Hi recently I just went to Tribunal Tuntutan Pengguna Malaysia or TTPM (At level 16 above Megamall besides Legend hotel or can go to their branches via checking this link http://ttpm.kpdnhep.gov.my/portal/index.ph...d=22&Itemid=30) to made complain and claim back the money about the poor speed which is not as advertised. This suck wireless broadband company is iZZinet Sdn Bhd (www.izzi.com.my).
They advertised their speed can upto 1mbps but I always get around 100 - 250kbps although the signal strength in my area here is 100% (less than 30% of the total speed). Be carefull when they offer full money back satisfaction guarateed (all bullshit) stated in the terms and conditions as below:
1) Cancellation of service within 7 days:
- Full refund (subject to RM180 administrative charges) of service purchased. (Subscription & activation fee)
- No coverage at the place of resident or work place.
- Usage of < 3MB of download.
- Return of full set of user terminals and accessories in working conditions.
2) Cancellation of subscription on usage of UT (8 to 90 days)
- Refund of 9 months subscription (Subject to RM180 admin charge)
3) Cancellation of subscription on usage (91 to 180 days)
- Refund of 6 months subscription (subject to RM180 admin charge)
4) No refund after > 180 days.
In this tribunal I try to claim back 90% of the total purchased price but the Judge only allow me to claim back 50% of the total purchased price because of the terms and conditions above unless you don't connect to the service and use it (The problem occured after 3 months of subcription) although the account is still active then I should be able to be claimed back 90% of the total purchased price as the judge told me
As for your info I still can claim back 50% of the purchased price (Excluding the RM180 admin charge), which is already more than 180 days as stated in terms & conditions (In fact I can't get back the money after 180 days of subscription and subject to RM180 admin charge if refund as according to their terms and conditions)
Can you see how powerful this tribunal is.
My advice is pls go there and log complain if you found that the refund is not in favor to you.
The procedure is simple and straight away:
1) just describe your problem how the dissatifaction you face with your merchant whether in hand write or computer typing on a piece of paper will do and make 2 photo copies which will be attached in Borang 1.
2) Make 2 copies of all the relavant info or documents which will be attached and submitted to the tribunal.
3) Go to any TTPM branches. explain your problem to them and they will give you the Borang 1 for you to fill in your and your merchant details. Alternatively, you can print this Borang 1 at your home via their web site in PDF format. For my advice better print this form via their web site, fill in the Borang 1 and make two photo copies. (For your convenience lah).
4) Submit the completed Borang 1 and all necessary info or documents to be attached in this Borang 1.
5) Pay RM5 fees to them and they will issue the receipt as a proof of complain.
6) The TTPM will attach your info or documents submitted to them in Borang 2, which will be sent to your merchant for their record by yourself whether by hand or registered mail via Pos Malaysia (Remember to ask for AR card from Pos Malaysia as a proof of by receiving party)
7) Please read cafefully all the "Arahan Kepada Penuntut" in Borang 1 for you to understand your responsibility. If not understand or clear please ask the staff of TTPM, they are more than willing to assist you.
Lastly, "FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS, FIGHT FOR CONSUMERS RIGHTS".
Any enquiries, pls email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TTPM (Tribunal Tuntutan Pengguna Malaysia)