Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Loans & Scholarships JPA ivy-league scholarship, Have some problem

views

AtMostFear
post Feb 16 2009, 06:47 AM

Enthusiast
778 posts

QUOTE(wesleylee @ Feb 15 2009, 10:50 PM)
then will there be an university representative officer waiting for me at US airport or they will come to malaysia to meet me and bring me there ?
if you go in a large group, say more than 20 people (which happened to me), a JPA officer will accompany you guys from Malaysia until you arrive at the university.

if you're going alone, or in a small group, JPA won't be sending any officer to go with you. instead, they'll ask the MSD (Malaysian Student Department) people who are already there to pick you guys up at the airport and send you to your university.

in the US, there are only 3 MSD branches, Los Angeles, Chicago and Washington DC. if the university you're going are located far from any of these 3 branches, noone will be there to pick you up at the airport. however, usually JPA will contact current Malaysian seniors at the university to inform that you're coming so that the seniors can pick you up instead.

worst case scenario, the university is far, and there are no Malaysian seniors at the university (or nearby universities), then you'll arrive alone at the airport.

note that these are just my observations from what my friends have experienced. I'm sure you can inquire about it from JPA once you've got the offer. good luck! smile.gif

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0152sec    0.44    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:38 PM