Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Maybank vs CIMB, which one offers the best service?

views

MilesAndMore
post Aug 5 2009, 12:26 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon
9,290 posts

QUOTE(Justmua @ Aug 5 2009, 12:12 PM)
Foreign MNCs are better in CR area but make no mistake, they are here to make money and so generally their offerings are more expensive. In banks, their rates would be less competitive.

So, as a consumer, we get to choose what is important to us. You want some one to talk and make you feel like you are the king, patronize Foreign MNCs. The rates will be slightly less. The decision is yours. There are always 2 sides to the coin, and you can't win all the time.
Not quite. Standard Chartered's rates are better than most local banks. Citibank used to offer high interest for their Hi-Save but it's been reduced since.

Overall, HSBC offers the least competitive rate in Malaysia but many still bank with them because of its reputation and global presence.

I agree with most people that Maybank and CIMB customer service sucks ! CIMB especially. Both banks are also slow. Took me more than half an hour just to open a bloody bank account with them. Thank god there is still Public Bank which is far more efficient !!!!

MilesAndMore
post Aug 5 2009, 07:45 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon
9,290 posts

QUOTE(shadow_dweller @ Aug 5 2009, 07:30 PM)
Maybank is ok except their server down for mantainence every day midnight   doh.gif
Their online banking is probably the best in the country. With a long list of billers. It is a decent bank, as long as you do not have to deal with any human being working in this bank laugh.gif

As far as i am concerned, you are not allowed to carry out any transaction between 12am - 6am on Maybank, CIMB Bank and Public Bank online banking portal. I believe it is the same for all other banks.

Maybank system will be down a while, usually between 12am - 1am+-. After that, you will still be able to check on your account balances, transaction etc. As for CIMB Bank, you will receive an error message after midnight. You will be able to login again after 1am (normally), but they won't be able to display any of your account transaction sad.gif

Public Bank on the other hand, you can still access their online banking portal anytime after midnight. You may check your account information etc. but all transaction will be temporary blocked between 12am - 6am.

This post has been edited by MilesAndMore: Aug 5 2009, 07:46 PM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0140sec    0.38    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:14 PM