Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Bottom
Bump Topic Add Reply RSS Feed New Topic New Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Medical Insurance for the elderly, PRUsenior Med, any alternative?

views

roystevenung
post Sep 29 2012, 08:45 AM

Regular
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(worldangel @ Sep 29 2012, 03:04 AM)
Can I know more about this ING insurance for the elderly? I have a 63 year old father and a 56 year old mother. You can PM me to give me more details. Thank you  smile.gif
Hi, below are quotes for Prudential PRUsenior med

PRUsenior med benefits
1. Insurance premium & insurance charges WILL NOT go up by age. The premium is fixed, based on entry age.
2. More lenient underwriting, for example those with raised blood pressure but with under control for medication may be accepted.
3. Guaranteed renewal and provide medical coverage up to age 80
4. RM 200 room & board
5. No Annual Limit and with a lifetime limit of RM 225K
6. Cancer treatment & kidney dialysis as charged (subject to 10% co-insurance)
7. Final expenses RM 5K

PRUsenior med Constrains
1. Subjected to 10% co-insurance and a minimum co-insurance (depending on the plans selected) RM 3K or RM 6K. The minimum co-insurance is only applicable to the following items only. Cancer treatment & kidney dialysis is subjected to 10% and there is no minimum co-insurance.
- ICU
- Surgical fees
- Anaesthetist Fees
- In-hospital & Related Services

The Premium/year
for Father:
- RM 3,636 / year (with RM 3K co-insurance) OR
- RM 2,652 / year (with RM 6K co-insurance)

for Mother:
- RM 3,119 / year (with RM 3K co-insurance) OR
- RM 2,257 / year (with RM 6K co-insurance)

Calculation on the Premium
for Father, up to 17 years:
- RM 61,812 (with RM 3K co-insurance) OR
- RM 45,084 (with RM 6K co-insurance)

for Mother, up to 24 years:
- RM 74,856 (with RM 3K co-insurance)
- RM 54,168 (with RM 6K co-insurance)

This post has been edited by roystevenung: Sep 29 2012, 08:49 AM
HighRoller84
post Sep 29 2012, 09:21 AM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

ING sounds good with RM50 co-insurance. Prudential too pricey.
worldangel
post Sep 29 2012, 11:02 AM

Group: Newbie

QUOTE(roystevenung @ Sep 29 2012, 08:45 AM)
Hi, below are quotes for Prudential PRUsenior med

PRUsenior med benefits
1. Insurance premium & insurance charges WILL NOT go up by age. The premium is fixed, based on entry age.
2. More lenient underwriting, for example those with raised blood pressure but with under control for medication may be accepted.
3. Guaranteed renewal and provide medical coverage up to age 80
4. RM 200 room & board
5. No Annual Limit and with a lifetime limit of RM 225K
6. Cancer treatment & kidney dialysis as charged (subject to 10% co-insurance)
7. Final expenses RM 5K

PRUsenior med Constrains
1. Subjected to 10% co-insurance and a minimum co-insurance (depending on the plans selected) RM 3K or RM 6K. The minimum co-insurance is only applicable to the following items only. Cancer treatment & kidney dialysis is subjected to 10% and there is no minimum co-insurance.
- ICU
- Surgical fees
- Anaesthetist Fees
- In-hospital & Related Services

The Premium/year
for Father:
- RM 3,636 / year (with RM 3K co-insurance) OR
- RM 2,652 / year (with RM 6K co-insurance)

for Mother:
- RM 3,119 / year (with RM 3K co-insurance) OR
- RM 2,257 / year (with RM 6K co-insurance)

Calculation on the Premium
for Father, up to 17 years:
- RM 61,812 (with RM 3K co-insurance) OR
- RM 45,084 (with RM 6K co-insurance)

for Mother, up to 24 years:
- RM 74,856 (with RM 3K co-insurance)
- RM 54,168 (with RM 6K co-insurance)
Hi,

Thanks for the prompt reply. May I know if the premium can be paid monthly?

I am currently residing in Singapore while my parents are in JB. How do I go about getting the insurance for them? What kind of details are needed? Besides paying for the premium, are there any other additional charges? Pls PM me thank you smile.gif
simonlai61
post Sep 29 2012, 02:30 PM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(worldangel @ Sep 29 2012, 03:04 AM)
Can I know more about this ING insurance for the elderly? I have a 63 year old father and a 56 year old mother. You can PM me to give me more details. Thank you  smile.gif
Got your pm. Will revert ASAP. Tq

Added on September 29, 2012, 2:33 pm
QUOTE(HighRoller84 @ Sep 29 2012, 09:21 AM)
ING sounds good with RM50 co-insurance. Prudential too pricey.
Tq. Wanna quote???

This post has been edited by simonlai61: Sep 29 2012, 02:33 PM
HighRoller84
post Oct 1 2012, 03:01 PM

Getting Started

Is yours cheaper than prudential for the above same age?
What advantages u have over pru?
simonlai61
post Oct 1 2012, 04:14 PM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(HighRoller84 @ Oct 1 2012, 03:01 PM)
Is yours cheaper than prudential for the above same age?
What advantages u have over pru?
Ya. ING is cheaper in premium but will increase the premium according to age group.
Advantage is no co-insurance, higher lifetime limit...interested??
freewisefly
post Oct 2 2012, 12:12 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(simonlai61 @ Oct 1 2012, 04:14 PM)
Ya. ING is cheaper in premium but will increase the premium according to age group.
Advantage is no co-insurance, higher lifetime limit...interested??
what so special about lifetime limit vs annual limit? hmm.gif
roystevenung
post Oct 2 2012, 07:59 AM

Regular

QUOTE(freewisefly @ Oct 2 2012, 12:12 AM)
what so special about lifetime limit vs annual limit? hmm.gif
Annual limits are the total amount that one can claim (due to hospital & surgical) in a year. Suppose if the annual limit is Rm50k, the maximum amount that one can claim in an annexure / policy year is RM50k. If the chemo costs RM120k, one will need to pay the RM70k variance even though he/ she has the medical card.

Lifetime limits are the amount that can be claim per life. Any claims made may reduce the lifetime limit. Once the lifetime limit is fully utilised, the medical card will cease.

Do note that if you've utilized your lifetime limit or have substantial claims, there might be a problem to get another medical card, or do upgrade.

Having said that do review your policy to ensure that it is able to do the job for you when it needs to. Older policies with RM150K lifetime limit should be upgraded/add on a new policy.

This post has been edited by roystevenung: Oct 2 2012, 11:04 AM
simonlai61
post Oct 2 2012, 08:53 AM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(roystevenung @ Oct 2 2012, 07:59 AM)
Annual limits are the total amount that one can claim (due to hospital & surgical) in a year. Suppose if the annual limit is Rm50k, the maximum amount that one can claim in an annexure / policy year is RM50k. If the chemo costs RM100k, one will need to pay the RM40k even though he/ she has the medical card.

Lifetime limits are the amount that can be claim per life. Any claims made may reduce the lifetime limit. One the lifetime limit is fully utilised, the medical card will cease.

Having said that do review your policy to ensure that it is able to do the job for you when it needs to. Older policies with RM150K lifetime limit should be upgraded/add on a new policy.
+1. thumbup.gif
freewisefly
post Oct 2 2012, 09:12 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(roystevenung @ Oct 2 2012, 07:59 AM)
Annual limits are the total amount that one can claim (due to hospital & surgical) in a year. Suppose if the annual limit is Rm50k, the maximum amount that one can claim in an annexure / policy year is RM50k. If the chemo costs RM100k, one will need to pay the RM40k even though he/ she has the medical card.

Lifetime limits are the amount that can be claim per life. Any claims made may reduce the lifetime limit. One the lifetime limit is fully utilised, the medical card will cease.

So it means annual limits are much more important than lifetime if using your above example. That also mean that if somebody doing their claims they really cant think of their lifetime limits as only allowed certain amount per year. example. my annual limit is rm 10k and lifetime limit is rm3mil. It is useless to think about my lifetime limit as I only allowed to claim rm10k per year. If all the cost about rm50k, then I need to pay the balance rm40k, but in that time I might terminated my policy as coverage is too small for today. So what is the highest annual limits provided by insurance company? hmm.gif
roystevenung
post Oct 2 2012, 10:46 AM

Regular

QUOTE(freewisefly @ Oct 2 2012, 09:12 AM)
So it means annual limits are much more important than lifetime if using your above example. That also mean that if somebody doing their claims they really cant think of their lifetime limits as only allowed certain amount per year. example. my annual limit is rm 10k and lifetime limit is rm3mil. It is useless to think about my lifetime limit as I only allowed to claim rm10k per year. If all the cost about rm50k, then I need to pay the balance rm40k, but in that time I might terminated my policy as coverage is too small for today. So what is the highest annual limits provided by insurance company? hmm.gif
Sorry about the RM40K, it should be RM 50K instead. Typing from Tab is horrendous.

Yes, you are spot on on the annual & lifetime limit. At the moment we advise clients to have at least RM 100K as annual limit due to the high costs of treatment in a private hospital.

Currently Prudential PRUflexi med is able to offer RM 200K annual limit with RM 4M lifetime limit with no co-insurance. The lifetime limit is 20 times the annual limit. If you choose a RM 120k annual limit, the lifetime limit is RM 2.4m.
ExpZero
post Oct 2 2012, 12:48 PM

Regular

You are absolutely correct, sufficient of annual limit is equally important as lifetime limit. If one medical card provide very high lifetime limit and no coinsurance, please expect to pay at premium price as you are getting premium service. We do have annual limit of 60k, 90k, 120k, 160k, 200k annual limit with up to 10 times lifetime limit. 120k annual limit should be sufficient.
simonlai61
post Oct 2 2012, 02:11 PM

Enthusiast

Yup. You are right. With low annual limit and high lifetime limit = useless at all. ING offer the higher annual limit is RM160k with lifetime limit RM480k. Of course, no co-insurance charges as well..... rclxms.gif
freewisefly
post Oct 2 2012, 11:50 PM

Getting Started

for today, I personally think that annual limit with rm200k should be entry level but if you gonna pay up to 30 years, I guess rm300k is a minimum. I wont look much on lifetime limits cos I cant think of my lifetime limits when I am warded as I would not know how much will private hospital charge especially my favorite hospital.
simonlai61
post Oct 3 2012, 01:11 AM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(freewisefly @ Oct 2 2012, 11:50 PM)
for today, I personally think that annual limit with rm200k should be entry level but if you gonna pay up to 30 years, I guess rm300k is a minimum. I wont look much on lifetime limits cos I cant think of my lifetime limits when I am warded as I would not know how much will private hospital charge especially my favorite hospital.
Agree with u. But too low lifetime limit also quit unsave la....my personal thinking la~~~
freewisefly
post Oct 3 2012, 01:39 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(simonlai61 @ Oct 3 2012, 01:11 AM)
Agree with u. But too low lifetime limit also quit unsave la....my personal thinking la~~~
No use to get a high lifetime limit as you wont or unable sustain your policy if you finished your annual limits. Real facts in life.
Kumarayson
post Apr 9 2013, 11:03 AM

Group: Newbie

Do u want to get a medical card which is guaranteed renewal and cashless card ?PM ME..
Entry age up to 70... Can use up to age 91 and the lifetime limit is the annual limit smile.gif up to RM 5,000,000
ngbakkim
post Apr 24 2013, 03:03 AM

dear roy & amanda

allianz agent here,
currently allianz had provided the powerlink medical package that can coverage till 91 year old and max entry age for this package is 70 years old.

so roy show the link is independent product which i not so encourage.

if those interest may pm me.
Queen Vic
post May 14 2013, 03:55 PM

QUOTE(ngbakkim @ Apr 24 2013, 03:03 AM)
dear roy & amanda

allianz agent here,
currently allianz had provided the powerlink medical package that can coverage till 91 year old and max entry age for this package is 70 years old.

so roy show the link is independent product which i not so encourage.

if those interest may pm me.
i look at Allianz website, they mention the insurance coverage up til age 70 only? An error or I'm looking at the wrong one?

https://www.allianz.com.my/web/ctb/10098/10014
Swettiejenn90
post May 16 2013, 01:23 PM

Getting Started

Normally I buy insurance , I look for service! Bcos I think most of product same. Agak agak sama!

8 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Top

Bump Topic Add ReplyOptions New Topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0914sec    2.71    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 25th April 2019 - 02:37 PM