Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

12 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Baronic's PDA games recommendations, UPDATED: Pocket UFO (freeware)

views

bububang
post Apr 22 2008, 10:03 PM

Regular
1,739 posts

Can review some game like digimon, tamagotchi, virtual pet game? Just for raising or battle tru wifi or bluetooth drool.gif
dadarouch
post Apr 22 2008, 10:54 PM

(´;ω;`)
Group Icon
VIP
2,920 posts

Oh.. pardon my previous post.. i 4gotten ur using a tytn II now bro baron.. sry sry.. my mistake.. but the MorphGear can change to landscape la
Dante18
post Apr 22 2008, 11:01 PM

Casual
372 posts

nice thread man....but i dont have pda. Just iphone.
Krools
post Apr 24 2008, 04:10 PM

Getting Started
189 posts

QUOTE(Baronic @ Apr 22 2008, 09:58 AM)
hmmm, i take it those are soccer games? unfortunately the BEST soccer game for ppc is the old FIFA 2002! Its damn old, and there are newer soccer games, but i feel nothing beats the gameplay of FIFA 2002. do u want a review ?
sure...

damn... there nothing in soccer game sad.gif
bububang
post Apr 24 2008, 06:57 PM

Regular
1,739 posts

QUOTE(Dante18 @ Apr 22 2008, 11:01 PM)
nice thread man....but i dont have pda. Just iphone.
iphone also is a pda, just its different OS..
dadarouch
post Apr 24 2008, 07:18 PM

(´;ω;`)
Group Icon
VIP
2,920 posts

i dont think it is.. its a categorized as a phone.. if u say that it has Wifi and a touch screen.. normal phone too have those functions nowadays.. PDAs are gadgets which are just like ur PC.. but its only smaller in size.. smile.gif
enCORe
post Apr 24 2008, 08:25 PM

Gadget lovers
5,301 posts

imo; iphone till can be categorize as PDA like Symbian UIQ platform, but its function doesnt attract me much as Window Mobile PDA
dadarouch
post Apr 24 2008, 09:00 PM

(´;ω;`)
Group Icon
VIP
2,920 posts

but arent symbians under the smartphone category?
bububang
post Apr 25 2008, 12:55 AM

Regular
1,739 posts

QUOTE(dadarouch @ Apr 24 2008, 09:00 PM)
but arent symbians under the smartphone category?
Symbian < smartphone
Symbian UIQ < PDA
TSBaronic
post Apr 26 2008, 09:14 PM

Problem?
Group Icon
Staff
7,533 posts

these pda games here are refering to Windows Mobile PDA, not symbian UIQ pdas. pet mobile games? i'll look into it

Tamagotchi games i dun think there's any, will check it out, but as for Pokemon games, best is play the gameboy advance version using the emulator as shown in the reviews earlier

This post has been edited by Baronic: Apr 26 2008, 10:27 PM
bububang
post Apr 27 2008, 06:16 AM

Regular
1,739 posts

QUOTE(Baronic @ Apr 26 2008, 09:14 PM)
these pda games here are refering to Windows Mobile PDA, not symbian UIQ pdas. pet mobile games? i'll look into it

Tamagotchi games i dun think there's any, will check it out, but as for Pokemon games, best is play the gameboy advance version using the emulator as shown in the reviews earlier
For pet game in PDA im not sure la.. but i saw some review about japan phone, it build in with those game.. therefore i though u might know some.. notworthy.gif
TSBaronic
post Jun 25 2008, 10:29 AM

Problem?
Group Icon
Staff
7,533 posts

DISTANT GALAXIES

user posted image

Overview: Distant Galaxies is a classic space shooter for Pocket PCs and Smartphones. This game tries to follow the same philosophy of old classic games such as Galaxian and Space Invaders, but adding more enemies, final bosses, extra weapons and the ability to upload your score and share it with the rest of users in the World Ranking. I tried to keep this game far from other space shooters for PDAs where you can only see bullets, 3D effects and all kind of stuff in the screen that makes playability very complicated. This game is easy and fun to play and that's why I think this game is closer to those old classics.

Classic looking old shoot em up game, simple, yet fun to play. Best of all, its freeware! I think its for QVGA, have not tested on VGA devices, but its free so just download and test it yourself, no harm trying.

DOWNLOAD LINK: http://heretical-rantings.blogspot.com/200...t-galaxies.html

This post has been edited by Baronic: Jun 25 2008, 10:31 AM
dcs*
post Jun 26 2008, 10:32 PM

Getting Started
88 posts

QUOTE(Baronic @ Apr 11 2008, 07:42 PM)
Free strategy games WORTH PLAYING on your pocket pc
WARCRAFT 2
user posted image

Without a doubt, Stratagus, a port of Warcraft 2 for pocket pc, and the best part is, its totally free! I've played the game rather thoroughly, and the requirements for the games is pretty low. Installation was a since, since it was a simple Copy and Paste folder installation.

Gameplay, its terrific, in some ways better than Age of Empires, which i will review in due time. However, as its a port, and your pda does not have a mouse, u may need some getting used to, since you can't right click or left click. Problem is solved by choosing the order for your units directly, such as "move" or "attack move". I usually use attack move for my units since it may well be too late for some of my units if i get ambushed if i had to manually order them to stop moving, and choose the attack button. Clicking "Attack" and targeting the ground makes your units move to a spot and attack any enemies on the way. Also, i was able to play a skirmish game with EIGHT players! (me and 7 computers) with no lag or problems at all on my HTC Tytn2!

Graphics, compared to other strategy games out there, you could say its a little on the cartoony side as you can see from the screenshot.

Campaigns have all been properly ported with good english, and correct narrative.

Sounds and Music, do not appear to slow down gameplay, or require a faster processor speed. It does however require more ram.

ISSUES:

* PDAs with no qwerty keyboard may have problems saving / loading a game, since you can't type in your save game's name, but i believe the latest port now assigns one button on your pda to a letter, so you can at least save the game, although it may just be a jumble of letters. If you still can't save a game, you can copy and paste a save game file from a friend who has one, into your pda, and use that file for your save games
    * The WARCRAFT 2 version, as seen in the youtube video in the previous blog post, may not work with some devices. (I tried and failed with my HTC P3600i), but do not fear, the original files from nop's (the porter) site should work well.
    * You should have a minimum of 20mb or ram to attempt to play the game, and if you still can't, try deactivating sound.
    * If your pda today screen is landscape not portrait when you start the game, the game screen gets screwed up.

Requirements:
I'd say 400Mhz would be optimum (if you have less, you probably may not be able to play a 8 players skirmish game without some lag), and about 20mb of ram.

Warcraft 2 version downloads (download the appropriate one for your PDA, VGA or QVGA)

Stratagus version downloads (both games are the same, but the Warcraft 2 version may not work for some PDAs)
Stratagus version downloads (both games are the same, but the warcraft 2 version may not work for some PDAs): [code][/code]

The porter's website has two versions, QVGA and VGA, though i believe the game is called Stratagus instead of Warcraft. But its definitely one and the same.

WARRING STATES

user posted imageuser posted image
An old and often overlooked game, Warring Nations is a free pocket pc game, that many gamers simply do not know about!

The game takes place in China (woot hurrah how many games can boast that!) during 464 to 222BC, and you are a ruler of a state in China. The objective in the game is to defeat all the other rules and become the overlord (emperor!) of China!

Gameplay: Is simply enough, but for the lazy noobs who will probably read the manual and e mail me with "HOW THE HELL DO U PLAY THIS GAME?!" questions, i'll try to explain as briefly as possible.

1. Choose your character.
  2. Choose your state.
  3. On the top of your screen (see screenshot 1) you can see the morale of your troops, the number or scholars (researchers) and the number of soldiers, plus the amount of money you have.
  4. You can recruit additional soldiers, scholars, as well as choose to spend money on increasing morale, in addition to choosing what to research.
  5. Attack, by clicking on enemy territory. (beware of morale, even with numerical superiority you can lose when your troops dessert you (low morale)).
  6. Be careful of terrain, crossing rivers, mountains, or walls gives the defender a defence bonus. Hah, and you thought it was all just artsy decoration.
  7. The last button on the right bottom of the screen is to end turn.

Replayability: Is where this game truly shines, and for a free game, truly kicks its commercial counterparts Medieval Heroes and Warring Nations in the ass. Unlike the other games, this free game is so damn addictive because of its random events! Eg. Invasion of sudden tribes from the corner of the screen, flooding, earthquakes, rebellion, and, (whoa!) the emergence of new factions!!

Bottomline: If you loved the PC game Rome Total War, and want something that has immense replayability, if your love strategy games but you don't have the stomach to play real time games like Warcraft 2, Warring States is definitely the game for you. It could well possibly be the best turn based strategy game EVER!!! (i find myself playing this one more than its commercial counterparts)

Requirements: Rockbottom, basically any pda should be able to play it!!

You'll have to download and install this first!

The game file
The link to the Microsoft website for Warring States is not working. What is that link to anyway?
roll
post Jun 26 2008, 11:02 PM

13 posts

nice thread bro..!

i always loved arcade style games.. like distant galaxies..

anything interesting to recommend.. got bored of those usual astraware games..

strategy games certainly not for me.. too complicated.. blush.gif
TSBaronic
post Jun 28 2008, 10:26 AM

Problem?
Group Icon
Staff
7,533 posts

QUOTE(dcs* @ Jun 26 2008, 10:32 PM)
The link to the Microsoft website for Warring States is not working. What is that link to anyway?
it is a link to microsoft embedd virtual runtime. Just install the game. if u need it, the game will prompt u to install it. happy.gif

Added on June 28, 2008, 10:27 am
QUOTE(roll @ Jun 26 2008, 11:02 PM)
nice thread bro..!

i always loved arcade style games.. like distant galaxies..

anything interesting to recommend.. got bored of those usual astraware games..

strategy games certainly not for me.. too complicated..  blush.gif
have u tried Firepower by Manasoft? its THE BEST arcade game ever. But its a bit hard haha. but damn nice to play.

This post has been edited by Baronic: Jun 28 2008, 10:27 AM
dcs*
post Jun 28 2008, 10:52 AM

Getting Started
88 posts

[quote=Baronic,Jun 28 2008, 10:26 AM]
it is a link to microsoft embedd virtual runtime. Just install the game. if u need it, the game will prompt u to install it. happy.gif

I installed the game and it prompts me to a Microsoft website which does not exist. I also tried googling it up, can't seem to find a valid copy. Anyone happen to have that file available?
TSBaronic
post Jun 28 2008, 11:30 AM

Problem?
Group Icon
Staff
7,533 posts

i cant remember how i found it last time. Its in my PC currently, and my PC crashed, so, i'll upload for u when i can

Added on June 29, 2008, 10:36 amdcs, try this http://209.85.171.104/translate_c?hl=en&sl...%3DRU7%26sa%3DG

This post has been edited by Baronic: Jun 29 2008, 10:36 AM
gohbkt
post Jul 1 2008, 11:23 AM

Getting Started
57 posts

QUOTE(Baronic @ Jun 28 2008, 12:30 PM)
i cant remember how i found it last time. Its in my PC currently, and my PC crashed, so, i'll upload for u when i can

Added on June 29, 2008, 10:36 amdcs, try this http://209.85.171.104/translate_c?hl=en&sl...%3DRU7%26sa%3DG
bro, install it but unsuccesfull le!
TSBaronic
post Jul 1 2008, 11:38 AM

Problem?
Group Icon
Staff
7,533 posts

cant ar? lol, i'll try searching again wait ar...

Added on July 1, 2008, 11:49 amHey...tested it and it works fine. Uninstall the game first if u already installed it first.

download THIS File.

Then install game. WOrks fine.

This post has been edited by Baronic: Jul 1 2008, 11:49 AM
dcs*
post Jul 5 2008, 02:59 PM

Getting Started
88 posts

Tried installing the file, but always end up with "Installation of msvbpps.armv4.cab was unsuccessful". Any ideas?

12 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0186sec    0.50    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:43 PM