I've go thru the puspakom test recently, so I just want to share this out to everyone.....
In there, nobody going tell u the procedure, u need to find out your self. I've to ask everyone and try to follow what other do. Luckily everything ok. So when I share this, you guyz will roughly know what to do.
Among the things they check is Chasis No and Engine No.
They pulled out all the rubber surrounding the door to check whether any suspicious kereta potong. After that, they will check underneath the car, dunno what they check as I'm in the car.
Location : Puspakom, Desa Tun Razak, Cheras
1) Line up (With your car) outside the puspakom building (Make sure you line up at the correct queue). Another queue is for company and public vehicle like taxi, van and lorry.
2) Go down to the guard house and request a form, fill in while waiting in the car. (Make sure u bring your original Car Registration Card and a pen). The officer will collect the form and car reg card while you are in your car, so better fill-up quick.
3) Wait for instruction from the officer to drive into the building.
4) After you are directed into the building, park you car and collect your form that you gave just now from the Guard hse (Queue no# will be given). After collect the form, then go to payment counter to pay RM30. At this time, your form and reg card is given to them again. Remember to keep your receipt and wait in your car.
5) Wait for instruction to drive to another location.
6) Go down and open the bonnet. Get ready for the receipt and wait for the inspection officer to come. Among the items they check is Chasis No, Engine No, Car Structure (They pull out the rubber at the door).
7) After that, wait inside the car and wait for instruction to drive further up. Here they will check the structure underneath your car (Make sure you drive carefully and don't crash down the longkang, u might kill the inspection officer..keke). Wait for instruction to stop and also wait for instruction to go.
8) Ok. Inspection done, now you need to park your car outside and walk into the building with your receipt and collect your puspakom certification letter and also your car reg card.
I've done this on weekdays and I went 8am sharp. The whole process takes about 1 hour.
PS: For your information, changing of ownership needs Puspakom certification. Without this certificate, JPJ will not approve your application to change ownership of your car.
Open at 8am
This post has been edited by stormchaser: May 26 2008, 05:30 PM
PUSPAKOM Inspection Procedure, Desa Tun Razak, Cheras