Movies DC Presents: WONDER WOMAN, Status: Movie = YES! | TV Series = Maybe

views

TSfiredauz
post Apr 23 2008, 05:02 AM, updated 10y ago

Kopitiam Official Astronaut
876 posts

user posted image

Source: http://www.thebadandugly.com/2008/04/21/wo...-writers-boobs/

The Wonder Woman movie that was going to be made is supposedly still going to be made even after Joss Whedon was unable to get the gears turning while it was under his wing.

Writers Matthew Jennison and Brent Strickland previously submitted a Wonder Woman spec script that was set during World War II to much buzz amongst the superhero property industry. Apparently the script got around, because Joel Silver is now talking these two up as the writers on the project.

More accurately, these are the guys keeping Wonder Woman alive.

Silver said the story no longer has anything to do with WWII, nor is it an origin story. He mentioned something "about Paradise Island and her background." Then basically shut up.

Silver was equally unhelpful when pressed about a director, saying that there wasn't one, but "Andy Wachowski had an idea on how to open the Wonder Woman film." Once again, clammed up after that one.

Good to see the good ole invisible jet might be making a comeback.

May we suggest 3d boobs?

This post has been edited by firedauz: Oct 16 2014, 01:00 AM
Polaris
post Apr 23 2008, 05:40 AM

Trust Fund Baby
2,850 posts

So who's the actress? Scarlett Johansson?
ccl9n
post Apr 23 2008, 06:06 AM

Getting Started
232 posts

WONDER WOMEN , SHOULD BE OUR MOM.
iori
post Apr 25 2008, 01:35 AM

Getting Started
253 posts

look nice, when the movie coming out.....
TSfiredauz
post Aug 7 2008, 03:04 PM

876 posts

Trailer is out!

Warner Home Video has supplied us with the trailer for the February 2009 release, Wonder Woman, coming to Blu-ray, DVD and On Demand.

On the mystical island of Themyscira, a proud and fierce warrior race of Amazons have raised a daughter of untold beauty, grace and strength – Princess Diana. When an Army fighter pilot, Steve Trevor, crash-lands on the island, the rebellious and headstrong Diana defies Amazonian law by accompanying Trevor back to civilization. Meanwhile, Ares (the god of War) has escaped his imprisonment at the hands of the Amazonians and has decided to exact his revenge - intending to start a world war that will not only last for centuries – but will wipe out every living being on the planet, starting with the Amazons! It is up to Princess Diana to save her people and the world – by using her gifts and becoming the ultimate Wonder Woman!

The film features the voices of Keri Russell as Wonder Woman, Nathan Fillion as Steve Trevor, Virginia Madsen as Hypolyta, Oliver Platt as Hades, David McCallum as Zeus, Alfred Molina as Ares, and Rosario Dawson as Artemis.
otroman
post Aug 7 2008, 04:16 PM

On my way
504 posts

The only problem with a WonderWoman movie I think is her costume...no one, and I mean no respectable crime-fighter would be wearing her skimpy little thing...unless she was undercover as a dominatrix. The star-spangled leotard, the shiny WW breast-plate, the tiara! It'd have to be a bit campy...okay, alot campy to pull off her jumping around in broad-daylight with boobs a jiggling and ass a bubbling. She'd just have to show up and crime would stop I think, especially if the criminals were men... The costume is just too revealing I think...

Who to play WonderWoman...well, I still think Lucy Lawless would be good but she may be too old already... Other than that I can't think of anyone just yet...
RyanAtwood
post Aug 7 2008, 09:32 PM

Getting Started
212 posts

Kate beckinsale!!!!Jessica biel!!!!!
samftrmd
post Aug 9 2008, 04:34 PM

Interface 2037
1,588 posts

Sure got ban in Banlaysia
mitodna
post Aug 9 2008, 07:27 PM

Getting Started
All Stars
14,033 posts

Halle berry, angelina jolie
FamousLastWords
post Aug 9 2008, 07:30 PM

On my way
928 posts

QUOTE(samftrmd @ Aug 9 2008, 04:34 PM)
Sure got ban in Banlaysia
i don't think they will ban an animated movie

This post has been edited by FamousLastWords: Aug 9 2008, 07:30 PM
kobe8byrant
post Aug 9 2008, 09:01 PM

I'm too old for this stuff
All Stars
12,275 posts

Suggests Megan Fox
Calvin871989
post Sep 12 2008, 04:00 AM

Im Batman
1,256 posts

http://splashpage.mtv.com/2008/09/10/the-w...-missing-movie/

The Wachowskis On ‘Wonder Woman’? We Investigate The Latest On Princess Diana’s Missing Movie

user posted image

Since there is no Justice (League) anymore in the movie world, let’s do a little check in with its members’ solo missions. Warner Bros. has summoned “Dark Knight” Director Christopher Nolan for a third box-office booty call (he has yet to holla back) and the company’s president voiced his intent to launch a “Dark Knight”-y Superman — even if that does mean potentially mixing nerd-lore metaphors.

But what’s up with Wonder Woman?

“We’re waiting for the script to come in,” says producer Leonard Goldberg (”Charlie’s Angels”), who’s working on the film alongside Joel Silver.

And Hera help them, indeed: Goldberg has been trying to get a “Wonder Woman” film to take flight since the ’70s when he and then-business partner Aaron Spelling tried to lasso in Raquel Welch for the lead.

More recently, writer-director Joss Whedon (”Buffy the Vampire Slayer”), who never delivered a finished script, quit the project after Silver purchased a rival, WWII-centered script drafted by unknowns Matthew Jennison and Matt Strickland. (Whedon ultimately cited a difference in vision as the sticking point — but before he departed, he spoke with MTV about his vision for the project.)

“We’ve tried that route. We’ve had a writer-director work on it,” said Goldberg, who declined to comment specifically on the Whedon dustup. “But I’m old school. When we have a script to present to directors, we’ll sit down with them and see who has a take that blows us away.”

One rumored possibility: the Wachowski brothers (”The Matrix,” “Speed Racer”). “At one time, Joel [Silver] said they might have an idea. But they got diverted to another project [and] never followed through,” he said, before adding, “There may come a time when they will be focused on ‘Wonder Woman’ and may come up with whatever their take on it was. They’re certainly very talented guys. Their vision for movies — whether they’re successful or not — is always singular.”

For the time-being, Goldberg won’t go into details about the notes he and Silver gave to the Jennison/Strickland brain trust for “Wonder Woman’s” second draft — but he will discuss his broad expectations. “I can only speak for myself.… I would like it to be more current,” said Goldberg. “I hope that we don’t finally wind up doing the same story again: Steve Trevor flying, and his plane crashes onto the island [of Themyscira, Wonder Woman’s matriarchal homeland]. He’s supposed to be executed, and she saves his life. Perhaps we’ll do that in a very abbreviated fashion up front, and then come up with a story that no one has seen yet.”

And don’t expect this fetching heroine to be overtly sexed up, either: “Originally, a friend of mine sent me the initial copy of Ms. Magazine. On the cover was Wonder Woman, which got me to thinking about what an iconic figure she was for women,” he recalled. “So I don’t see any reason to do it. That separates her from Catwoman.”

Goldberg claims he and Silver haven’t started discussing the lucky lass who’ll play the super-powered Amazon royal, but notes, “I would go with a right unknown. People are not, in my opinion, going to come [to the theater] for the actress. They’re going to come for Wonder Woman.”

And just when can we come to see her? “I wanted it to be released in 1983,” he joked, without committing to a big-screen date in this century. So for the time being, fans of spangled leotard-tiara combos will just have to sit tight with the Wonder Woman animated movie, out February 2009.

Calvin871989
post Nov 5 2008, 06:26 PM

Im Batman
1,256 posts

http://www.joblo.com/fox-not-wonder-woman

Fox NOT Wonder Woman

user posted image

While the idea of Megan Fox starring as Wonder Woman is an intriguing idea worthy of debate, it's not happening. The rumors started last week when a site popped up online with the URL www.wonder-who.com. The conceit being that an image would slowly be revealed to a major announcement. That reveal and announcement came yesterday as said mysterious image was revealed to be an image of Megan Fox as Wonder Woman. While it's an admirably done Photoshop of Fox in costume - and I can certainly appreciate the skills of the artist and the desire to see Megan Fox dressed as Diana, Princess of the Amazons - it's a total fake. Relax yourself fanboys, the tattooed one will not be starring in WONDER WOMAN. A Warner Bros. rep (whose logo you see pasted to the bottom of this poster) confirmed the site and it's contents are "complete BS."

So Fox isn't Wonder Woman but would she have made a good Wonder Woman? I'm inclined to believe that no; she's too young, too skinny and too one-note as an actress to carry the film. Yet we still, as a fanboy nation have yet to come to a consensus as to who would make the best Wonder Woman on film. Please leave your suggestions below but beware, the first person to suggest Charisma Carpenter is getting smacked.

JonSpark
post Nov 5 2008, 07:26 PM

ai shiteru
4,825 posts

We are living in america, america, america,
We are living in america, coca-cola, wonderbra!

Kate Beck as Wonderwimmin for teh win!!!
farique
post Nov 6 2008, 07:21 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,147 posts

but damn, fox looks good in that costume.
picado
post Nov 6 2008, 11:05 AM

Getting Started
80 posts

I will vote Whoopi Goldberg for Wonder Woman.... cool2.gif
cryme
post Nov 6 2008, 11:21 AM

Getting Started
129 posts

Oprah
Calvin871989
post Nov 10 2008, 03:04 PM

Im Batman
1,256 posts

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/herocomple...c-wants-to.html

Beyonce wants to lasso the role of Wonder Woman

user posted imageuser posted image

Beyoncé is ready for an Amazon-sized challenge -- the pop superstar wants to be the first actress to wear Wonder Woman's famed red, white and blue bathing suit on the silver screen.

"I want to do a superhero movie and what would be better than Wonder Woman? It would be great. And it would be a very bold choice. A black Wonder Woman would be a powerful thing. It's time for that, right?"

Beyoncé says that she has met with representatives of DC Comics and Warner Bros. to express her interest in a major role in one of the many comic-book adaptations now in the pipeline following the massive success of "The Dark Knight," "Iron Man" and the "Spider-Man" and "X-Men" franchises. Beyoncé's acting to career to date has included a comedic role in "Austin Powers in Goldmember" and two notable music world roles, the first as a quasi-Diana Ross character in "Dreamgirls" and as the defiant and heroin-addicted Etta James in the upcoming "Cadillac Records."

"After doing these roles that were so emotional I was thinking  to myself, 'OK, I need to be a superhero,'" Beyoncé told me this week when I met her for an interview in a suite atop the Rivington Hotel in New York. "Although, when you think about the psychology of the heroes in the films these days, they are still a lot of work, of course, and emotional. But there's also an action element that I would enjoy."

user posted image

The recent success of sophisticated comic-book adaptations is the main reason for Beyoncé's interest, she said, but her focus on Wonder Woman was intensified earlier this year when she saw Lynda Carter's costume from the 1970s television show on display at the Costume Institute’s “Superhero” show at the Metropolitan Museum of Art. Beyoncé is in amazing shape right now (she had gained more than 20 pounds for the James role and came back from that leaner than before), but she said the Wonder Woman costume is an unforgiving one.

"I would definitely have to keep it right for that costume. The way that Lynda Carter wore it, she was sooo fine. She was amazing. I saw her costume at the Met. Her waist was unbelievable. It was pretty crazy, actually, her proportions. But I love Wonder Woman and it'd be a dream come true to be that character. It sure would be handy to have that lasso. To make everybody tell the truth? I need that. It would come in very handy."

The 27-year-old Houston native also recently finished work on the Scott Shill thriller "Obsessed" and, in her role as a woman whose husband is being stalked, she got her first experience with a staging a brawl for the camera.

user posted image

"I play a wife fighting for her family and I have this big, big fighting scene with Ali Larter, who is an incredible actress. It took us days just to film it. I had my boots on and, wow, I got into it. So I really want that now. Now I have to do an action film. It's like dancing and choreography. And the superhero movies now, they're not corny, not corny at all, so that's what I want to do. And I would love if it could be Wonder Woman."

It''s not clear if anyone will be able to deliver a Wonder Woman project anytime soon, however. The heroine, who debuted in 1941, is by far the most iconic superhero who has yet to reach theaters. Superman, Batman, Spider-Man, Hulk and the Fantastic Four have all had multiple bites at the Hollywood apple and Captain America and Captain Marvel, both of whom were featured in 1940s serials, have adaptations now in the pipeline, as do Thor, Flash and Green Lantern.

"Catwoman" and "Elektra" both fizzled at the box office, which certainly didn't help the cause of female costumed characters as properties. In 2005, Warner Bros. announced with some fanfare that Joss Whedon of "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" fame would bring the pride of Paradise Island to the screen but even his considerable affinity for strong female characters didn't help him deliver a script that stirred studio chiefs. Still, earlier this year Warner president Jeff Robinov said that a solo Wonder Woman project remains one of the studio's future plans as it mines the DC library.

If not Wonder Woman, what other character, either Marvel or DC, could Beyoncé want to portray? With a laugh, she said: "I'm open to suggestions!"

Well, anyone?

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Beyonce-Dre...oman-10813.html

Beyonce Dreams Of Wonder Woman

user posted image

That Wonder Woman movie keeps popping up occasionally, subject to fanboy ruminations of who should be handling the film (put it back in Joss Whedon’s hands!) and who should be wearing the costume (Megan Fox would be fine by me). A new actress would like fans to add her name to their wish list - musician Beyonce Knowles told the L.A. Times she’s very interested in playing the amazing amazon.

Through an interview, Beyonce said she’s actually met with representatives from both DC Comics and Warner Brothers to discuss an interest in putting on spandex of some sort. With lots of different comic book adaptations on the horizon, that sounds pretty reasonable, but Wonder Woman is setting awfully lofty aspirations, isn’t it? Especially for an actress who has barely cut her teeth in filmmaking, and very little of that being as demanding physically as a role like Wonder Woman would be.

My skepticism isn’t just due to the notion of the musician turned actress taking such a hefty role. Let’s be honest - female superheroes haven’t exactly done well in movies anyway. Catwoman? Elektra? Hell, X-Men 3 managed to take solid characters and ruin them rather effectively, so anyone stepping into Wonder Woman’s costume would be fighting an uphill battle.

Still, Beyonce sounds excited about the possibilities, even if they are only in her own head right now: ”I love Wonder Woman and it'd be a dream come true to be that character. It sure would be handy to have that lasso. To make everybody tell the truth? I need that. It would come in very handy."

Calvin871989
post Nov 11 2008, 04:44 AM

Im Batman
1,256 posts

http://www.joblo.com/mcg-for-wonder

McG for Wonder?

user posted image

The big news of the day is, of course, that JURASSIC PARK III and THE WOLFMAN director Joe Johnston has signed on to direct the patriotic adventures of Steve Rogers in FIRST AVENGER: CAPTAIN AMERICA, but word also comes today, via the cool peeps at the IESB, that the long gestating WONDER WOMAN adaptation may have also found a director and it's none other than the ridiculously named McG. McG is currently knee deep in robots with the upcoming TERMINATOR SALVATION but apparently, the guy's been jonesing to take on a superhero project and, seeing as how SALVATION is garnering some surprisingly good early buzz, DC may just be inclined to let him have the golden lasso wielding Amazonian princess. Thoughts?

Extra Tidbit: If McG does sign on to direct, Megan Fox as Wonder Woman just became a very real possibility.

TSfiredauz
post Jun 16 2010, 09:29 PM

876 posts

Sauce: http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles...on-wonder-woman
Nicolas Winding Refn Gives His Take on Wonder Woman

user posted image

While DC Entertainment gears up for their attempts at bringing some of the DC Comics heroes to the screen, some for the very first time, one of the characters that's been somewhat neglected so far is Wonder Woman. While there have been a number of attempts over the years with Joel Silver and Joss Whedon trying to make that movie work, the Amazon powerhouse has repeatedly been put on the backburner in favor of more movies starring Batman or Superman.

A few weeks back, Danish filmmaker Nicholas Winding Refn, who has build himself a cult fanbase with movies like "The Pusher Trilogy" and last year's Bronson, told the BBC that he may be interested in making a Wonder Woman movie. As is often the case, it wasn't exactly newsworthy at the time.

Regardless, he reiterated his earlier interest to Movieline, saying:

Wonder Woman, I really want to make. That, I’m hoping, will be my $200 million extravaganza — if I even get close to it. That’s why I say, “Well, let me go make Drive; me start the ball rolling within the system.”

With some urging, he discussed what he thought would be an interesting way into the character:

The real origin of Wonder Woman is: What if women were more powerful than men? What would the world be like? That's a subliminal theme.

I think that when Christopher Nolan did the Batman movies, I think he very cleverly went back to the source material and took themes that had maybe not been exercised. And he was able to make very good and successful films with them. So I think the audience is very much out there. It’s just how you do it. And I think that some of the films that have worked over the years have worked for different reasons than people sometimes think they do.

And where Wonder Woman on one hand is a great female character who can be included in many great fight scenes, she doesn’t have great villains against her.  OK,  so you create some. She doesn’t have a Joker or those classic Batman kinds of guys. But she does have her whole world that she comes from, which is fascinating. The whole idea of a woman who is basically more powerful than any man — and who will always be that, and comes from a society of women who are more powerful than men — is an interesting theme that I think can be very contemporary.

22 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0198sec    0.51    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 11:54 AM