Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

RSS feedBump TopicReply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Maybank vs CIMB, which one offers the best service?

sdk
post Mar 7 2008, 02:09 PM

Group: Junior Member

Hi everyone,

I've been using HSBC (PowerVantage) for the past 5 years, and I've been happy with their service. However, I'm starting a new job soon and the new employer uses these two banks - Maybank and CIMB.

I've been reading some of the posts here, and find different views on both banks (plus I don't really have sufficient time to go through all the threads - my apologies on this).

I know I can't expect the same level of service as HSBC, but since I have to choose between the two, which is better? And which current account is best?

I'd like to open a current account at a bank in terms of the following:
- Great online banking - the usual stuff i.e view balances of account and credit card, pay bills and credit card, order cheques, user friendly
- Good customer service - one that won't give me the run around
- No unnecessary charges imposed - i.e. after a certain number of times using ATM or when your balance falls under a certain amount.

Also I appreciate your views on other advantages either Maybank or CIMB has to offer.

I appreciate your help on this! Thanks!

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
David83
post Mar 7 2008, 02:14 PM

Witch Doctor
Group Icon
Group: Elite

Both also suck!
+Quote Post
tisuepaper
post Mar 7 2008, 02:18 PM

Getting Started

ya both oso sucks..but cimb more sucks than m2u..well...wat to say...last resort?
+Quote Post
hondy_wave
post Mar 7 2008, 02:20 PM

Regular
Group: Senior Member

both maybank n cimb are great in customer service n online banking.. blush.gif

but.. brows.gif

maybank - if u using its atm more than 4 times a month, u will be charge 50 cent for each withdrawal vmad.gif mad.gif

cimb - go n withdrawal as many as u want without any charge rclxm9.gif rclxms.gif

+Quote Post
jack2
post Mar 7 2008, 02:21 PM

Banned

You all open a new bank. I believe you will manage it more better than.
+Quote Post
David83
post Mar 7 2008, 02:21 PM

Witch Doctor
Group Icon

QUOTE(hondy_wave @ Mar 7 2008, 02:20 PM)
cimb - go n withdrawal as many as u want without any charge  rclxm9.gif  rclxms.gif
Let me correct this. This depends on the type of account you opened - traded off between annual fee and unlimited ATM withdrawal.
+Quote Post
zaenez
post Mar 7 2008, 02:26 PM

thx 4 d info...i nevr knew that...gonna close mbb acc soon...
+Quote Post
NaMyzarC
post Mar 7 2008, 02:28 PM

Regular

that's rite, maybank apa pun mahu charge ;-)
+Quote Post
b00n
post Mar 7 2008, 02:31 PM

delusional
Group Icon
Group: Staff

Maybank premier account is not bad.
Not sure about CIMB though.

But generally if one is to use local bank's internet services than it would most probably be Maybank winning over CIMB as they are among the first to start it.
+Quote Post
temptation1314
post Mar 7 2008, 02:37 PM

Specials : 1,000,000 Spam Post Attack

QUOTE(b00n @ Mar 7 2008, 02:31 PM)
Maybank premier account is not bad.
Not sure about CIMB though.

But generally if one is to use local bank's internet services than it would most probably be Maybank winning over CIMB as they are among the first to start it.
2nd that. Majority nowadays, most of online transactions are owned by Maybank alone.
Yet, if you do a lot of cash withdrawal within a month, I mean CASH, do it @ CIMB. Leave Maybank alone.
+Quote Post
*devilelle*
post Mar 7 2008, 02:42 PM

Im aint Me

QUOTE(hondy_wave @ Mar 7 2008, 02:20 PM)
both maybank n cimb are great in customer service n online banking.. blush.gif

but.. brows.gif

maybank - if u using its atm more than 4 times a month, u will be charge 50 cent for each withdrawal  vmad.gif  mad.gif

cimb - go n withdrawal as many as u want without any charge  rclxm9.gif  rclxms.gif
actually depends on what type of account holder you are.... let say you hold a basic account sure kena charge lol.... plus not all bank intro the product basic account... as far as i concern cimb don have basic account.....
+Quote Post
4 z a
post Mar 7 2008, 02:53 PM

Most ppl doesn't really care to find out the real information instead they listen to rumors and just simply bang Maybank.

Maybank2u offers many services infact more than any other online banking by other banks.

The thing about Maybank charges RM0.50 for transaction is quite justifiable because Maybank has taken off the RM12 annual fees for savings accounts with ATM service.

Just like what David83 mentioned above, other banks did not charge RM0.50/withdraw because they charge annual fees.
+Quote Post
vin_ann
post Mar 7 2008, 03:01 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(sdk @ Mar 7 2008, 02:09 PM)
Hi everyone,

I've been using HSBC (PowerVantage) for the past 5 years, and I've been happy with their service. However, I'm starting a new job soon and the new employer uses these two banks - Maybank and CIMB.

I've been reading some of the posts here, and find different views on both banks (plus I don't really have sufficient time to go through all the threads - my apologies on this).

I know I can't expect the same level of service as HSBC, but since I have to choose between the two, which is better? And which current account is best?

- Great online banking - the usual stuff i.e view balances of account and credit card, pay bills and credit card, order cheques, user friendly
- No unnecessary charges imposed - i.e. after a certain number of times using ATM or when your balance falls under a certain amount.

Also I appreciate your views on other advantages either Maybank or CIMB has to offer.

in terms of Online Banking, Maybank2u is much better than CIMB.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
David83
post Mar 7 2008, 03:03 PM

Witch Doctor
Group Icon

QUOTE(NaMyzarC @ Mar 7 2008, 02:28 PM)
that's rite, maybank apa pun mahu charge ;-)
This statement is a little too biased. If a bank is not charging, how a bank is going to survive. I believe other banks especially foreign banks will charge more on certain service or transaction.
+Quote Post
shah_ho_nam2
post Mar 7 2008, 03:05 PM

らき☆すた

prefer CIMB.. maybank lousy cannot take out 10 dollar note
+Quote Post
bleeper
post Mar 7 2008, 03:08 PM

On my way

I just opened a CIMB account last month. By default, they will give you the normal account which has RM8 annual fee for ATM card and unlimited amount of withdrawal.
When i say i dont want to pay, then they offer me the basic account which gives me 6 times withdrawal instead of 4 times by maybank.
So i opted for the basic as i do mostly online banking and rarely withdraw from ATM.
So CIMB does have basic.

As for online banking, both M2U and CIMBClicks have the functions you want to do your normal banking like checking balance, paying bills and credit cards, money transfer, FD, stocks trading, etc. I know cos i have both M2U and CIMB.
But i find CIMB a little faster than my M2u. Maybe cos less customers compared to M2U.
And for FD interest rates, CIMB is higher compared to maybank.

This post has been edited by bleeper: Mar 7 2008, 03:12 PM
+Quote Post
am_eniey
post Mar 7 2008, 03:14 PM

✿✿✿✿✿

for me, it's Maybank of course
+Quote Post
NSR
post Mar 8 2008, 01:58 PM

Casual

4 z a,
ur TNG top up is legal or not 1? blink.gif
+Quote Post
sdk
post Mar 10 2008, 10:00 AM

Thank you for your responses. I suppose I'll check out both banks before I decide.

Another suggestion given to me, since I plan to keep my HSBC account, is to open a savings account at Maybank/CIMB and just transfer all monies to HSBC each month. I suppose that works too biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
mrcloud9
post Mar 10 2008, 10:32 AM

Getting Started

i think thats a brilliant idea. having said that, it will be quite troublesome to transfer all your funds every month. my advice is to go for the PMA account at maybank where it is a combination of current and savings account or CIMB Prime Account which is the same as the former. that way, you stand a chance to gain interest while also having chequeing facility at the same time.
+Quote Post
genkis3
post Mar 10 2008, 12:19 PM

On my way

pma account worse part is u can't withdraw cash from other branch counter unless by cheque.
+Quote Post
goolie
post Mar 10 2008, 02:37 PM

On my way

althou i don have cimb bank account but i feel that cimb will have better service than maybank since it is universal bank...

besides that, cimb have potential fund as Public bank...

but in term of ATM machine, cimb still can compete wif maybank nowdays, so u no need to worry much when u wan to withdraw money from anywhere and anytime...
+Quote Post
sdk
post Mar 10 2008, 02:50 PM

QUOTE(goolie @ Mar 10 2008, 02:37 PM)

but in term of ATM machine, cimb still can compete wif maybank nowdays, so u no need to worry much when u wan to withdraw money from anywhere and anytime...
To be honest, I'm not too concerned about the number of ATM machines. The fact that HSBC has limited machines around KL is actually a blessing for me... coz less cash less spending! You have no idea how many times this has saved me from making impulse purchases in malls etc tongue.gif

I just love HSBC coz I travel overseas for work and they're everywhere - so I withdraw money for only RM5 fee from any HSBC ATM anywhere in the world.
+Quote Post
ekestima
post Mar 11 2008, 02:26 PM

Enthusiast

Service wise, its different branches different types of service. I meant their staff attitude. Staffs for one branch might provide excellent service while another one doesnt.

Trust me, I've dealt with same bank but different branch but both provide different service (in terms of staff attitude).

LYN members might have some bad experience wif some banks but I think that there are some bank which treated their customers well too. biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
stargate
post Mar 12 2008, 08:27 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(ekestima @ Mar 11 2008, 02:26 PM)
Service wise, its different branches different types of service. I meant their staff attitude. Staffs for one branch might provide excellent service while another one doesnt.

Trust me, I've dealt with same bank but different branch but both provide different service (in terms of staff attitude).

LYN members might have some bad experience wif some banks but I think that there are some bank which treated their customers well too.  biggrin.gif
Agree, one branch might have bad service, but that doesn't mean that bank is bad la. A lot of ppl using maybank, I rather go to CIMB. Less queue.
+Quote Post
babylabbit
post Mar 12 2008, 08:34 PM

my area CIMB champion ask open account give form....ask me sendiri go photocopy stuff ...doesnot provide those service tongue.gif end up i go home sleep tongue.gif

that was NO ONE INSIDE tongue.gif no idea what they do inside tongue.gif
+Quote Post
hlyshgrsyd
post Mar 13 2008, 06:43 PM

Getting Started

in terms of online banking: CIMB better. flex.gif
+Quote Post
jasperchai
post Mar 13 2008, 06:53 PM

Getting Started

been using Maybank for a few years. Like it Online Transfer Fund & Online Payment.. so far no problem for me. even buying online movie tickets is very good.
+Quote Post
ruztynail
post Mar 13 2008, 07:10 PM

Acrimonious Young Man

cimb need to pay rm8 for atm, maybank free lol
+Quote Post
David83
post Mar 13 2008, 10:44 PM

Witch Doctor
Group Icon

QUOTE(ruztynail @ Mar 13 2008, 07:10 PM)
cimb need to pay rm8 for atm, maybank free lol
Maybank is not exactly. Limited in the number of withdrawal unless your account balance exceeds RM 5000 during your 5th and onward withdrawal.
+Quote Post
phat
post Mar 13 2008, 11:38 PM

Getting Started

Why suddenly maybank impose 50sen after 4th atm transaction?they never done dat b4..curious though..n actually abit mad when i found out about it.Now i withdraw most of my money on the 1st transaction.huhu
+Quote Post
Valex
post Mar 14 2008, 03:47 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(sdk @ Mar 7 2008, 02:09 PM)
Hi everyone,

er.. sorry to ask this dummy question=.=
but just wanna know... ur new employer using maybank and CIMB, but cant u put those cheque direct into HSBC? why u must hav apply maybank/CIMB?
hope can get to know bit bout this @.@
thanks in advance...

QUOTE(mrcloud9 @ Mar 10 2008, 10:32 AM)
i think thats a brilliant idea. having said that, it will be quite troublesome to transfer all your funds every month. my advice is to go for the PMA account at maybank where it is a combination of current and savings account or CIMB Prime Account which is the same as the former. that way, you stand a chance to gain interest while also having chequeing facility at the same time.
may i know what s PMA refering to? full name? and what is that?

QUOTE(goolie @ Mar 10 2008, 02:37 PM)
althou i don have cimb bank account but i feel that cimb will have better service than maybank since it is universal bank...

besides that, cimb have potential fund as Public bank...

universal bank... but still local worker inside =.='''
services is depends on each individual branch and worker... im maybank user and so far so good.

QUOTE(phat @ Mar 13 2008, 11:38 PM)
Why suddenly maybank impose 50sen after 4th atm transaction?they never done dat b4..curious though..n actually abit mad when i found out about it.Now i withdraw most of my money on the 1st transaction.huhu
suddenly? =.='' long time lo they charge 50sec start from 5th transaction and onwards. =.=
on 5th transaction they got write it out on receipt. read it next time. lol....
but i felt is reasonable though...
+Quote Post
David83
post Mar 14 2008, 06:12 AM

Witch Doctor
Group Icon

QUOTE(phat @ Mar 13 2008, 11:38 PM)
Do you clarify with the bank staff or customer service?
+Quote Post
MX510
post Mar 14 2008, 06:42 AM

PSNID darknforce

www.pbebank.com.my rules
+Quote Post
sdk
post Mar 14 2008, 02:54 PM

QUOTE(Valex @ Mar 14 2008, 03:47 AM)
er.. sorry to ask this dummy question=.=
but just wanna know... ur new employer using maybank and CIMB, but cant u put those cheque direct into HSBC? why u must hav apply maybank/CIMB?
hope can get to know bit bout this @.@
thanks in advance...

The salary is deposited straight into employee's bank account (I think it's called Direct Deposit or something like that... anyone knows the correct term?), and in this instance the banks are Maybank/CIMB.

If they can issue cheques, I would just go straight and bank it into my HSBC. Then I won't even need to bother all of you with these questions biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
Valex
post Mar 15 2008, 01:16 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(sdk @ Mar 14 2008, 02:54 PM)
The salary is deposited straight into employee's bank account (I think it's called Direct Deposit or something like that... anyone knows the correct term?), and in this instance the banks are Maybank/CIMB.

If they can issue cheques, I would just go straight and bank it into my HSBC. Then I won't even need to bother all of you with these questions  biggrin.gif
ooo.. okays... thanks for the explaination @.@
+Quote Post
mrcloud9
post Mar 15 2008, 02:08 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(Valex @ Mar 14 2008, 03:47 AM)
may i know what s PMA refering to? full name? and what is that?
PMA is Premier Mudharabah Account which is a savings account with chequeing facility. this way you can earn interest while being able to issue cheques. like 2 in 1 lah.
+Quote Post
Valex
post Mar 16 2008, 06:01 AM

Getting Started

uh.. okays, thanks a lot oso @.@
+Quote Post
allspark
post Apr 16 2008, 07:34 PM

Getting Started

For Maybank u can combine ur saving and current account with Maybank2U. Also u can transfer from current to saving and vice versa through Maybank2U. About CIMB, i have no idea.
+Quote Post
kane32
post Apr 16 2008, 07:48 PM

Getting Started

Go for Maybank!
+Quote Post
GuyzNexDoor
post Apr 16 2008, 09:02 PM

Casual

For online transaction, let say you transfer money to another person account with diff bank (GIRO transfer). Is it true CIMB only charge RM0.50 per transc. compare to RM2.00 per transc. by Maybank??
+Quote Post
clsiluf
post Apr 16 2008, 09:19 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(4 z a @ Mar 7 2008, 02:53 PM)
Most ppl doesn't really care to find out the real information instead they listen to rumors and just simply bang Maybank.

Maybank2u offers many services infact more than any other online banking by other banks.

The thing about Maybank charges RM0.50 for transaction is quite justifiable because Maybank has taken off the RM12 annual fees for savings accounts with ATM service.

Just like what David83 mentioned above, other banks did not charge RM0.50/withdraw because they charge annual fees.
agreed ...

i using maybank since 2004, but maybank fail to charge me the RM0.50 for the 5th withdrawal of a month ...

simply because i plan properly how much to withdraw for a month ...

also, come on lar people, you all waste money change hp change this and that nv complain, RM0.50 a month is like gonna make u bankcrupt d shakehead.gif ...
+Quote Post
kane32
post Apr 17 2008, 01:04 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(clsiluf @ Apr 16 2008, 09:19 PM)
agreed ...

i using maybank since 2004, but maybank fail to charge me the RM0.50 for the 5th withdrawal of a month ...

simply because i plan properly how much to withdraw for a month ...

also, come on lar people, you all waste money change hp change this and that nv complain, RM0.50 a month is like gonna make u bankcrupt d shakehead.gif ...
Yeah!
people always noticing small amount ..
big amount all just going out without any complain.
this is the fact...
+Quote Post
Justmua
post Apr 17 2008, 02:08 PM

Getting Started

I don't know the specific answer but I do know that it depends on the bank and the type of account you are having. In some banks, they charge $0.50 for specific type of account holder, but most will charge $2.

For the specifics, just go to the respective bank website and check under "Bank Fees".

QUOTE(GuyzNexDoor @ Apr 16 2008, 09:02 PM)
For online transaction, let say you transfer money to another person account with diff bank (GIRO transfer). Is it true CIMB only charge RM0.50 per transc. compare to RM2.00 per transc. by Maybank??
+Quote Post
David83
post May 8 2008, 08:55 AM

Witch Doctor
Group Icon

Paperless system at all CIMB branches

PETALING JAYA: CIMB group plans to roll out its paperless processing system at all 362 bank branches nationwide in the next three to four months, said CIMB Investment Bank Bhd group information and operations head Iswaraan Suppiah.

The system, currently deployed at selected CIMB Bank branches in the Klang Valley, had brought about significant operational and process efficiencies for the group, he said.

From left: Fuji Xerox Asia Pacific Pte Ltd business operations vicepresident Maria Wen, Iswaraan Suppiah and Sulaiman Mohd Tahir

By automating the account opening process, the average branch queue time has been reduced by over 60%. The average cost of opening an account has also fallen 40%, resulting in substantial cost savings, he told a press briefing yesterday.

CIMB embarked on an Accounts Services Automation (ASA) project with Fuji Xerox nine months ago to introduce a paperless processing system using the latter's Documentum Imaging technology.

The project led CIMB group to win the 2008 Financial Insights Innovation Asia Award, as recognition that it is one of the most innovative uses of technology in Asia.

Iswaraan also said the regional rollout of the system at CIMB's offices in Singapore, Indonesia and Thailand was currently under way and should be completed by the first quarter of 2009.

The idea is to centralise the regional system in Malaysia. All this is subject to the respective countries' central bank approvals as customer data in those countries would need to be stored here, he said, adding that the total investment in the system, including its regional implementation, would cost RM15mil.

CIMB Bank Bhd consumer sales and distribution head Sulaiman Mohd Tahir said the branches had recorded significant growth in the number of new accounts since the implementation of the ASA project.

We now are close to averaging about 60,000 deposit accounts a month, an increase of about 20% from the fourth quarter of last year, he said, adding that the project had also helped the company improve customer interaction.

Fuji Xerox Asia Pacific Pte Ltd marketing and new business development general manager Yeoh Swee Im said the company hoped to grow revenue contribution from its document management solutions business to 30% in five years from 10% currently.

This division is a unique value proposition that complements our equipment business.

We want to expand beyond the financial and insurance sectors and into education and government, she told StarBiz.

Yeoh said an international bank had shown strong interest to deploy Fuji Xerox's document management solutions in Malaysia.

The document management solutions market in Malaysia is worth about RM100mil annually.

URL: http://biz.thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?f...31&sec=business
+Quote Post
roy_zu
post May 8 2008, 12:03 PM

- Back in Business -

I go for Maybank coz of their online system. Maybank2u is one of the best and secure online system. So frendly and also can do alot of things. Paying bills, transfer funds to interbank, overseas banks and alot of things can done very fast. TAG request also just within seconds..
+Quote Post
iluvena
post May 8 2008, 01:18 PM

Casual

i'm using maybank. i seldom withdraw more than 4 times in a month. so i don't have any issue with 50cents charge.

i have maybank visa and maybank mastercard. easy to pay thru maybank2u. got online statement also. (new features)

e-giro is the same like cimb.. i guess? coz i transfer some money to public bank thru maybank2u and they only charge 50cents per transaction.
+Quote Post
d4rkholeang3l
post May 10 2008, 11:06 PM

Regular

erm...can u all help me?
i got a teenage account at CIMB...i wan use CIMB clicks.but when i insert my card at ATM to register for e-pin,it is rejected.
it says 'teen card'....no e-pin means no internet banking....
my parents give me permission to use internet banking.
pls help me.TQ
+Quote Post
tiger63
post May 11 2008, 11:35 AM

QUOTE(d4rkholeang3l @ May 10 2008, 11:06 PM)
erm...can u all help me?
i got a teenage account at CIMB...i wan use CIMB clicks.but when i insert my card at ATM to register for e-pin,it is rejected.
pls help me.TQ
Open a savings account with Maybank and sign up for their internet banking portal called MyZone. MyZone is an internet banking portal specially designed for teens aged 12 - 18.
+Quote Post
lastlion
post Aug 20 2008, 06:18 AM

Getting Started

Hi..all. I'm interested in CIMB clicks. but I need to know wat its advantages.. Erm...for example....can you buy movie ticket by using Cimb clicks?
and can you settle your postpaid bill through it? (I went to cimbclicks.com.my and entered it online bazaar...there only prepaid online payment....there is no pospaid bill payment)
+Quote Post
David83
post Aug 20 2008, 08:56 AM

Witch Doctor
Group Icon

QUOTE(lastlion @ Aug 20 2008, 06:18 AM)
Hi..all. I'm interested in CIMB clicks. but I need to know wat its advantages.. Erm...for example....can you buy movie ticket by using Cimb clicks?
and can you settle your postpaid bill through it? (I went to cimbclicks.com.my and entered it online bazaar...there only prepaid online payment....there is no pospaid bill payment)
1. Buying movie tickets online is currently only available with Maybank2U or cinema site (GSC/TGV or etc.)

2. For settling postpaid bill, you should check the payee list under Bill Payment and not Online Bazaar. Online Bazaar is like online shopping portal.
+Quote Post
ceo684
post Aug 20 2008, 11:45 AM

Component Burner

QUOTE(d4rkholeang3l @ May 10 2008, 11:06 PM)
erm...can u all help me?
pls help me.TQ
Close account and then reopen adult account if ur over 18.

Take note that the teenage account will upgrade to adult acc automatically BUT the ATM card will be stuck at <18 limits for good (it doesnt upgrade itself automatically), which means ur ATM will be stuck at 200/day limits.

This post has been edited by ceo684: Aug 20 2008, 11:46 AM
+Quote Post
happyman102
post Aug 20 2008, 03:12 PM

Getting Started

Personally, I think Maybank is more convenience compare to any of the bank in Malaysia as they have so many branches and ATM machine. As for the Maybank2u (Internet Banking from Maybank), they have so many list of vendor for us to made payment. brows.gif
+Quote Post
memkingdom
post Aug 21 2008, 02:38 AM

Casual

Maybank's transaction is faster than CIMB, and it had the largest branches & ATM machine in malaysia. CIMB -- I really hate of their service because it always wasted my time for long queuing.

But Maybank's fees charge is average higher than other bank, no point, they are so popularly with client.

If you want me to vote for best customer service field, I will vote for Public Bank & Hong Leong Bank, their staff are friendly and hard working, no chit-chat and more discipline during peak time as compare with Maybank and CIMB.
+Quote Post
mygenesis
post Aug 22 2008, 02:14 PM

Getting Started

if ure talking abt internet banking between cimbclicks n maybank2u..i tink maybank 2u is better..for services i tink both ok..because these 2 banks have a lots of cdt.
+Quote Post
Golden
post Aug 22 2008, 02:20 PM

Casual

QUOTE(mygenesis @ Aug 22 2008, 02:14 PM)
if ure talking abt internet banking between cimbclicks n maybank2u..i tink maybank 2u is better..for services i tink both ok..because these 2 banks have a lots of cdt.
cdt stands for?

+Quote Post
dr2k3
post Aug 22 2008, 03:52 PM

Speculator

QUOTE(mygenesis @ Aug 22 2008, 02:14 PM)
better in term of what?

more services available compare to other?
+Quote Post
lastlion
post Aug 29 2008, 09:04 AM

Getting Started

Hi all,

ermm...just a noob question, can we use CC and request cash from bank?? (i'm using CIMB CC)
Coz, I hv a seller which doesnt take CC.
+Quote Post
muscaa
post Aug 29 2008, 03:26 PM

Casual

QUOTE(lastlion @ Aug 29 2008, 09:04 AM)
Hi all,

ermm...just a noob question, can we use CC and request cash from bank?? (i'm using CIMB CC)
Coz, I hv a seller which doesnt take CC.
can but they will charge you interest
+Quote Post
SonnyCooL
post Aug 29 2008, 03:51 PM

Web Bastard

i choose maybank .... prefer Maybank ATM, Maybank2u and bla, btw i have 5 account with maybank now, two personal + 1 cc and two company ....
smile.gif

+Quote Post
mygenesis
post Aug 29 2008, 04:05 PM

Getting Started

for me i wud prefer cimb
+Quote Post
SilverSpoon
post Aug 29 2008, 04:06 PM

Casual

All I wanna say is Maybank sucks!
Cimb's service is way much better!
+Quote Post
AskarPerang
post Aug 29 2008, 04:22 PM

~tUPaI...~

Most users have maybank account...easier to do transaction between two party...not need to pay extra interbank charges.
+Quote Post
lastlion
post Aug 29 2008, 04:47 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(muscaa @ Aug 29 2008, 03:26 PM)
can but they will charge you interest
thanx muscaa. btw how much is the interest? smile.gif
+Quote Post
muscaa
post Aug 30 2008, 08:40 PM

Casual

QUOTE(lastlion @ Aug 29 2008, 04:47 PM)
thanx muscaa. btw how much is the interest? smile.gif
5% on the transaction - they call it credit card cash advance transactions. Click this to find out more:
Maybank link
+Quote Post
tgeoklin
post Sep 10 2008, 02:59 PM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(David83 @ Mar 7 2008, 02:14 PM)
Both also suck!
Very very agree. Both also suck big time. Put it this way, if it was not because of nepotism and cronism, both these banks would have gone under by the sheer weight of their incompentencies.

+Quote Post
AskarPerang
post Sep 10 2008, 08:14 PM

~tUPaI...~

There are branches at CIMB which operate 7 days a week!

+Quote Post
ruztynail
post Sep 10 2008, 08:57 PM

Acrimonious Young Man

i really find this weird.. the premier m2u earns more interest till rm50k cap compared to the savings account.. there is however a rm10 ow was it rm8 charge half-annually.. but come-on man.. more thn savings???
+Quote Post
muscaa
post Sep 10 2008, 09:59 PM

Casual

QUOTE(tgeoklin @ Sep 10 2008, 02:59 PM)
Very very agree. Both also suck big time. Put it this way, if it was not because of nepotism and cronism, both these banks would have gone under by the sheer weight of their incompentencies.
all local bank sucks - even the so called best local bank PBB is not as good as Citibank/UOB/SCB/HSBC etc
but what to do?? Only can wait until the day when the govt open the banking industry fully

This post has been edited by muscaa: Sep 10 2008, 10:00 PM
+Quote Post
tgeoklin
post Sep 11 2008, 08:02 AM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(muscaa @ Sep 10 2008, 09:59 PM)
all local bank sucks - even the so called best local bank PBB is not as good as Citibank/UOB/SCB/HSBC etc
but what to do?? Only can wait until the day when the govt open the banking industry fully
That I agree but I draw the line when they makes stupid decision because of political placements at the upper level and then we tax payers have to foot the bill. Look at the ex-CIMB ie BMF scandal and of course the current MBB blunder. Even as shareholders, we stand to lose a lot. vmad.gif

I think its abt time the govt understand the meaning of Public Servant, they are here to SERVE us, not Lord it over US!
+Quote Post
s[H]sIkuA
post Sep 11 2008, 10:59 AM

Literally a Goddess

Maybank this few weeks their ATM system like so slow. Sometimes cant even withdraw money.

One thing I like about maybank is maybank2u only smile.gif

CIMB is better currently
+Quote Post
tgeoklin
post Sep 11 2008, 12:48 PM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(s[H�)
sIkuA,Sep 11 2008, 10:59 AM]
Maybank this few weeks their ATM system like so slow. Sometimes cant even withdraw money.

One thing I like about maybank is maybank2u only smile.gif

CIMB is better currently
If you asked them, they will blame it on your online provider tongue.gif
+Quote Post
agape_ian
post Sep 11 2008, 01:12 PM

Casual

Not sure about CIMB but I think they are quite good. If I have a choice, I would say Public Bank. Definitely not Maybank tongue.gif
+Quote Post
tgeoklin
post Sep 11 2008, 01:42 PM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(agape_ian @ Sep 11 2008, 01:12 PM)
Not sure about CIMB but I think they are quite good. If I have a choice, I would say Public Bank. Definitely not Maybank tongue.gif
Did you all know that Maybank was once founded by the current management of Public Bank before being taken over by the govt as Bank Bumi then was getting no where icon_rolleyes.gif
+Quote Post
noa_carmen
post Nov 26 2008, 05:27 PM

Group: New Member

I have just sign up on myteen and its stupid! I really dont know whats d point of me doing all this hard work just to sign up for d online banking.
I cannot transfer funds from my acc to other plus I cannot take more than 200 ringgit out from atm in 1 day! how stupid is that?

This post has been edited by noa_carmen: Nov 26 2008, 05:28 PM
+Quote Post
Chester
post Nov 27 2008, 02:30 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(noa_carmen @ Nov 26 2008, 05:27 PM)
I have just sign up on myteen and its stupid! I really dont  know whats d point of me doing all this hard work just to sign up for d online banking.
I cannot transfer funds from my acc to other plus I cannot take more than 200 ringgit out from atm in 1 day! how stupid is that?
maybe thats why its call teen account
+Quote Post
exploda
post Nov 28 2008, 04:17 AM

Getting Started

Ahem Ahem.....hope I dun get flame for this.
There are rumours (yes rumours and I don't have any concrete proof of this)........that when and if Najib steps up as PM, CIMB will have backing to take over Maybank. By then if this happens, CIMB would be the largest bank in Msia replacing Maybank.

+Quote Post
David83
post Nov 28 2008, 07:27 AM

Witch Doctor
Group Icon

Is eFD still available in CIMBClicks? Why I could find that option when I logged on? Does this feature hidden during certain hours?
+Quote Post
NelsonBoy
post Nov 28 2008, 05:17 PM

l Audio Paradise l

QUOTE(exploda @ Nov 28 2008, 04:17 AM)
Ahem Ahem.....hope I dun get flame for this.
There are rumours (yes rumours and I don't have any concrete proof of this)........that when and if Najib steps up as PM, CIMB will have backing to take over Maybank. By then if this happens, CIMB would be the largest bank in Msia replacing Maybank.
i m waiting for tt day...
+Quote Post
lcl832002
post Mar 6 2009, 02:55 AM

On my way

I think CIMB as the staff there are friendly, unlike Maybank....
+Quote Post
htt
post Mar 6 2009, 08:20 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(lcl832002 @ Mar 6 2009, 02:55 AM)
I think CIMB as the staff there are friendly, unlike Maybank....
After I successfully open the account, I don't bother to go branch and see their face anymore, I try to do all transaction online (or facing their machine instead). Haha...
+Quote Post
Chester
post Mar 6 2009, 08:58 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(htt @ Mar 6 2009, 08:20 AM)
After I successfully open the account, I don't bother to go branch and see their face anymore, I try to do all transaction online (or facing their machine instead). Haha...
You can even open your account online, and choose to tag to your existing ATM card or to get a new card. If you want to get a new card, just select the branch that you want and go collect your ATM card.
+Quote Post
htt
post Mar 6 2009, 10:40 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(Chester @ Mar 6 2009, 08:58 AM)
You can even open your account online, and choose to tag to your existing ATM card or to get a new card. If you want to get a new card, just select the branch that you want and go collect your ATM card.
I have to go the bank 3 times to get my account opened (though that's a current account), that's unforgettable experience for me, I am grad that I have get it through. Maybank branch staff still very lousy, to be frank.
+Quote Post
megavalve
post Aug 5 2009, 02:09 AM

anyone know how long transaction for transfer funds from cimb to maybank? 2 days the transaction is still "Accepted for processing".

i'm dealing with a seller who will only send me the stuff if and only if he receives his money. T_T
+Quote Post
gstrapinuse
post Aug 5 2009, 08:23 AM

Elite

MBB customer service suck!They don't pick up the call.I experienced waiting for almost half and hour.Their Maybank2u is ok compared to CIMB coz CIMB load quite slow.Sometimes server down.
+Quote Post
sjn hassan
post Aug 5 2009, 08:32 AM

Member's of MAKAN MEGGI club

QUOTE(megavalve @ Aug 5 2009, 02:09 AM)
anyone know how long transaction for transfer funds from cimb to maybank? 2 days the transaction is still "Accepted for processing".

i'm dealing with a seller who will only send me the stuff if and only if he receives his money. T_T
https://www.maybank2u.com.my/mbb/m2u/m1102/...ankNotePopUp.do

Monday to Friday....Before 12:00 noon....Same Day
.............................After 12:00 noon......Next Working Day

Saturday, Sunday and Federal Territory Public Holidays Next Working Day
+Quote Post
cheahcw2003
post Aug 5 2009, 09:47 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(gstrapinuse @ Aug 5 2009, 08:23 AM)
MBB customer service suck!They don't pick up the call.I experienced waiting for almost half and hour.Their Maybank2u is ok compared to CIMB coz CIMB load quite slow.Sometimes server down.
i would say most of the government owned/linked bank offer the same kind of service, not much different from other government office. I was requesting some product infomation using Maybank's 1300xxxxxx hotline, the staff did not have info on the OD products, and wrote down my number and told me he will get the "expert" to call me back, one week passed, nobody called. I called in again after 1 week, and he wanted to do the same (wrote down my contact detail and promised some1 will call me), being having the disappointed experience, i just requested the number and i told him i will call by myself, he had given me a branch number which is nearest to my place. i tried 3 times b4 i spoke to the relevant person, 1st call, nobody pick up and disconnected automatically after 1 min, 2nd call some1 pick up, but the line disconnected when transferring the line, 3rd time some1 pick up, but this officer he has no clue on what he is doing, he said he need to check with their head office about the OD facility and the interest rate, he promised to reply me on the same day, but i didnt receive any call since.

i have the same experience with RHB bank, the 1300xxxx doesnt work all the time...once u get thru the line, u need to follow the voice selection, i chose the "loan" option, then the reception said the OD type that i am interested in does not fall into their "loan" catagory as they only handle housing loan, so i shd choose the "other product" option, so she put me back to the main menu, when i chose the "other product" menu, they told me my request was fall under "loan category" so i was confused and pissed off then they pass me to the "right person", then the "right person" told me they no longer have this product. After 2 days, my friend told me he just got the letter of approval from RHB bank for the same product that i have requesting, what the hell are they doing?

So try to avoid these banks, try foreign banks, or other non-government link banks.

+Quote Post
Justmua
post Aug 5 2009, 12:12 PM

Getting Started

Generally speaking, most Msian organizations don't give Customer Relation a high priority. And thus their CS is not a thing to shout about. Most of them view CS as a cost centre.

Foreign MNCs are better in CR area but make no mistake, they are here to make money and so generally their offerings are more expensive. In banks, their rates would be less competitive.

So, as a consumer, we get to choose what is important to us. You want some one to talk and make you feel like you are the king, patronize Foreign MNCs. The rates will be slightly less. The decision is yours. There are always 2 sides to the coin, and you can't win all the time.

QUOTE(cheahcw2003 @ Aug 5 2009, 09:47 AM)
i would say most of the government owned/linked bank offer the same kind of service, not much different from other government office. I was requesting some product infomation using Maybank's 1300xxxxxx hotline, the staff did not have info on the OD products, and wrote down my number and told me he will get the "expert" to call me back, one week passed, nobody called. I called in again after 1 week, and he wanted to do the same (wrote down my contact detail and promised some1 will call me), being having the disappointed experience, i just requested the number and i told him i will call by myself, he had given me a branch number which is nearest to my place. i tried 3 times b4 i spoke to the relevant person, 1st call, nobody pick up and disconnected automatically after 1 min, 2nd call some1 pick up, but the line disconnected when transferring the line, 3rd time some1 pick up, but this officer he has no clue on what he is doing, he said he need to check with their head office about the OD facility and the interest rate, he promised to reply me on the same day, but i didnt receive any call since.

i have the same experience with RHB bank, the 1300xxxx doesnt work all the time...once u get thru the line, u need to follow the voice selection, i chose the "loan" option, then the reception said the OD type that i am interested in does not fall into their "loan" catagory as they only handle housing loan, so i shd choose the "other product" option, so she put me back to the main menu, when i chose the "other product" menu, they told me my request was fall under "loan category" so i was confused and pissed off then they pass me to the "right person", then the "right person" told me they no longer have this product. After 2 days, my friend told me he just got the letter of approval from RHB bank for the same product that i have requesting, what the hell are they doing?

So try to avoid these banks, try foreign banks, or other non-government link banks.
+Quote Post
MilesAndMore
post Aug 5 2009, 12:26 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon
Group: Moderator

QUOTE(Justmua @ Aug 5 2009, 12:12 PM)
Foreign MNCs are better in CR area but make no mistake, they are here to make money and so generally their offerings are more expensive. In banks, their rates would be less competitive.

So, as a consumer, we get to choose what is important to us. You want some one to talk and make you feel like you are the king, patronize Foreign MNCs. The rates will be slightly less. The decision is yours. There are always 2 sides to the coin, and you can't win all the time.
Not quite. Standard Chartered's rates are better than most local banks. Citibank used to offer high interest for their Hi-Save but it's been reduced since.

Overall, HSBC offers the least competitive rate in Malaysia but many still bank with them because of its reputation and global presence.

I agree with most people that Maybank and CIMB customer service sucks ! CIMB especially. Both banks are also slow. Took me more than half an hour just to open a bloody bank account with them. Thank god there is still Public Bank which is far more efficient !!!!

+Quote Post
cheahcw2003
post Aug 5 2009, 12:58 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(MilesAndMore @ Aug 5 2009, 12:26 PM)
I agree with most people that Maybank and CIMB customer service sucks ! CIMB especially. Both banks are also slow. Took me more than half an hour just to open a bloody bank account with them. Thank god there is still Public Bank which is far more efficient !!!!
Talking about the CIMB, i accompanied my parent to open a current account in CIMB in one of the branches in KL, we opened it on Friday, the officer said can collect the cheque book on the following Monday afternoon, i went in Wednesday, the other officer said they could not locate my account opening form, no request of cheque book is in their computer system, they took 30 mins to find my account opening form, they could not find it as the officer that opened account for me was on leave.

2 days later they found out that my application form was locked in the drawer, and the officer did not submit for processing b4 she went on leave....nearly vommit blood for this kind of service.....so i need to need another 2 days for the issuing of cheque book. It takes almost a week to completely open a current account with cheque book.

u r right, try PBB or HLB...they offer good service also...
+Quote Post
earlneo
post Aug 5 2009, 04:51 PM

being using maybank2u for the pass 5 years and i would say their service is excellent.
+Quote Post
shadow_dweller
post Aug 5 2009, 07:30 PM

Enthusiast

Maybank is ok except their server down for mantainence every day midnight doh.gif

+Quote Post
MilesAndMore
post Aug 5 2009, 07:45 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon
Group: Moderator

QUOTE(shadow_dweller @ Aug 5 2009, 07:30 PM)
Maybank is ok except their server down for mantainence every day midnight   doh.gif
Their online banking is probably the best in the country. With a long list of billers. It is a decent bank, as long as you do not have to deal with any human being working in this bank laugh.gif

As far as i am concerned, you are not allowed to carry out any transaction between 12am - 6am on Maybank, CIMB Bank and Public Bank online banking portal. I believe it is the same for all other banks.

Maybank system will be down a while, usually between 12am - 1am+-. After that, you will still be able to check on your account balances, transaction etc. As for CIMB Bank, you will receive an error message after midnight. You will be able to login again after 1am (normally), but they won't be able to display any of your account transaction sad.gif

Public Bank on the other hand, you can still access their online banking portal anytime after midnight. You may check your account information etc. but all transaction will be temporary blocked between 12am - 6am.

This post has been edited by MilesAndMore: Aug 5 2009, 07:46 PM
+Quote Post
shaun3230
post Aug 5 2009, 08:11 PM

S60 v5 extereme user

I prefer CIMB, but since I dont use online baning, I find that both banks got too many ppl using. Thats whY I use RHB
+Quote Post
AskarPerang
post Aug 5 2009, 11:10 PM

~tUPaI...~

Maybank has an extra edge after their atm card can now be used as debit card n you can use with online purchase such as paypal.
+Quote Post
bob
post Aug 6 2009, 10:03 AM

* hari2mau *

in term of getting loan (housing or hire purchase) maybank always offered slighty better rate than cimb.
But to me, MB always need 'nice' documentation & from which company are u working for, but with cimb is more tolerate.

+Quote Post
cheahcw2003
post Aug 8 2009, 12:39 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(bob @ Aug 6 2009, 10:03 AM)
in term of getting loan (housing or hire purchase) maybank always offered slighty better rate than cimb.
But to me, MB always need 'nice' documentation & from which company are u working for, but with cimb is more tolerate.
what kind of loan are u talking about?? CIMB not bad too

+Quote Post
Eden
post Aug 8 2009, 04:57 AM

GooD Is NoT GooD, BaD Is Not BaD

cs for both bank is suck, it took me few hours before i sucessfull open account at their branch, but if you talking about online banking, maybank is batter than CIMB, maybank ATM machine also easier to find than CIMB. Conclusion is it is convinient their ATM network and online banking, but not their cs
+Quote Post
bleeper
post Sep 8 2009, 06:31 PM

On my way

deleted

This post has been edited by bleeper: Sep 8 2009, 06:38 PM
+Quote Post
David83
post Sep 8 2009, 06:36 PM

Witch Doctor
Group Icon

QUOTE(bleeper @ Sep 8 2009, 06:31 PM)
FYI, maybank now charges 50 cents for each bill payment (utility, astro, maxis, etc) as oppose to other banks which are still free.
1. Are there any charges for online bill payments?

There is a 50sen charge for each successful transaction to selected payee corporations. You will be notified when you make a payment to any of these corporations and the amount will be debited from your Maybank account.

For deposits to your Tabung Haji account, a 50sen fee will be debited from your Maybank account. Lembaga Tabung Haji also charges a fee of RM1 that will be debited from your Tabung Haji Account.

For education loan repayments to JPA (Pinjaman/Gantirugi), JPA charges a fee of RM1 that will be debited from your Maybank account.

+Quote Post
bleeper
post Sep 8 2009, 06:39 PM

On my way

QUOTE(David83 @ Sep 8 2009, 06:36 PM)
1. Are there any charges for online bill payments?

There is a 50sen charge for each successful transaction to selected payee corporations. You will be notified when you make a payment to any of these corporations and the amount will be debited from your Maybank account.

For deposits to your Tabung Haji account, a 50sen fee will be debited from your Maybank account. Lembaga Tabung Haji also charges a fee of RM1 that will be debited from your Tabung Haji Account.

For education loan repayments to JPA (Pinjaman/Gantirugi), JPA charges a fee of RM1 that will be debited from your Maybank account.
Yes.. sorry. i got charged for auto debit. Wasnt paying attention.
+Quote Post
David83
post Sep 8 2009, 06:40 PM

Witch Doctor
Group Icon

QUOTE(bleeper @ Sep 8 2009, 06:39 PM)
Yes.. sorry. i got charged for auto debit. Wasnt paying attention.
For Auto Debit:

Service fee:
RM1 for every successful transaction
Payment mode:
Monthly, quarterly, or half-yearly

URL: http://www.maybank2u.com.my/mbb_info/m2u/p...al/ACC-Accounts
+Quote Post
AskarPerang
post Sep 8 2009, 07:52 PM

~tUPaI...~

I just starting doing some online business transactions.
And I can say that CIMB is a lot easier for the seller to trace the payment is from who. CIMB will tell you the date and time and the transfer is from who.

For maybank all you get is fund transfer RMXXX that's all. No time, no nothing.
+Quote Post
iluvena
post Sep 10 2009, 01:39 PM

Casual

anyone knows what is the function of EPF payment that available on Maybank2u?

can we put our own money to our own EPF account?
+Quote Post
LucasPSS
post Sep 10 2009, 01:46 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(sdk @ Mar 10 2008, 10:00 AM)
Thank you for your responses. I suppose I'll check out both banks before I decide.

Another suggestion given to me, since I plan to keep my HSBC account, is to open a savings account at Maybank/CIMB and just transfer all monies to HSBC each month. I suppose that works too  biggrin.gif
ya u can do that via standing instruction. this way u dun have to deal with it everytime ur money come in to ur MBB/CIMB acc. but i not sure whether they charge u anything by issueing SI.
in terms of service, i would suggest u CIMB.
+Quote Post
chyigang
post Jan 21 2010, 05:55 PM

if u wan trouble......go for Maybank...
the hotline is a fake number...no one would answer ur call...minimum waiting time is half an hour.
eventhough they pick up ur call...they cant do anything thru the phone...they'll tell "go to the branch,go to the branch"....
+Quote Post
T630
post Jan 22 2010, 12:33 AM

On my way

to me, both sucks! shakehead.gif
+Quote Post
junkeat
post Jan 22 2010, 12:43 AM

Getting Started

I prefer Public for service and everything. But you are in Malaysia, i advise u have a Maybank your convinient purpose.

For me, Maybank and CIMB both also have long waiting. But most of the transaction will prefer Maybank
+Quote Post

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.2502sec    3.31    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 09:20 PM