Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Airsoft, Why is it not legalize in Malaysia?

views

~LynX~
post Oct 3 2009, 07:42 PM

Getting Started
264 posts

So, what's the status on the Masoc's applications?

Someone said the group is there but hidden from public, so what's the point of having that group in the first place?
~LynX~
post Oct 7 2009, 06:27 PM

Getting Started
264 posts

I played airsoft with a good friend of mine when I was overseas, and I got to say its a very awesome experience. You get a bond like a real team/platoon, and I guess playing with a group who understand each other is safer and more preferable due to the highly charged nature of the sport.

To play airsoft you need to have a healthy respect for your gear and safety protocol, as well as sportsmanship, definitely not for people who think its a game where they can fool around and be careless.

QUOTE(mousepad87 @ Oct 7 2009, 02:11 PM)
nooby question ar.. since airsoft are  non halal. why dont u guys go wift the paintball? the look ?
Its not just the look, the feel when you're playing is also different.

Airsoft has a very different feel to it, make you feel more like you're in a real combat situation (in terms of the gear, weapon design and weight, and to a smaller extent the range and accuracy compared to paintball).

Paintball has a more 'recreational' feel, as the gear firstly is different (scott mask, padded suits) and as the ammunition is larger, they're far less accurate and shorter range. Not to mention the bulky gas canister.

~LynX~
post Oct 17 2009, 07:34 PM

Getting Started
264 posts

QUOTE(Frosty-Snowman @ Oct 13 2009, 11:14 AM)
Been travelling around penisular malaysia (central and south), I have been hearing that airsoft ppl is all thinking their above the law. Imagine a ball bearing hit your head fired from an airsoft rifle and you die because some airsoft ppl decided to play rough, who is to be blame on this matter?

For airsoft ppl, it is the fault of the person who died and not their own members. For the victim, it is obvious is the airsoft ppl.

If airsoft ppl want to play, go elsewhere any play.. Don't go to paintball fields and play and cause serious injuries.
Please read more about the sport before making assumptions. Paintball and airsoft are not for people to fool around and 'play rough'. Safety is treated very seriously in these activities. There are strict regulations for ammunition and firing power, and personal-owned markers are tested to make sure they adhere to these rules.

Yes, accidents and such do happen, but then again it is true for any sport. And if other neighbouring countries like Thailand, Indonesia, Phillipines, China, Australia etc. can conduct airsoft events legally, there's no reason why we shouldn't.

Heck, the public can even go to a firing range in Thailand and fire real firearms, from pistols, shotguns, SMGs and even assault rifles. If they're grown up enough to handle real firearms responsibly, why can't we handle the relatively tame airsoft?

Think rationally. Firearms are indeed dangerous if the operator is irresponsible, careless and lacking the proper respect for them. But it is not difficult to instill the discipline needed to participate in airsoft, and derive enjoyment from the sport.

Safety concerns
Airsoft is safe with proper care, and the recommended playing age is 18 or above. The plastic projectiles expelled from airsoft guns travel at fairly low velocity and are too light to penetrate the skin. Though some heavier projectiles made of copper or metal can penetrate skin, they are banned at all Airsoft events.

Airsoft

BB guns are a type of air gun designed to shoot projectiles called BB after the Birdshot pellet of approximately the same size. These projectiles are usually spherical but can also be pointed; those are usually used for bird hunting.

[...]

Airsoft guns are also commonly referred to as BB guns or pellet guns, as they also launch spherical projectiles (typically through a smoothbore barrel). Common airsoft "BBs" are 6 mm in diameter (0.24 inches), and are generally made of plastic or other non-metallic materials specifically designed to impart low target damage (however, such can still be dangerous if carelessly or improperly used). Airsoft projectiles are often employed for wargames similarly to paintball.
BB Gun

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0313sec    0.41    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:04 PM