29 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Travel Kuching, Sarawak

views

TSdesigner69
post May 17 2008, 09:35 AM, updated 16y ago

Getting Started
148 posts

I am bringing my family to Kuching and i never been there. I search the hotel info from cuti.com but most of them come without a photo.

Can anyone who familiar with Kuching tell me more about Kuching? and beach in Kuching?My mother prefer beach.

I found the Damai Puri Resort. will it be too far from the Kuching airport?

Please.. tell me more about Kuching's hotel and food!

Thank you!!
TEDDYpet
post May 17 2008, 10:04 AM

10 posts

yes, all the beach area in kuching is far from airport you can try the santubong resort also near beach.

food is nice there kuching laksa, mee kolo, ais kacang,sotong rojak and many other delicious foods too
magnum
post May 17 2008, 12:08 PM

On my way
586 posts

QUOTE(designer69 @ May 17 2008, 10:35 AM)
I am bringing my family to Kuching and i never been there. I search the hotel info from cuti.com but most of them come without a photo.

Can anyone who familiar with Kuching tell me more about Kuching? and beach in Kuching?My mother prefer beach.

Thank you!!
Hotels nearby beach are Damai Puri hotel, it's just renovated...and it look more like a resort now. Beside it, is Damai Beach Resort.... i'd attached the Damai Puri hotel's photos which i took during my visit last march...These hotels are ard 45min - 1 hr drive fr the kuching Interntional airport.
if you want to live in the town area, there are Harbour View Hotel, Crown Plaza Hotel and Holiday Inn Hotel.. these hotels are nearby the Kuching Water Front Area and the Golden Triangle area of Kuching.
Food, as the previous post.. Laksa is a must try food... and Kolok mee, these are the local food which u can;t find in west m'sia. tongue.gif
Welcome to Kuching.... tongue.gif

This post has been edited by magnum: May 17 2008, 12:10 PM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
b00n
post May 17 2008, 01:44 PM

delusional
Group Icon
VIP
9,137 posts

so now it had been rebranded as Damai Puri?
During my time, it's still known as Damai Lagoon....how many years was this name used?

Anyway, a word of advise. You can't possibly expect the beauty of the beach to be like Redang, Perhentian sort....
Pangkor and Cherating also slightly better.
But obviously here is better than PD by a miles league lar.....
magnum
post May 17 2008, 02:17 PM

On my way
586 posts

yes. before this year, it;s Damai Lagoon, just changed to Damai Puri.
TEDDYpet
post May 17 2008, 02:19 PM

10 posts

but all the beaches is near to nice rainforest. can go jungle trekking and got nice cultural village too.
TSdesigner69
post May 20 2008, 11:41 AM

Getting Started
148 posts

Thanks! useful info..
so... can i know if i stay in Damai Puri hotel. how long does it take to go to the town area or waterfront area?

My dad cant really travel too long, so trying to avoid it so that he wun feel too tired.
janetllc
post May 20 2008, 12:56 PM

13 posts

QUOTE(designer69 @ May 20 2008, 11:41 AM)
Thanks! useful info..
so... can i know if i stay in Damai Puri hotel. how long does it take to go to the town area or waterfront area?

My dad cant really travel too long, so trying to avoid it so that he wun feel too tired.
Its will take 45 minutes or one hour(depend on traffic) From Damai, u can have seafood at Buntal Seafood(abt 15km, 5 minutes drive), enjoy the seaside while taking meal.
tishaban
post May 20 2008, 03:00 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,615 posts

QUOTE(janetllc @ May 20 2008, 12:56 PM)
Its will take 45 minutes or one hour(depend on traffic) From Damai, u can have seafood at Buntal Seafood(abt 15km, 5 minutes drive), enjoy the seaside while taking meal.
Most of the travel is via a standard trunk road with minimal traffic. However I do agree that the beach resorts in Kuching are pretty far away from Kuching town itself. I was at Damai Puri before they rebuilt/renamed it, it's a nice resort and due to the distance, very quiet. I was there several times however, once was during a pretty bad haze week which obscured the view and spoilt my vacation.

b00n
post May 20 2008, 07:19 PM

delusional
Group Icon
VIP
9,137 posts

QUOTE(janetllc @ May 20 2008, 12:56 PM)

Is Coconut Garden still open? The one which has a little mini zoo (few cages of exotic animals) out there. The food is quite nice and reasonable priced there though I can't confirm it's halal or not. We always eat there when we are around.

magnum
post May 21 2008, 11:43 AM

On my way
586 posts

i assumed it's the Palm Garden Restaurant. yes, it's still open... just move to the one next to the maritime office....
b00n
post May 21 2008, 11:56 AM

delusional
Group Icon
VIP
9,137 posts

It's pronounced "Yeh Ling" or "Yeh Yuen" or there's actually 2? My memory is failing me now.
There's another one more nearer to the crossroad from Santubong towards Buntal..."Dolphin"...right?
Usually or rather during the old times, it's the restaurant that I mentioned with "mini zoo" that I visited. The taukeh nio very nice and friendly.
Skylinestar
post May 22 2008, 05:27 PM

Mega Duck
All Stars
10,090 posts

QUOTE(designer69 @ May 17 2008, 09:35 AM)

Thank you!!
beach is 1 hour away from the city. and u have to take taxi. are u sure u wanna stay near the beach? it's ok if u just want to visit the beach and not the city.
wctan83
post May 22 2008, 10:47 PM

Getting Started
92 posts

Damai beach is another area of kuching, you can go there for 2 days 1 nite. For kuching, there is no beach for you, or maybe you can go to Bako national park for 2 days 1 nite. Kuching, basically is hotel nearby the waterfront wil do.
razr_sped
post May 22 2008, 10:59 PM

Casual
391 posts

QUOTE(TEDDYpet @ May 17 2008, 10:04 AM)
yes, all the beach area in kuching is far from airport you can try the santubong resort also near beach.

food is nice there kuching laksa, mee kolo, ais kacang,sotong rojak and many other delicious foods too
no to forget white lady...
i kinda miss it now...
b00n
post May 23 2008, 09:23 AM

delusional
Group Icon
VIP
9,137 posts

QUOTE(razr_sped @ May 22 2008, 10:59 PM)
no to forget white lady...
i kinda miss it now...

haha....metahorn!!. who can courier it to KL?....I want Hui Sing one... brows.gif

haya
post May 23 2008, 12:38 PM

Sarawakian first!
2,011 posts

Kuching is inland, in the same way KL is quite far from the sea (or Klang, whichever floats your boat). The area around Damai Puri is called Santubong, not to be comfused with the resort of the same name.
razr_sped
post May 23 2008, 03:30 PM

Casual
391 posts

QUOTE(b00n @ May 23 2008, 09:23 AM)
haha....metahorn!!. who can courier it to KL?....I want Hui Sing one...  brows.gif
can courier kah...?...one more order here...haha
SUSvkeong
post May 23 2008, 04:37 PM

47 yr old unker
2,614 posts

i stayed in damai beach.. got free shuttle bus to kuching daily.. but it's damn far.. 45 minutes
*devilelle*
post May 27 2008, 09:59 AM

Im aint Me
767 posts

QUOTE(magnum @ May 17 2008, 12:08 PM)
Hotels nearby beach are Damai Puri hotel, it's just renovated...and it look more like a resort now. Beside it, is Damai Beach Resort.... i'd attached the Damai Puri hotel's photos which i took during my visit last march...These hotels are ard 45min - 1 hr drive fr the kuching Interntional airport.
if you want to live in the town area, there are Harbour View Hotel, Crown Plaza Hotel and Holiday Inn Hotel.. these hotels are nearby the Kuching Water Front Area and the Golden Triangle area of Kuching.
Food, as the previous post.. Laksa is a must try food... and Kolok mee, these are the local food which u can;t find in west m'sia. tongue.gif
Welcome to Kuching.... tongue.gif
stayed here before... i love the beach....
actually kuching isnt near beach but then if you spend almost 1 hour drive to those place
the beach is beautiful thumbup.gif

29 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0179sec    0.11    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:26 AM