Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump TopicClosed TopicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> vista sp1 slow streamyx connection, this is bad (Streamyx)

gocke55014
post Apr 19 2008, 02:19 PM, updated 11y ago

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

gurus.. i need help.. ive just downloaded SP1 for my vista yesterday and after that my streamyx connection went terribly slow,. download at 1-2 kBps and cannot surf at all.. i have ubuntu installed too and ive tried that with my streamyx and it seems to be working just fine.. my other pc using xp sp2 is also fine... the one with the problem is only vista SP1.... can anyone suggest a solution for this please...
OKLY
post Apr 19 2008, 02:21 PM

The Penguin Vader
Group Icon
Group: Staff

QUOTE(gocke55014 @ Apr 19 2008, 02:19 PM)
gurus.. i need help.. ive just downloaded SP1 for my vista yesterday and after that my streamyx connection went terribly slow,. download at 1-2 kBps and cannot surf at all.. i have ubuntu installed too and ive tried that with my streamyx and it seems to be working just fine.. my other pc using xp sp2 is also fine... the one with the problem is only vista SP1.... can anyone suggest a solution for this please...
Now this is weird, how about doing some simple checks like firewall and so on since your Ubuntu had no problems.
vinoth
post Apr 19 2008, 02:34 PM

Getting Started

yup...im experiencing the same problem too.... cry.gif
gundamseedw
post Apr 19 2008, 04:01 PM

Getting Started

what downloads ? direct download or bt ? the SP1 includes a new version of tcpip.sys which cap the half open connection to 5 or 10.

u might have to download the patch for tcpip.sys to change the limitation of half open connecton
gocke55014
post Apr 20 2008, 08:50 AM

Getting Started

ive googled around and found no suitable solution for this... eventhough there's a workaround for the tcpip.sys thing but it still wont solve it.. theres also a suggestion of doing a fresh install again for vista n only then apply the SP1. n that will require LOTS of work..
maybe its because of the incompatibility with some other softwares installed...
im done with SP1... uninstalled it last night.. n back to the no-sp version... much better now..

Added on May 10, 2008, 4:18 pmsorry.. forgot about this topic already.. problem solved.. uninstalled SP1 n then installed it again. and voila... it worked!!!>. its a bit faster now compared to RTM

This post has been edited by gocke55014: May 10 2008, 04:18 PM

Bump TopicClosed TopicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0560sec    4.02    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 22nd September 2018 - 04:01 PM