Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Engineering UTP VS UTM VS UM which one is better?, Which one is better for engineering?

views

ra7v
post Sep 6 2010, 05:59 PM

32 posts

It doesn't matter which uni you got to coz it all depends on YOU. I know people who go to unraked "ciplak" colleges (no offence) still come out tops and work really well in the industry and manage to secure jobs and be successful in what they do. i know idiots (no offence again) who come out from top ranking unis and still end up jobless.

I believe that what you learn in uni is nothing compared to what you're gonna do in real life. Uni is just a transition place for you to grow and mature, a place where you learn the reality of teamwork and hardwork, a place that prepares you for the job world.

I'm just applying like 1% of the knowledge i learnt in classes in uni. i joined the workforce and i had to learn everything from scratch. but it was easy coz i've been conditioned to do this for 5 years already, learn new stuff from scratch every semester.

Btw, i'm from UTP and it is not true that all UTP students get to work with Petronas. Petronas does not hire exclusively from UTP, they're very picky about who they choose so how well you do in the interviews is very important. UTP is a bit new to the uni scene so it ranks quite far down if compared to older more established unis like UTM and UM.

I say just choose a uni you can afford or get scholarship from and follow your ambition. Be a good boy/girl, have fun and don't waste your youth, make friends, be active, work in teams, be outstanding, don't fail your exams, and get your degree. A degree is just your ticket into the working stage which is a whole new ball game altogether.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0166sec    0.57    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:13 PM