Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Siri Komik Cicakman!, new release by KRU Studios

views

TSadiek13137
post May 21 2008, 09:04 PM, updated 16y ago

5 posts

KRU mempersembahkan

Siri Komik Cicakman thumbup.gif

isu pertama berada di pasaran pada bulan Mei ini. Untuk sebarang pertanyaan atau langganan icon_question.gif sila hubungi marketing@krustudios.com atau +603 4252 8566

user posted imageuser posted image

deu5
post May 21 2008, 09:11 PM

Getting Started
65 posts

wohohoh its a must buy la man, definitely gonna support malaysian product, will see what boyz from KRUStudios got to offer hehehe, all the best ... rclxms.gif
ali_boulala
post May 21 2008, 09:12 PM

Lets put a smile on that face
764 posts

aiseh.dah lama tak beli comic
cymon
post May 22 2008, 12:39 AM

digital artist regenerated
758 posts

sweat.gif sweat.gif look like marvel's daredevil only

the cover really need some detail, change or update like :
user posted image
user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

deu5
post May 22 2008, 01:21 AM

Getting Started
65 posts

not enuff man power? or budget restrain? or time limitation? hmmm many reason i guess but hey, there always room for improvement, might as well check it out first once it hit the store, hehehe
rudy�
post May 22 2008, 09:48 AM

Getting Started
66 posts

Thumbs Up! Its a good start.
s3polZ
post May 22 2008, 04:57 PM

Getting Started
286 posts

i'll find and buy it for sure..
support local comics industry
vutsi
post May 22 2008, 05:15 PM

-+#***#[OO]#***#+-
747 posts

i support all KRU products...hihi...music , movies and of coz this comic...
firedauz
post May 22 2008, 07:20 PM

Kopitiam Official Astronaut
876 posts

I would buy it if I'm back home thumbup.gif
HexPhoenix
post May 23 2008, 05:13 PM

On my way
537 posts

seriously, like a cheapo comic.

kluang man a lot better compare to this cicakman.
firedauz
post May 23 2008, 05:33 PM

Kopitiam Official Astronaut
876 posts

user posted image
Kiraneko
post May 23 2008, 05:55 PM

Getting Started
67 posts

I always thought the Cicakman idea was a joke parody of Spiderman... they were actually serious about it?

I agree that cover needs a lot of work.
balthazer
post May 23 2008, 06:33 PM

44 posts

QUOTE(cymon @ May 22 2008, 12:39 AM)
sweat.gif  sweat.gif look like marvel's daredevil only

the cover really need some detail, change or update like :
user posted image
user posted image
I agree with cymon, its very similiar to DareDevil hmm.gif . Somehow its lacking of something and i think its the rought cicak scale texture which you notice it in the movie. The comic is kinda plain and doesn't have that superhero "Uuumph" in it doh.gif . Need more "machonism" and more details into it. Even other local magazine print such as Gila-Gila and Ujang has more details in its comic.

Well, overall verdict is: Good start but need more effort
obefiend
post May 24 2008, 10:39 AM

Selamat Hari Raya Aidilluminati
863 posts

just came back from my local newsagent. Cicakman comic is a joke! my sketchbook have better drawing than this "product". why do they even print this comic in the first place? the artwork is bad. Coloring is bland and the layout is horrible!!

i will support local artist provided they produce quality stuff. why support local when its very very below par. Look at Ujang and G3. they are local production but their production value is easily 100 times better than Cicakman

seriously KRU. you can cash in on the movie but please don't sell us subpar comics. you are only wasting paper!

p/s: just sent a stronly worded email to KRU regarding this shiteous comic. LOL

This post has been edited by obefiend: May 24 2008, 10:59 AM
einstei
post May 25 2008, 02:02 AM

Casual
300 posts

QUOTE(obefiend @ May 24 2008, 10:39 AM)
just came back from my local newsagent. Cicakman comic is a joke! my sketchbook have better drawing than this "product". why do they even print this comic in the first place? the artwork is bad. Coloring is bland and the layout is horrible!!

i will support local artist provided they produce quality stuff. why support local when its very very below par. Look at Ujang and G3. they are local production but their production value is easily 100 times better than Cicakman

seriously KRU. you can cash in on the movie but please don't sell us subpar comics. you are only wasting paper!

Mind if you show us ur sketchbook obefiend? It's ok if you don't want to support it, why the flame? Can't you see it's an opportunity for ya'll artist out there? Don't get it? cool2.gif
HexPhoenix
post May 25 2008, 11:40 AM

On my way
537 posts

if they want to produce something, produce something good la. not like this. even Along alot better than this.(yeah, Along, that mathematic mascot)

i like kluang man magazine. very high quality. i heard they go bankrupt because using too high quality paper for every single page.
deu5
post May 25 2008, 07:40 PM

Getting Started
65 posts

QUOTE(obefiend @ May 24 2008, 10:39 AM)

Wow yeah .. really contructive comment you got there, can't wait to see your sketch book ... walk the talk dude, post some of your work here they might hire you .. who knows.... thumbup.gif

QUOTE(HexPhoenix @ May 25 2008, 11:40 AM)
if they want to produce something, produce something good la. not like this. even Along alot better than this.(yeah, Along, that mathematic mascot)

i like kluang man magazine. very high quality. i heard they go bankrupt because using too high quality paper for every single page.
hmmm i think probably the targeted buyer is middle schooler and primary schooler ... those kids probably don't give a damm about wheter its marvel look or malaysian look comic .. anyway i'll support it, they probably will hire better illustrator once they cash in enuff money huhuhuh ...
ghoster
post May 25 2008, 11:36 PM

I got 4 stars
641 posts

i saw this comic too. will i buy it? hm..., absolutely..., NO. not because it is malaysian made, not because of the poyo cicak actor, but because of the bad quality. i think this is just a marketing strategy to promote their upcoming cicakman movie. if they really want to do this, they should've done better. lots of local artist that can draw way way way WAY better la, seriously. but the colors is not bad la, i still can accept it, but the drawing..., haih... sad.gif it looks like 'kerja last minute' la...

i dont think they really want to make a comic in the first place, want money only la these guys. think about it, first they release a movie, then suddenly comic? usually its another way around tongue.gif

dont feed the kids with bad stuff, it'll damage their brain biggrin.gif

malu wei if we show this comic outside...

found the artist deviantart page : cicakman artist
age 21? waaaa still young.... no wonder...

This post has been edited by ghoster: May 25 2008, 11:43 PM
cymon
post May 26 2008, 02:52 AM

digital artist regenerated
758 posts

user posted image

unofficial cicakman soundtrack.
special for lowyat.net member laugh.gif
MY NAME IS CICAKMAN

tis just for fun only.
i wan to create something more detail and style to it.
i still preserve the original cicakman look wit just a little bit tweak at his suit.
just a rough sketch anywhere. laugh.gif consider cincai work sweat.gif sweat.gif
painter + photoshop wit wacom tablet.
2 hours work.

tongue.gif i really plan to do another cicakman poster after i did tis.

obefiend
post May 26 2008, 03:06 AM

Selamat Hari Raya Aidilluminati
863 posts

this is the problem with malaysian;

just because its malaysian you feel you are obligated to support the product even when it is shiteous

BE HONEST. now dont lie to me. do you seriously think the artwork is worthy of print? now don't lie ok. would you part with your hard earned money for an inferior product with really bad layouts.

why is that when i point out the truth you marah me pulak. my artwork is not superb. but u have the decency not to publish it and make people pay money for it. but does that disqulify me from stating teh fact that the Cicakman comic is a POS?

nak constructive komen macam mana lagi?

"saya rasa betulkan kaler mesti cantik" <-- lies.. even if Joe Chiodo do the colouring the lineart will stull be horrific

sometimes malaysian need a big kick in the teeth before they realise the truth. we have this culture of " menjaga hati orang" . if it is your sister ok la nak jaga hati. but this is business my friend. nothing personal. i need to say the truth about the ABJECT crappiness of the comic.

there i said it! sue me for not sugar coating, rose tinting and jaga hati-ing your hati. but sometimes truth hurts. and you need to tell the truth.

4 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0539sec    0.14    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:25 PM