Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

RSS feedBump TopicReply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Fuel Catalyst - Myth or Fact?, User Feedbacks Are Highly Appreciated

alamdamai1
post Apr 11 2008, 09:48 AM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

ph34r.gif Bros, if you have installed some form of fuel catalyst into your car, either of the Drop-in Tank form or the In-Line version, do you mind sharing with us your experience whether it was a worthwhile money spent or otherwise. As for myself, i'm using a drop-in tank catalyst made by Fitch where i noticed it made my engine run a bit more smoother but FC wise, i guess you need a lab test to get a definite result. I'm in the midst of getting the In-Line version made by Fuel Cat and see whether it will further improve on my FC.

Hence, would appreciate it if members could also share their experiences in this forum on the performance of their fuel catalyst and let others know whether one should consider installing it if budget permits...Thanks notworthy.gif
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Ultima
post Apr 11 2008, 09:49 AM

KiRiSuTe GoMeN
Group: Senior Member

wat is fuel catalyst?
+Quote Post
alamdamai1
post Apr 11 2008, 10:00 AM

Getting Started

rclxub.gif A very good question...honestly, i suspect irrespective of what the manufacturer says, it could just be a couple of lead alloys pellets that leach out into petrol, which is a banned susbstance under the law, but any lead content will definitely improve on our engine combustion... rolleyes.gif
+Quote Post
ryudox
post Apr 11 2008, 11:33 AM

~~ ConVict ~~

have u all ever heard of GREEN OIL? my bro using it...he said it can reduce the usage of petrol and make it efficient...is it true? FYI,the drop in tank oil was bought at RM10 only...lol..
+Quote Post
sharkteef
post Apr 11 2008, 11:41 AM

Not Godlike

RM 10 is alot of fuel. i dont believe in pills and tablets or catalysts as u call it.
+Quote Post
kancilprodua
post Apr 11 2008, 11:45 AM

Getting Started

hey alamdamai1 u from alam damai cheras ke?
+Quote Post
Gouki
post Apr 11 2008, 11:51 AM

Live Life Cool
Group Icon
Group: Elite

QUOTE(sharkteef @ Apr 11 2008, 11:41 AM)
RM 10 is alot of fuel. i dont believe in pills and tablets or catalysts as u call it.
same here. smile.gif
+Quote Post
alamdamai1
post Apr 11 2008, 12:02 PM

Getting Started

icon_idea.gif yeah....i never thought about liquid form catalyst like MyGreenOil before....i believe it peforms similar to a petrol additive, of course without lead content, that helps to reduce friction, better combustion, etc....there are other similar products like MyGreenoil which are palm oil derived....

nonetheless, if there is catalyst that will not self sacrifice, it will be an added bonus to us as we do not need top up RM10 for every petrol refill... blush.gif

Added on April 11, 2008, 12:08 pm
QUOTE(kancilprodua @ Apr 11 2008, 11:45 AM)
hey alamdamai1 u from alam damai cheras ke?
yeah, Bro, i'm from Alam Damai, Bakti Phase...but errr i'm bit shy if you ask me which road i'm staying as my car is bit buruk for other members to see lah.... icon_rolleyes.gif

This post has been edited by alamdamai1: Apr 11 2008, 12:08 PM
+Quote Post
jameslionhart
post Apr 11 2008, 12:13 PM

Casual

Apeh tu fuel catalyst?
+Quote Post
barrylin
post Apr 11 2008, 12:25 PM

KILL ME PLZ

I heard of not only oil and tablet but some mechanical thing to put in you car engine (inhale air side) to increase performance and fuel efficiency.

What will happen if i use all at 1 time brows.gif
+Quote Post
squareballs
post Apr 11 2008, 01:18 PM

Look at all my stars!!

Want performance there is no such thing as safe fuel
+Quote Post
terrysoh
post Apr 12 2008, 04:20 PM

Regular

I ve come across a very good website that explained on fuel saving gagets. He s a fuel engineer and he explains everything in detail and scientifically. From what he says, most cars, burns fuel 98% efficiently and the remaining 2% would be gone through the process of transmitting the fuel, therefore it is an inevitable process. Unless your car is 20 yrs old where everything doesnt work wel anymore, all these doesnt work.

Myself also like all these fuel saving gadgets, but i dont think most of them works, or worth the effort. Furthermore, our fuel are optimised and processed well, therefore there is not much cleaning left to be done. V-power and Petronas fuel both already has cleaning addictives in the fuel. So if u really want to clean your engine, go for these.
+Quote Post
Oly
post Apr 12 2008, 04:24 PM

Permanent Banned

QUOTE(Gouki @ Apr 11 2008, 11:51 AM)
same here.  smile.gif
i believe in safc...rm 600+rm200 for setting=more power+fuel save...for injection oni la...
+Quote Post
alamdamai1
post Apr 21 2008, 10:52 AM

Getting Started

Bros, as promised, I would like to report on my experiment findings based on my sensory evaluation (ie. sound & vibration) in using a Drop-in (made by Fitch) and In-Line (made by FuelCat) fuel catalysts in my old carbie manual car.....i'm currently using stock CAI with free-flow panel filter and a MC also...

The objective of this experiment was to assess whether a lower RON petrol (ie. RON 92) can be used for a carbureted RON97 specified engine (as that was claimed by my manufacturer) without retarding the ignition timing as I would like to leave the existing settings to remain for future fuel flexibility...

Almost all carbie car users would agree usage of RON 92 would cause some loss of power and most importantly pinging problem which would be detrimental in the long term caused by detonation onto the piston head & rings...

Cost of experiment = USD50 & 65
Hoses & Clips = RM 10
Labour = DIY

Result 1 = No pinging going uphill nor overtaking without changing gears!!. Hurray!. rclxms.gif This was a remarkable improvement compared to without the installation of the catalyst.

Result 2 = Late down-shifting of gears will however caused pinging to occur which will not happen if using RON97 petrol . However, this will only last for about 1 or 2 seconds before adequate torque buildup will bring the engine load to normal....

Result 3 = Engine now runs even more smoother compared to RON97

Result 4 = Torque improved (probably due to better combustion) slightly by a 'butt dyno' of 5% whistling.gif .

Result 5 = FC dunnolah as my fuel gauge needle is not that accurate to begin with.

Conclusion = My this foolish and expensive experiment fortunately gave me a successful result where otherwise a sum of RM600 would have gone down the drain. Nonetheless, I had earlier decided to take this risk as I would like to find out myself whether these 'mumbo jumbo' fuel catalyst really works.

On hindsight, I was motivated upon seeing the results on installing my own DIY Grounding Kit where to an electrical engineer, accumulating a few ground planes when my existing ground resistance of 0.1ohm at 30C would not bring any effect. But I noticed my car idle better together with my DIY VS

Hence, my old workhorse is now ready to run on lower octane petrols when the Govt introduce them in the future. icon_rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
ceo684
post Apr 21 2008, 01:19 PM

Component Burner

Q1. How sure are you that the ignition timing in the first place was not set up/advanced to suit only ron97 petrol?

Q2. Was the timing set to default advance or your existing "custom" setting?

Q3. Based on what you wrote, I believe that the "fuel catalyst" that you added is some form of octane booster?

This post has been edited by ceo684: Apr 21 2008, 01:22 PM
+Quote Post
alamdamai1
post Apr 21 2008, 04:22 PM

Getting Started

hmmmm....very good & valid 3 questions.

1. The timing of my car if i'm remember correctly is 5 deg. BTDC as recommended by the manufacturer. I guess this is the setting for optimum performance of the engine? hmm.gif

2. I guess it is the default setting as the mechanic also uses this value... rclxub.gif

3. Could be as i suspect the product leach out a very small amount of lead compound into the petrol to increase it anti-knock quality...but i think they would not admit it... laugh.gif
+Quote Post
Yukito
post Apr 23 2008, 11:56 AM

Supreme Ruler of Detailers

Bought a Fuel Catalyst myself before and find it to be good enough for me. Just submitting my findings here for your reference purpose.

My car is a 2nd Hand 1997 Honda City Exi. It was 2 years old when I got it and the engine was un-touched. Was doing about 11km/litres on Esso Regular Fuel. I fixed the In-Line version Fuel Catalyst (Broquet) that claims to last for 400,000km. After fixing I was doing about 13.5km/litres avg. This figures are all based on City Drivings. The acceleration was much better, too. Just FYI the car is 105bhp.

My car is now 11 yrs old and is still doing 12.8km/litres avg. I suppose the drop in FC is due to the age. Major Repairs I have done include: Engine Mounting, Flush Radiator, Radiator Hose, and Starer Motor. Even though my FC has drop but its still higher than my initial FC so I guess the thing's still working.

BTW, my mileage now is 201,945km. I'm glad at least that give my mileage I need not do an engine overhaul, compared to my friends who have to do it at lower mileage than mine.

This post has been edited by Yukito: Apr 23 2008, 11:58 AM
+Quote Post

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0574sec    1.04    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 25th April 2014 - 07:52 AM