QUOTE(kikikatkat @ Mar 15 2008, 09:17 AM)
Thanks for the reply. Yes it is the laptop internal speakers. Anyway, will try to call. But usually if a change is required, do I need to send it to Penang? You've experience that?
Yeah. Any sound does sound like crap, that includes the trebble and base. I don't know how to explain how it sounded like. Especially the base. It's terrible and it's splitting. Like a hole in your speaker.
Anyway, I'm suspecting the windows media player configuration that causes it. Coz like I said, it's okay when I play it on winamp and realplayer.
I've been a DELL customer for quite some time.
By far, I've claimed quite an amount of warranty from them the most significant one is 2 times Laptop LCD changed due to dead pixels.
I've to say that DELL technical and customer services are superb.
There won't be any charges for parts and labours as long as your laptop is under warranty.
If it's really your laptop speaker being faulty then they will service them at your doorsteps unless stated otherwise by them.
If you still suspect that WMP is the culprit then try:
* I'm using WMP11 for the instructions below
1) Click on the arrow below "Now Playing" tab.
2) Then select "Enhancements" from the drop down menu.
3) Then select "Graphic Equalizer" from the side menu.
4) Click "Reset" on the "Graphic Equalizer" that pops up at the bottom.
5) Close "Graphic Equalizer" by clicking on the "X" on the right of it.
If those steps work then you won't need DELL's assistance but if it's to no avail then simply call them as there is NO hidden charges at all.
*typo edited"This post has been edited by J.J: Mar 15 2008, 10:04 AM