Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Travel Kuching, Sarawak

views

DannGun
post Feb 15 2009, 07:08 PM

On my way
688 posts

QUOTE(tape23 @ Feb 12 2009, 11:59 AM)
guys...im planning to go next week on the 20th...to the Damai beach resort hotel.....is it good? i wanna have the beach experience and at the same time excessable to town aswell? any suggestions?
QUOTE(Hico @ Feb 12 2009, 09:38 PM)
how far from kch to sirikian?? i also heard a lot of ppl saying the things there is very cheap..but duno how to drive there
Damai Beach Resort and Damai Puri are different. They are managed by different operators. It's good and nice, but it seems to be a normal beach to me. Water is not blue as what i want. U can use shuttle van provided by Holiday Inn hotel and it cost about Rm30(if im not mistaken)... 2days 1night stay at the resort will be enough. Nothing much to do there... And don't forget to take your dinner or lunch at Buntal. There are many seafood operator there but i like one named Teo Restaurant.
Trip from Kuching to Damai take 30-45mins. In Kuching city area, you can stay at Harbour View, Holiday Inn, Hilton, Crowne Plaza, Merdeka Palace and many more. These hotels are located in the city centre so you can walk to all those shopping centres nearby. If you want to go somewhere else, you can always use taxi or van sapu. U can wait for van sapu at bus stop, and each ride cost around Rm2.

From Kuching to Serikin, it takes about less than an hour. Yea, things are cheap there. But u have to bargain with those Indons.
DannGun
post Mar 14 2009, 05:13 PM

On my way
688 posts

QUOTE(cybersim2 @ Feb 26 2009, 09:23 PM)
Serikin market only open on weekend. The journey took about 2 hrs from Kuching to Bau then to Serikin small border town. Lots of Indon selling their handicraft there.
While Tebedu will take 3 hours drive from Kuching. Not very sure the market there coz the last time I go is 10 yrs ago tongue.gif
not that far la... serikin takes the most only 1 hr and Tebedu 1.5hrs can reach alrdy!

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0123sec    0.69    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:36 PM