Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Loans & Scholarships JPA ivy-league scholarship, Have some problem

views

TSbonedragon
post Jun 3 2008, 04:53 PM, updated 15y ago

Casual
346 posts

Hey guys, this is a quote of my post from another topic, decided to open new one since that my post wasn't really appropriate in that topic and everyone ignored me anyway, so..

Hey guys, the ivy league and setaraf thing, it is necessary to get unconditional offer? I mean i haven't even finished my a levels yet, got conditional offer only. Anyway, i wonder if anyone has sent the application for the ivy-league and setaraf universities? Everytime i send it, it'll bring me back to the same page except all the spaces are blank, then at the bottom of the page "maklumat anda tidak dapat dihantar". I used the college computer, my home computer, firefox and IE still the same problem. Not to mention when using IE there's an error on the page...

So I called the helpline, and it rang like 10 times before a very sleepy guy picked up the phone. I told him there's a problem, he said, tak ada masalah...use the calendar to fill in the dates, dont' type. So I did that but still

I still can't send my application..Anyone sucessfuly sent theirs? Thanks.
TSbonedragon
post Jun 5 2008, 01:01 AM

Casual
346 posts

er..I got from imperial college and university college london. Need to have 3As for A levels including maths and physics for Imperial, not too sure about UCL. But I just came back from my pure maths 3 paper. Let me tell you that it is the shittiest paper i have ever sat in my life. Other than that time in form 4 where i got 19 marks for my add maths. Don't know whether i can fulfill the condition or not...sad.gif

Edit: still can't send the application

This post has been edited by bonedragon: Jun 5 2008, 01:02 AM
TSbonedragon
post Jun 5 2008, 12:30 PM

Casual
346 posts

QUOTE(shimy @ Jun 5 2008, 11:58 AM)
how u apply 4 dat?
until now oso i cant send de application ..
i m currently doing my A-LEVELS ..
n i totally agree dat de pure maths 3 dis year is horrible !!!!!
Oh, so you can't send as well? Is it "maklumat anda tidak dapat dihantar" error?

Anyway, the page loads with an error as well. The error is unterminated string constant or something like that...Not really a programmer guy so I don't know what that means but perhaps that is a reason?

Don't think it's a virus or defrag problem though.. I've used computers from my college and at home as well, same problems.
TSbonedragon
post Jun 5 2008, 02:29 PM

Casual
346 posts

OK i just found out what the problem was. The JPA tech team or...something responded to my email. He told me to not put any comas in the salary part eg:2000.00 instead of 2,000.00. Also, UK's postcodes are different from malaysia eg: SW7 2AZ so just put 00000 at the postcode area. I did it and i just submitted my application rclxms.gif Have to go say thank you now...

Anyway, the reminder slip say unconditional offer, i dapat conditional offer only, but don't care la, just send only. i memang tak tau malu...
TSbonedragon
post Jun 5 2008, 07:31 PM

Casual
346 posts

Depends which uni you go la...if US uni then US address, if local uni then local address la.

Yea I was a bit confused as well, but i think maybe the scholarship is also aimed at those who are already at those institutions studying, thus the "pengajian semasa"
TSbonedragon
post Jun 5 2008, 11:20 PM

Casual
346 posts

QUOTE(Orlando @ Jun 5 2008, 09:45 PM)
hey.. jz curious.. where and when did u apply for it..
how was the selection process...
very sorry for intruding.. ^^
so meaning if u get it u wil still need to pay urself.. unless the gov offer u de scholarship u ar applying for now??

Apply for what? The universities? For UK universities you have to apply through UCAS which is an organization which handles applications for undergraduate study to all(or most, i'm not sure) universities in UK...can go to the UK thread for more info.

The scholarship is applied through JPA e-sila webpage like someone just posted here in the thread. It's one of the scholarships offered under the new program by JPA.

Of course will have to pay by ourselves if no scholarship, so that's why everyone is fighting for one... rclxub.gif
TSbonedragon
post Apr 19 2009, 07:57 AM

Casual
346 posts

chill guys, i know someone who applied like 1 week before she went to the UK, she only got the confirmaton once she reached here, and that's even after she was over the due date by what..2 months?

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0162sec    0.36    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:39 PM