Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Linux Training, I am looking for Linux Training...

views

TSsunsuron
post Apr 18 2008, 06:57 PM, updated 14y ago

Regular
1,334 posts

I am looking for linux training. I am a web developer (PHP/MySQL) and quite comfortable to say I know basic linux administrations as well. How basic you may ask, are limited to installation and configuration of Apache, MySQL and PHP for Linux plus the usual rm, cp, mv, ls, ps, w, df, vim, pico, su, vnc, service, yum commands. Most of the time, IRC and google are places I'll go for help if there is something beyond my expertise. I am looking any training that provide advance topic in the sense of 'linux as a server' including installation, upgrading, softwares configuration, security, networking and shell scripting around KL or PJ. I appreciate any suggestions.
bumpo
post Jul 29 2020, 08:59 AM

On my way
628 posts

linux family comes in many flavors
so when you say you want some formal/classroom training, you need to be specific on which one
typically the one with backing from some commercial entity will have training certifications via their partners e.g redhat
got a few in klangvalley offering it. some are inhouse course and some are directly linked to redhat. you can pick your poison
jbcoder
post Jul 29 2020, 10:09 AM

On my way
520 posts

Got an influx of spammers recently who just fire and forget.
FlierMate
post Oct 13 2021, 09:23 PM

Casual
348 posts

I am learning Linux recently and to my surprise, FreeBSD and OpenBSD are Unix-based, not Linux.

Found an interesting command in Linux: file <filename>
I don't think there is any similar built-in command in Windows.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0149sec    0.21    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 24th October 2021 - 05:03 AM