Recommend a webhosting company

views

SonnyCooL
post Sep 26 2008, 04:17 PM

Web Bastard
5,957 posts

QUOTE(r0kawa @ Sep 26 2008, 03:41 PM)
Hi Aindejeje,
Sorry about the website,  still developing it and finalize. Before this my company only using direct negotiation and no website to offer hosting. We've rent 1 rack from Jaring Technology Park, Bukit Jalil and currently trying to be Mynic reseller. So far I'm satisfied with their service and nice ping time wink.gif .
Yes we can't compete with the big guys like Shinjuru or Exabytes, but still I'm as a hosting company didn't believe in "unlimited" and try to not overselling any package to our client.  People said "you'll get what you paid", I think if you want cheap, you can try dreamhost, unlimited everything.
I'll focus on people that will host less than 1 GB or 2 GB if they want more. If you think carefully about a server, the latest one can have 1 terabytes of space (hard disk) . If you offer 50GB of space or maybe 100GB of space, how many client will you host on 1 server ? 20 ? 10 if 100GB , and you pay rm 100 ? Didn't you think they overselling and assume you didn't use 50 gb and only host 500MB ?.
my nic reseller, just apply thru third party company lor ....
what type of server u talking abt ? dream host data center look like ? what type server they use ? load balance ? sql server ? is not as easy or simple as you see ... is not one server and run everything ...
btw my server only have 146 gb hd ...

SonnyCooL
post Oct 10 2008, 10:19 PM

Web Bastard
5,957 posts

linux use php n mysql (most free source)
window IIS use asp n mssql (faster but expensive n more cpu/rams usage), IIS able to run PHP/MYSQL too but hardly got ppl want to pay for win2003 or win2008 license if they provide only php/mysql smile.gif

btw game server run in IIS smile.gif

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0193sec    0.41    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:04 PM