Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Grass eating club! Come join, What r u saving up for?what equipment? (Photography)

views

empire23
post May 14 2008, 10:19 PM

Team Island Hopper
Group Icon
Staff
9,417 posts

Eating Grass to pay for new tripod, a Gitzo GT3540 and a really right stuff ball head. Many chickens must be slaugtered after my exams to make up for this
empire23
post May 14 2008, 10:31 PM

Team Island Hopper
Group Icon
Staff
9,417 posts

QUOTE(Ahmike @ May 14 2008, 10:20 PM)
How much is this tripod?

2.3 for the tripod and a good 1.2 for the head.

I hope i get more shifts.
empire23
post May 14 2008, 10:41 PM

Team Island Hopper
Group Icon
Staff
9,417 posts

QUOTE(TheVoIP @ May 14 2008, 10:32 PM)
You are so $$$$

notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif
17.5 an hour tax deducted brows.gif. And that's not Maraysian monies.

Photography gigs are paid here at 1k AUD per session without binding and printing, just picture taking, but of course sitting in church and being the only muslim is bound to be uncomfortable.
empire23
post May 15 2008, 11:02 AM

Team Island Hopper
Group Icon
Staff
9,417 posts

QUOTE(xandman @ May 15 2008, 07:22 AM)
empire23...
i wonder...
ur taste and mine is similar...
i m saving for a GT3530 + RRS BH-55 + RRS D3 L-bracket...
wise ppl do think alike! brows.gif

and u r a muslim?
i din know that!  tongue.gif

i m also saving up to get the entire ZF line up! brows.gif except the 50 1.4...
no more nikkors for me...

or maybe a hasselblad 503 CW + winder....
depends on which poisons stronger!
Hurr, i wan newer tripod setup as i start my foray into "stealth" strobing which involves hidden flashes to light up street shots remotely. Necessary evil, and my old 804RC head is getting extremely hard to setup due to the weight and the 3 way design.

Yesh, I am Muslim and it seems that Aussies think my name is awesome due to it's length. Mohd Syafiq Aizat bin Mohd Yusof Manan. My new Ostolia name is Syafiq A Yusof. Although they still get it wrong, calling me Syefiq, Fyefiq, Syarfeek and other wrongly understood names. It isn't too bad though, even my father can't spell my name anyways .

Haha, the only ZF i have is the 50mm 1.4, nearly all my close shots are done with 50mm. The lense is as sharp as knife and the details are seriously awesome. Also have the Summicron and L in my 50mm arsenal, probably will just get more 50mm lenses.

Me no go MF, i prefer SLRs for my general work and for my focus area i lean towards rangefinders. No hassies, leafs or fujis for me, unless someone finds a way to cram them into the size of a 5D or something tongue.gif

This post has been edited by empire23: May 15 2008, 03:35 PM
empire23
post May 16 2008, 11:46 AM

Team Island Hopper
Group Icon
Staff
9,417 posts

QUOTE(xandman @ May 16 2008, 11:40 AM)
some brows.gif project...
voip in?
Can i join too? I oso wan money.
empire23
post May 20 2008, 11:51 AM

Team Island Hopper
Group Icon
Staff
9,417 posts

Screw tripod. Change of plans. Now eat grass for new stuff.

Now must get good pair of hiking boots from Timberland or Adidas, nice fitting gloves, a few pairs of breathable socks and maybe some tough milsurp fatigues.
empire23
post May 22 2008, 11:51 AM

Team Island Hopper
Group Icon
Staff
9,417 posts

IIRC from the various charts i've seen Nikon's 70-200 2.8 is primarily optimized for a crop body (seemed like the smarter choice before the coming of the D3 due to the D2's sensor), and the Canon's version for FF. (it was released before the 1Ds Mark II IIRC)

I think given time, Nikon will reoptimize the 70-200 for FF.
empire23
post May 22 2008, 12:05 PM

Team Island Hopper
Group Icon
Staff
9,417 posts

QUOTE(xandman @ May 22 2008, 11:55 AM)
yup quite true...
there were no FF during the 70-200 introduction..
and yes i hope to see the FF optimized 70-200 VR N...soon...=)
As a plus point you can laff at Canonians using the 70-200 on a crop body tongue.gif

Make them feel like shit after they've put down 6k ringgits for the lense....haahhaha.
empire23
post May 22 2008, 04:54 PM

Team Island Hopper
Group Icon
Staff
9,417 posts

QUOTE(ifer @ May 22 2008, 03:25 PM)
so between you and him, who peed furthest?
or whose is bigger?  wink.gif
There's no contest. I obviously win the gear slut competition. Just took my 1Ds Mark III for it's first spin. I can pee further than a Lapua .338 can fly and my barrel is a good 4 feet long with a suppressor at the end for added bling brows.gif

LOL. Anyways that reminds me, i got some pointers from the lazy bustards at the art faculty and have gained a better eye for item positioning and subliminal messaging, creative use of inanimate objects and directionality.

Lazy to post in gallery, so here's my first try lol. Personally the dumbest piece of art i've ever come across but i didn't have much to work with and it was generally done after i felt hungry and wanted to bugger off home.

I call it, "the Lonely Tripod"

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

empire23
post Mar 2 2009, 09:05 PM

Team Island Hopper
Group Icon
Staff
9,417 posts

Saving for either a Leica M7 or a new Steyr with good glass on either one. Argubly the Leica would cost me more and not allow me to amok tho. Anyone here develop BW film at home? Any tips?

Choices, choices. But i did rompak an L-lense from a friend of mine, so +1 to my collection.
empire23
post Mar 3 2009, 12:09 PM

Team Island Hopper
Group Icon
Staff
9,417 posts

QUOTE(ifer @ Mar 3 2009, 11:52 AM)
i do. or i used to do. heck, i used to teach people doing it.
how can i help?
Nice nice, have actually a few questions, even after watching all the jewtube videos

i realize that there are generally 3 steps,

Development, fixing and cleaning,

1) You get bag, put film in, pull it out in bag and put it into loader. Put loader into tank. Close dev tank.

2) Add development chemical (question : i've seen people pour warm water in before this, do it or not?)

3) Shake for a specific amount of seconds (question : Really that specific? Some dudes, shake once and leave, some shake once a minutes? Which is better?)

4) Wait for a specific amount of time (Question : I know the development time influences the exposure, but how accurate must you be in regards to this? How much variance for say +0.5EV? on sat Ilfrord Delta 3200? Is it calculatable?)

5) Drain tank

6) Now i've seen different people do it differently, but some either use acid or water for the stop bath, i'm not really sure which is best and what each version does.

7) Add fixer. No questions here.

8) Add Cleaner and Wash (Question : some guides don't mention the cleaner and just the wash? How Essential is this?)

9) Add wetting agent? Erm, 100 percent tak tau anything about this part.

10) Dry and enjoice.
empire23
post Mar 3 2009, 05:53 PM

Team Island Hopper
Group Icon
Staff
9,417 posts

^ Wish i could take you up on your offer lol, but it's gonna be a long time before i come back.

But thanks for the tips, atleast i can shape my plans a little clearer now.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0331sec    0.17    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 15th August 2022 - 03:11 AM