Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Tax charges at Malaysia Custom, From Singapore

views

juicyliana
post Jan 26 2016, 07:35 PM

when u think juicy, think liana
746 posts

QUOTE(temppei @ Jan 26 2016, 01:42 PM)
You guys have experience buying guitars from Singapore?

How does the tax work? gst?
if it's shipped over instead of hand carry, how are the charges and implications...

Also if it's hand carry.

thanks again
Dan
i bought my taylor from Swee Lee last month Dec 2015.

Swee Lee charged me the GST and I claimed back the GST from Changi Airport. Airasia didn't allow me to hand carry the guitar. therefore, I have to had it checked in with my luggages.

When I reached KLIA2, i collected my guitar from the oversize baggage area and casually walked passed through the Malaysian Customs. They didn't check me even though I scanned the guitar with the case through the machine.

I guess they think that the guitar is part of my personal belongings that I brought back home.
juicyliana
post Jan 27 2016, 04:55 PM

when u think juicy, think liana
746 posts

QUOTE(Everdying @ Jan 26 2016, 09:29 PM)
Malaysia customs quite relax one.
last time also they ask me got anything to declare, i just say some small musical items and they just close one eye tongue.gif

but u claim back gst means must also stay for at least 48hrs right?
I didn't stay for 48 hours. I was there on 18 Dec evening and flew back to Malaysia on 19 Dec evening. I was there about 24 hours only. But once your GST refund has approved, you will need to depart from Singapore with the goods within 12 hours. You can choose the refund either in cash or they credit into your credit card. I chose cash instead due to currency exchange purposes.

Here is the link to help those who wants to get a refund:
https://www.iras.gov.sg/IRASHome/GST/Consum...-Refund-Scheme/

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0171sec    0.36    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:04 PM