Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Travel Kuching, Sarawak

views

milopeng
post Jun 13 2011, 10:14 AM

13 posts

QUOTE(Cloudx @ Jun 8 2011, 10:17 PM)
Guys, I'm going to Kuching for a 5D4N trip this July 2nd.

Here's some of the attraction that I will be going.

1. Sarawak Cultural Village
2. Semenggoh Wildlife reserve
3. Sarawak Museum
4. Cat Museum
5. Damai Beach
6. Kuching town

Is there any other attractions that is worth going? It's a 5 days trip so its gonna be quite long tongue.gif
oh..you just missed the rainforest world music festival by one day.
it's a yearly event... http://rainforestmusic-borneo.com/
and the ticket price seems to be increasing every year sweat.gif

i hope u've got your accomodations all booked. Coz this time of the year is especially busy bcoz of the RWMF...and accomodation prices actually do go up this time of the year too (2 wks to 1 mth b4 & aftr the event date).

hope u have a good trip to Kch yea!! biggrin.gif
milopeng
post Jun 17 2011, 10:41 AM

13 posts

QUOTE(tishaban @ Jun 14 2011, 01:36 AM)
Sarawak Cultural Village is at least half a day or closer to a whole day event if you go through every single long house. Don't miss the actual show itself when you're roaming around the village. Well worth the visit in my opinion.

Semenggoh is maybe a 1-2 hour trip. The orangutans are amazingly agile with beautiful fur but damn the jungle is hot and humid. Try not to join the crowd, walk and just stand quietly in the jungle for a few minutes, enjoying the sounds around you.

I liked the Sarawak Museum but finished it in maybe 1 hour. Cat museum was cute but was also quick. Damai was just ok. Just walking around Kuching town was nice, it's very walkable and very clean.

Have missed the Rainforest Music festival every year since I started going to Kuching several years ago biggrin.gif Should be fun!
Yes, don't miss the show at the S'wak Cultural Village.
If i remember correctly, they only have 2 shows per day. 1 in the morning, 1 in the aftrnoon. Check the timings b4 heading there so u can plan properly smile.gif

Yea, Damai is just a beach area. So not much entertainment.
If u're up for more activities, u can choose to spend a night at Camp Permai (same locality as Damai).
It'll give you a more "rainforest/jungle" feel. They can organise kayaking, jungle hikes, BBQ, low or high rope obstacle courses. Or alternatively, u can just soak in their cooling jungle pool and laze the day away thumbup.gif
U can do a day trip too.
For prices, u'll need to check with them. I believe they have a webpage.

@tishaban - yea, the RWMF is lotsa fun, especially if u go in a group!! icon_rolleyes.gif
so even if you dont enjoy some of the music, u at least get to enjoy a great time with your frens/family! laugh.gif

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0132sec    0.20    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:34 PM