Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Recheck SPM result

views

Justbeingblu3
post Mar 13 2008, 06:23 PM

5 posts

Need advice.. Contemplating to have my EST paper rechecked.. Do you think it's logical to get a B4 for your EST when you got a A1 for both English and GCE-O?

-frustrated..-

Help...

This post has been edited by Justbeingblu3: Mar 13 2008, 06:24 PM
Justbeingblu3
post Mar 13 2008, 06:44 PM

5 posts

QUOTE(educationseeker @ Mar 13 2008, 06:28 PM)
why do they have to make rechecking spm paper procedure so complicated.
Cause they're trying to deter us from applying to recheck? I see the procedure oso quite lazy le. tongue.gif But I want an A for my EST le!! -geram-
Justbeingblu3
post Mar 13 2008, 11:36 PM

5 posts

QUOTE(PetroToxin @ Mar 13 2008, 07:23 PM)
Yes. As EST is much different from English...
Bombastic words don't really help much in EST but Scientific terms do.
Writing EST essays require different method too..

Quoted from my teacher.
Does doing good for the past 2 years for EST in school count? I do realize the marking scheme is probably very different, but I still can't help feeling I deserve better. =.= Maybe I should just accept the fact then. Bah!

Oh, what are the chances of scoring even worse if you send your paper for recheck? Curious..
Justbeingblu3
post Mar 14 2008, 02:03 AM

5 posts

QUOTE(Owen Lai (OL) @ Mar 14 2008, 12:32 AM)
hey all noobs...GCE-O is actually O-Levels english grading, which is actually quite equivalent to the O-Levels English, except that they concentrate on your essay.

As for those pro-english-EST-noob ppl who want to appeal for EST paper recheck, I suggest you better don't waste your time. IMO, you most probably deserved your grade, which is anything but A1 because your scientific stuff just aint enough. If you think your 1119 essay getting A1 is proof that you deserve A1 in EST, I think you are pretty much WRONG. Please don't spam around on wanting a recheck of the EST paper just becuz of the your thinking that 'I got A1 for my 1119 but A2/B/C/D for EST. I think i deserve an A1 for my EST!'. If your scientific terms and facts aren't enough, you just won't get the grade.

1119 essay and EST essay are altogether a different ballgame. So quit whining and get on wif life. In fact, you run the risk of having your original grade downgraded if you get it rechecked. This is because they have been quite lenient when marking your paper for the first time. Bug them again and I think they will 100% 'ikut skema' or 'follow the marking scheme'. By that time that happens, you can kiss your ass goodbye.

If you are just not up to the mark, there is no use pushing it. It may just get worse, like what the FA of England did when they not only didn't reduce the ban on Jeremie Aliadiere of Middlesbrough, but in fact increased it. Think wisely b4 u act.
Don't you DARE judge me and call me a noob when you DON'T EVEN KNOW ME. Yes I may be strong in English. Does that mean I'm instantly weak in Science? I most probably deserve my grade because my scientific stuff ain't enough? How would YOU know? Did YOU mark my paper? We are here just stating our mind on CONTEMPLATING to recheck. And how are we spamming on wanting a recheck on a thread that IS discussing about rechecking results?

You have NO RIGHT to call anyone a NOOB. Just because you're apparently someone very happy with your life, that makes you someone grand and others a noob? Asking people to quit whining and to get on with life when YOU'RE the one whining about some 'crap-noob' blogs. Grow up!

Why don't YOU think wisely before SAYING anything next time.
Justbeingblu3
post Mar 15 2008, 01:01 AM

5 posts

QUOTE(Owen Lai (OL) @ Mar 14 2008, 08:30 PM)
Yup, don't judge you when I don't even know you. Yes, you are right, I have no right. But one obvious point you neglected in the heat of your anger is that I DID NOT mention anyone being a noob out there. If you are reacting to it, then i say you are merely admitting that you are indeed a noob. Please note that I didn't say any specific person here being noob. And yes, you deserve your grade because your scientific facts aren't enuf. what proof do you have that you have enough to earn an A1? language skills alone just aint sufficient. Trust me on that. I did not mark your paper, but i know because as i stated earlier, my teacher told me so and also that i can think for myself what exactly happened. Ok fine. I retract the 'spamming' statement. But did i whine about your aforementioned noob bloggers that i put as signature? Oh ya, one more thing, just how good is your english because on a pride-saving-yet-arrogant tone you mentioned that 'I may be strong in English'?
QUOTE(Owen Lai (OL) @ Mar 14 2008, 12:32 AM)
As for those pro-english-EST-noob ppl who want to appeal for EST paper recheck
So I assume you were addressing air when you said the above statement? No. I believe you were addressing people who stated they did well in English, but not in EST, and considered appealing for it. I am one of them. Therefore I believe you were calling me a noob? Do correct me if I'm truly mistaken.

What you put as your signature may not seem like whining, but it does sound like it. Also, bloggers have the freedom of speech. If you oppose them, why give them free publicity and bad-talking them in your signature anyways?

And on account on my A1 on English and GCE-O, I do believe I may be strong in English. What proof do you have on your claim to own 'The True Pro's blog'?

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0185sec    0.40    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:53 PM