Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Gated Community (GC), Pros & Cons - Do you agree?

views

TSaaronpang
post Jul 1 2008, 02:07 PM

Cat Exterminator
1,973 posts

QUOTE(gkl83 @ Jun 30 2008, 05:49 PM)
like my house area have speed bumps, those driver slow down b4 speed bump, later speed up after speed bump, later whack the brake b4 speed bump... any differences? sweat.gif
O/T a little

Better to have speed bump than no speed bump... speed bumps are there to slow cars down and to also keep drivers alert.

The stretch in front our houses where most cars drive by my aunt sent a request to MPSJ for speed bumps to be built. Within 2 months we got a 2 new speed bumps.

The first day, several speeding drivers not paying attention on the road hit the speed bumps hard thumbup.gif we can hear them slamming on the brakes and getting BUMPED laugh.gif

If it was a long stretch of road without speed bumps, drivers won't keep an eye on the road and continue accelerating.

Also since our Taman is semi-gated there are less cars driven by non-residents looking for shortcut or passing through.

This post has been edited by aaronpang: Jul 1 2008, 02:15 PM
tinkerbel
post Jul 1 2008, 02:19 PM

Fanaddict!
Group Icon
VIP
13,469 posts

@aaronpang,
It's good NOT to allow drive-bys cause these people are usually those who speed and not care about the safety of those living in the area especially children.

I don't like speed bumps <it's so irritating> but in order to prevent unforeseen circumstances, I do agree it helps biggrin.gif

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0369sec    0.61    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 01:22 PM