Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Art & Design ARCHITECTURE IN LIMKOKWING OR TAYLORS?, suggestion pls

views

TSsironlev
post May 20 2008, 12:16 AM, updated 16y ago

9 posts

I get straight to the point..there are pros and cons doing architecture in limkokwing and taylors

Limkokwing
Pros:
-very well known for it's architecture than taylors (eg i went for counselling at sunway they recommend me go to limkokwing rather than taylors which is nearer)
-well recognized in australia since their architecture course connects with the university at australia eg. RMIT, Curtin and so on
-i compared the student showcase of limkokwing and taylors, limkokwing 1 more nicer and more creative than of taylors
-i heard the teaching at limkokwing is not spoonfeeding as in taylors (i guess)
-lots of international friends, which give u many idea and many intresting thoughts
-limkokwing campus better than taylors

Cons:
-Far from my area. if no jam 20 min. jam 2 hours
-the orang hitam...zzz
-i heard it is not recognized in PAM (Persatuan Arkitek Malaysia) but i know it is recognized in aussie la
-i know there are alot issues concerning limkokwing and there might some victims that don like limkokwing. but so far it doesnt affects me

Taylors
Pros:
-Very near to my area, 2 min of driving
-more locals, which make me feel homefeel and dont run from my chinese culture
-nearer to sunway pyramid, which can go lepak when got long breaks
-recognized by PAM, which can find a job in malaysia easily (though i don plan to stay on malaysia sleep.gif)
-super convenient

Cons:
-i heard quality wise limkokwing are better
-taylors are famous for its Alevels and SAM, not in degree courses besides business and hospitality
-DAM alot ppl dono taylors got architecture. that giving me serious doubts

As u can see both are almost balance. So i need alot of suggestions.

And im now doing foundation in built environment in limkokwing. End of the year either i stay on limkokwing or taylors, that will see all of how u guys respond biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by sironlev: May 20 2008, 12:29 AM
TSsironlev
post May 20 2008, 12:38 AM

9 posts

ya...summore architecture course has lesser blacks in it..so it doesnt really bothers me

and i know LUCT management really bad hahaha i had bad time with the bursary ppl

but the teaching at there really open u to many creative stuff lor...taylors then i dono

This post has been edited by sironlev: May 20 2008, 12:40 AM
TSsironlev
post May 20 2008, 12:50 AM

9 posts

QUOTE(azarimy @ May 20 2008, 12:45 AM)
+ LKW only have relations with curtin, and taylor's with melbourne. yang lain tu tempias aje.
+ spoonfeeding is everywhere in private architecture schools.
+ LKW international? well, a vast majority is from botswana, but sure, they're international enough.
+ and yes, LKW has better campus facilities.
+ no, LAM does not recognize any of LKW's or taylor's architecture programme. even after u get back from aussie, u still need to sit for the LAM examinations.

this is my personal opinion:

+ LKW are quickly loosing good lecturers bcoz they're too far away from KL. most practicing architects in LKW have been enticed by UCSI and taylor's. LKW do pay them more, but i think it's to keep them in LKW rather bcoz they're better.
+ several students have left LKW to join other schools. there's an ex-LKW student who tried very hard to get away from the school who eventually ended up in UTM. go ask his experience.
+ in my experience being external examiner, taylor's students are more rounded and better equipped than LKW.
...very hard decision to make......some say lkw better...some say go taylors well equipped...

somebody HELP ME
TSsironlev
post May 20 2008, 02:24 AM

9 posts

for what i know la, for me LUCT is only GOOD for it's architecture, about arts and multimedia those i dont bother much.

Though there are many bad stuff going around LUCT, still every uni and college has it's own personal pros and cons right?

As far as i know LUCT architecture is more stable and more establish, and i dont hear any complains from the faculty of architecture and built environment so far.

As for taylors they are also not bad. Taylors has lesser dirty rumours spreading around but....i was still told that LUCT architectural is still better than taylors..i dono about that so i need suggestion from students from LUCT architecture and so as from taylors to give suggestion happy.gif
TSsironlev
post May 20 2008, 08:35 PM

9 posts

oh okay..i think i sort of know what to do adi... biggrin.gif

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0356sec    0.34    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:36 AM