Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Drinking Milo before sleep, And other workout questions

views

iamyuanwu
post Jul 24 2008, 06:07 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,425 posts

It's the nice warm feeling in your stomach that makes it nice to sleep on.

I wouldn't drink Milo just before sleeping, too little protein, too much sugar. Milk, yogurt or some protein shake might be better. I sometimes take a half-boiled egg before sleeping... nice! Yum!
iamyuanwu
post Aug 11 2008, 11:11 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,425 posts

Milo can cause brain damage.

Blood will be concentrated to the intestines so that it can improve the absorption of the sugar and micronutrients in Milo. During sleep, blood is supposed to flow to the brain to replenish it's ATP level. It is especially important during the first hour of sleep.

It's effect is cumulative. The blood-brain barrier will become thinner so that ATP transport from blood to the brain can be improved. At one stage, this this membrane will be so thin that it's basically gone. Then sugar (mostly sucrose and oligosaccharides) and ATP will diffuse freely between the brain and blood. It's a time bomb. Nothing much will happen if you eat & live normally.

But, if you continue to take Milo before sleeping, the sugar and ATP spike in blood will be fed into the brain (no blood-brain barrier to control this transport), driving the brain to be hyper-active and having multiple micro seizures. Chronic levels of micro-seizures will slowly damage the brain, especially in the frontal lobe of cerebrum, which controls the logic centre. It's symptomes are only be detectable after years damage.

There is only one medical procedure that can reverse this condition:
Neural-cerebral rewiring.

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0110sec    0.11    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:06 AM