensate' some 'missing' part of the sound when Edifier S2.1D was used alone....

user posted image

hmmm but i was hoping to get this labtec doing better in midranges.... since i can barely heard the driver produce any lower midrange frequency
only high and medium is barely audible and its quite muddy as well, (the high, medium and low i mean is in terms of frequncy...while high is more towards treble,sharper sound, and lower is bassy) from the sattelite.....

hmm i start i gathering ideas for this...searching around the web for speaker mods.... hmmm until 1 day i was able to see the inner part of my dad's Hi-Fi set.... it was stuffed with some layer of cotton.... thus i was wondering..do it really prove better result???? after some research on the net and consultation from --- richx!!! i finally going to start a mod to my little labtec...

user posted image

user posted image
1. here i start off by opening its enclosure... the right sattelite channel has some built in PCB board...for the volume controller....

user posted image
2. hmm left channel.....

well it seems both of them does not come with the cotton..so i'm planning to insert it manually.... (well wat u can expect for a RM140 budget speaker?)

user posted image
3. here is a pic of the S2.1D sattelite

user posted image
4.hmmm well while this comes with cotton inside i dont see why my labtec deserve the same treat smile.gif

This post has been edited by Monkey King: Aug 5 2004, 05:11 AM
TSMonkey King
post Aug 5 2004, 05:04 AM

Autoparts Trader
1,093 posts

5. user posted image
hmm this is the cotton roll i got from the aquarium shop.... RM1.50 per pack brows.gif

6.user posted image

7.user posted image
i cut according to the sattelite size..and fit it inside....

8. user posted image
left channel being filled up with the spongie...while i leave some space for the air travel out the sattelite port....

9. user posted image
same goes for the right channel

10. user posted image
screw it back......

hmm after inserted the cotton...i found out there is indeed some improvement for the midrange... before this..i used to able to hear higher midranges from this sattelite but now im able to get high and medium midranges, but lower midranges is still barely audible..... perhaps the 2" driver limitation....? hmm after all the whole process took shorter than 10 mins.....the effect is realy pays off the hard work..haha

hmm here i would like to thanks to my dad who willing to let me explore the innards of his old Hi-Fi tongue.gif, richx for sharing some useful advice and experience..... and my fren who drove me to the aquarium shop tongue.gif

hmm haha i hope u guys can give me some suggestion thru PM and tolerate my 1st experimental review here...1st timer tongue.gif... ur suggestion will be greatly appriciated... smile.gif

DISCLAIMER: I will not responsible for any damages or injury by folowing my guide....as this is DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK....!!

:mrgreen:

This post has been edited by Monkey King: Aug 5 2004, 05:12 AM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0163sec    0.29    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:46 AM