Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Engineering UTP VS UTM VS UM which one is better?, Which one is better for engineering?

views

buzzler
post Jul 18 2008, 09:50 AM

7 posts

QUOTE(destroyer @ May 8 2008, 11:17 AM)
without petronas, utp is just a normal ipts. because most graduates manages to secure job with petronas, that why statistic shows most of their graduates manage to secure job within 6months after graduate.
for engineering, UTM is more well known and reputable U. I've been there many times, and I can say that the facilities is 1st class. moreover, they haveĀ  you can stay in the hostel from 1st year till final year. not to mention reasonable fees.

gor UM, their engineering is not famous. they are more famous in science and medical.

seriously, if you wanna work in the O&G industry, go UTP.
i reckon that your statistics is based on the number of Petronas Scholars who are absored into that org right after their graduation. it is a must for all petronas scholars to attend job interview after their graduation. this is where your statistics come into play because most of them are absord into petronas and its subsidiaries. others got into it and engineering field, while some of them got into grad school. utp is best known for its electrical and chemical engineering program and just about 2 years ago utp introduced petroleum engineering when not many unis in malaysia offer that program. in near future, utp will offer a program in geoscience. i'd say if you guys out there are into engineering, opt for utp or utm.

utp is beyond doubt new, entering its 10th anniversary last year. we can't compare utp with those unis that are already several decades old and most of the ranking methodology are biased to each other. no single ranking can gauge utp actual credibility and quality.

tq.

This post has been edited by buzzler: Jul 18 2008, 09:54 AM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0105sec    0.41    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:57 PM